• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

I just put in a request with one of my LCS to preorder 20 copies of each Walking Dead issue from #97 to #102 just because. We will see if these issues will have any value above cover or not.

Multiply what you did by across the country and across the number of like minded people and I think you'll have your answer before those books ever hit the stands.

That was my immediate thought, but then I look back at historical hot runs/books like DD 181 and X-Men 137, where orders jumped on hot issues and beyond, and STILL the books rose to above cover and stayed there.

--------------

pre-internet the world acted differently. dealers could order 500 copies assuming they'd be in business another 10-15 years and be content selling 1 or 2 a week at guide. everything didn't get put up on the internet right away. i have someone who is STILL selling the DD 181s/X-Men 137s they ordered 30+ years ago, selling them off bit by bit. the closest thing might be ultimate spiderman 1, which as i understand it had a relatively healthy print-run by today's standards.

Here's another NON Walking Dead Comic that's Selling for good Money on eBay!!

Batman "The New 52!" #4 1st Prints are Selling for around $9 to $20 + Shipping on eBay!!

Bizarre... had no idea that issue sold out. Some of the LCSs here might still have a few... hm

Here's another NON Walking Dead Comic that's Selling for good Money on eBay!!

Batman "The New 52!" #4 1st Prints are Selling for around $9 to $20 + Shipping on eBay!!

Bizarre... had no idea that issue sold out. Some of the LCSs here might still have a few... hm

Print run was wrecked on that book - a lot of retailers returned as damaged.

I just put in a request with one of my LCS to preorder 20 copies of each Walking Dead issue from #97 to #102 just because. We will see if these issues will have any value above cover or not.

Multiply what you did by across the country and across the number of like minded people and I think you'll have your answer before those books ever hit the stands.

That was my immediate thought, but then I look back at historical hot runs/books like DD 181 and X-Men 137, where orders jumped on hot issues and beyond, and STILL the books rose to above cover and stayed there.

--------------

pre-internet the world acted differently. dealers could order 500 copies assuming they'd be in business another 10-15 years and be content selling 1 or 2 a week at guide. everything didn't get put up on the internet right away. i have someone who is STILL selling the DD 181s/X-Men 137s they ordered 30+ years ago, selling them off bit by bit. the closest thing might be ultimate spiderman 1, which as i understand it had a relatively healthy print-run by today's standards.

I thought you were kidding until I read the bottom you are serious. Well maybe your a genius here who knows. But this doesnt sound familiar at all to another time period in comic history where sellers tried this?

Edited by Fastballspecial

Okay everyone place your bets. Will the reserve get met? Will it break 10K? Only thing hurts it is guy is new seller, but will that even matter? These are the thoughts that make the world turn. Cant wait to see the reaction on this. Whatcha think JJ?

WD 1 Original Art Page

Edited by Fastballspecial

Okay everyone place your bets. Will the reserve get met? Will it break 10K? Only thing hurts it is guy is new seller, but will that even matter? These are the thoughts that make the world turn. Cant wait to see the reaction on this. Whatcha think JJ?

WD 1 Original Art Page

Considering the seller has 0 feedback and nothing else for sale, I don't see it getting out of hand.

WD 1 Original Art Page

Deja vu is the experience of feeling sure that one has already witnessed or experienced a current situation, even though the exact circumstances of the prior encounter are uncertain and were perhaps imagined.

Wasn't this up for sale last week?

So he was offered a deal to sell off eBay and it fell through?

Reserve is set at $4000. I aplologize for this item having been listed and then ended only to relist again. I was attempting to raise my reserve, but unfortunately ebay won't allow this as i'm a new sellerr. Those concerned with my lack of ratings should know i'm a professional in the comic book industry with a reputation to protect, and i'm not looking to rip off anyone. Tony has retweeted my auction on ebay.

Hmm....

So he was offered a deal to sell off eBay and it fell through?

Reserve is set at $4000. I aplologize for this item having been listed and then ended only to relist again. I was attempting to raise my reserve, but unfortunately ebay won't allow this as i'm a new sellerr. Those concerned with my lack of ratings should know i'm a professional in the comic book industry with a reputation to protect, and i'm not looking to rip off anyone. Tony has retweeted my auction on ebay.

Hmm....

I actually emailed him and he pointed this out. I'm a lazy reader. The bidding was going nice the 1st time and was at $4k when he ended it. (shrug)

Am I the only one who finds this page positively pedestrian and not even remotely interesting? It's a drawing of a guy in a hospital bed. I understand the "significance" of the page, but that doesn't change the fact that it's not much to look at. And...I also think the market for Tony's OA is way overvalued as a result of the artificial scarcity that Tony has created over the years by overpricing all of his work. If you are going to spend 4k+ on a piece of OA, at least get something cool to look at! Hang this on the wall and get ready for the confused looks of those that visit.

If the art is strong enough, it shouldn't need an explanation.