• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,796 posts in this topic

faster like a boll weevil attacking on a cotton ball factory.

shamed.jpg

I made some posts in 2006 that might not be just right either, since you're looking.

Well, if the print run continues to decrease by 20% of the first issue's print run each month, there would be no issue 6. So I'm guessing that some people consider it very significant.

doh!

To add to the WD bubble bursting thoughts; I just sold a set of the WD Weeklies that was missing 1, 19, and 27 for $350. This really makes me think the bubble isn't going to burst for a while.

Edited by lemonman5

Fatale #2 had a print run of 20k....

OK, so...20k is significantly less than 25k, last time I checked...

It has been a while since I dealt with statistics, but I believe that would not be a statistically significant difference.

Very truly yours,

Smartazz, Esq.

Brubaker was on twitter this weekend saying that the reported print run and sales of Fatale, are for some reason, much below the real numbers.

Take that for whatever you will.

i had a run of 70-79 fall flat on ebay. Apparently everyone else's WD's are doing well. Must be a conspiracy.

Its eBay.... if the people who bought my Fatale's last night for $24 had bothered to search 2 weeks ago when I listed them for $15 they would have got them cheaper.

Its a strange thing, I've listed things that haven't sold in 3 months and then 3 buyers go at it and I get a nice price. If they had looked a few weeks earlier they would have been up against no one and got it for dirt cheap.

i had a run of 70-79 fall flat on ebay. Apparently everyone else's WD's are doing well. Must be a conspiracy.

Its eBay.... if the people who bought my Fatale's last night for $24 had bothered to search 2 weeks ago when I listed them for $15 they would have got them cheaper.

Its a strange thing, I've listed things that haven't sold in 3 months and then 3 buyers go at it and I get a nice price. If they had looked a few weeks earlier they would have been up against no one and got it for dirt cheap.

aah I sold them on ebay, that must be it doh!

To add to the WD bubble bursting thoughts; I just sold a set of the WD Weeklies that was missing 1, 19, and 27 for $350. This really makes me think the bubble isn't going to burst for a while.

When the bubble does burst those will be the first to go. A few newbies are starting to figure out that the weeklys are reprints and not the originals. Lots of newbies have been buying the reprints thinking they are the originals. :frustrated:

53 is certainly heating up (jumped from $15 to $50 in one week), but I honestly don't get it. Is Abraham really that popular? 53 is now on par with 48....and honestly, I much prefer 48. Not really close, either.

53 is certainly heating up (jumped from $15 to $50 in one week), but I honestly don't get it. Is Abraham really that popular? 53 is now on par with 48....and honestly, I much prefer 48. Not really close, either.

The weeklies stopped at 52. Could be another reason why 53 is getting hot.

My 2 cents and I have been saying this to friends for the past few weeks...

There will come a day where there are too many sellers and not enough buyers. Happens with everything. Supply and demand.

The cream is going to rise to the top and those that were in on it early and inexpensively are okay if the prices settle down or even drop because it is still better then it was a year ago on almost all issues.

For those just getting in and check their LCS for any old random issues. That is truly a gamble IMO. Because clearly everyone is doing it and offering them up with the hopes they sell and when competition happens, prices drop (good for buyers, not so great for sellers).

Case in point...

Walking Dead 19 CGC 9.8

For awhile either Branget or myself were the only ones offering them. Little competition (one had a BIN, the other an auction) and there was not enough supply to meet the demand. Now there are several (hovering around 9 per day) of graded 9.8s in some format, all with the pricing based on the Michonne reveal.

It was stated earlier and it will happen eventually. Walking Dead Weeklies are not the way to go. From an investment to a quick flip unless you are as Kev said you can get them cheap, I would caution anyone on these.

Some key issues are hitting $50 marks and that doesn't suprise me. Actually they should be hovering around those prices based on character first appearances or major deaths.

The simple point is this. There are a lot of people making a buck off the series and I congratulate them for it. More people buying the series is good, more people searching for back issues is great also, but clearly there are 2 camps here and 2 ways of thinking.

In early, less risk and can ride out any bubble (when it comes) and those that are in late (very high risk and can't afford to ride out the bubble (when it comes).

If buying WD issues, don't buy gimmicks.

Buy the original issues, but the original series and buy with a purpose. Just because an LCS has 50 random issues doesn't mean you need to buy them all, buy the ones that you know are worthy of purchasing.

I went to ECCC and went through several dealers stock before the show opened. I bought 12 issues all weekend. 12...

I could have bought 300, but why? Grade was an issue, common issues were in multiplies, but the 'key' issues were scarce and when found in high grade well worth the price.

Anyways, my little knowledge drop of sorts and hopefully helpful. Again, not against anyone making money off of Walking Dead and love to see all the issues available. I would just caution anyone investing $150 in order to make $40 profit or break even after time, scanning, shipping, fees etc.

As I always say, just because you can...doesn't mean you should...

JJ

My 2 cents and I have been saying this to friends for the past few weeks...

There will come a day where there are too many sellers and not enough buyers. Happens with everything. Supply and demand.

The cream is going to rise to the top and those that were in on it early and inexpensively are okay if the prices settle down or even drop because it is still better then it was a year ago on almost all issues.

For those just getting in and check their LCS for any old random issues. That is truly a gamble IMO. Because clearly everyone is doing it and offering them up with the hopes they sell and when competition happens, prices drop (good for buyers, not so great for sellers).

Case in point...

Walking Dead 19 CGC 9.8

For awhile either Branget or myself were the only ones offering them. Little competition (one had a BIN, the other an auction) and there was not enough supply to meet the demand. Now there are several (hovering around 9 per day) of graded 9.8s in some format, all with the pricing based on the Michonne reveal.

It was stated earlier and it will happen eventually. Walking Dead Weeklies are not the way to go. From an investment to a quick flip unless you are as Kev said you can get them cheap, I would caution anyone on these.

Some key issues are hitting $50 marks and that doesn't suprise me. Actually they should be hovering around those prices based on character first appearances or major deaths.

The simple point is this. There are a lot of people making a buck off the series and I congratulate them for it. More people buying the series is good, more people searching for back issues is great also, but clearly there are 2 camps here and 2 ways of thinking.

In early, less risk and can ride out any bubble (when it comes) and those that are in late (very high risk and can't afford to ride out the bubble (when it comes).

If buying WD issues, don't buy gimmicks.

Buy the original issues, but the original series and buy with a purpose. Just because an LCS has 50 random issues doesn't mean you need to buy them all, buy the ones that you know are worthy of purchasing.

I went to ECCC and went through several dealers stock before the show opened. I bought 12 issues all weekend. 12...

I could have bought 300, but why? Grade was an issue, common issues were in multiplies, but the 'key' issues were scarce and when found in high grade well worth the price.

Anyways, my little knowledge drop of sorts and hopefully helpful. Again, not against anyone making money off of Walking Dead and love to see all the issues available. I would just caution anyone investing $150 in order to make $40 profit or break even after time, scanning, shipping, fees etc.

As I always say, just because you can...doesn't mean you should...

JJ

Very good post for WD noobs like myself. Thanks!

Edited by buddymagoo