• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

I agree about the collectible comment, but shows like Leverage and White Collar prove that heist shows are still hot. People like watching likable thieves. It will be interesting to see if the non-tights growth in the comic industry will translate into increasing sales. I wonder if Redmond action figures would sell even if the show was a smash hit?

NOT collectible comments!

NOT TV shows!

NOT Redmond action figures!

You're really being a cry baby about the forum conversation. Obviously the sucess of Thief of Thieves as a television show/series/concept is important to the future and current heat that it is experiencing in the market. The notion that you want to limit the conversation in the thread to "Walking Dead 48 is up $10 this week" is depressing at best. :kidaround:relax! Life's too short to get all bent out of shape becasue someone's responsive CGC Board post doesn't squarley fit in mental compartment you conceive that it should.

Strange that cos I think you're a

This post is :signofftopic:

Get back on track, please!

ok,

got some mature cheddar today

ok, then...going to find another thread of interest until you're done throwing your tantrum here. Carry on...

Tell you what, I'll PM Gaz something that's going to heat up on Ebay UK next week.

I could post it here as I did with Saga #1 to give everyone a heads up but as this is the whatever Nico wants thread now, I won't bother.

Still, if you want it to be a thread about anything EXCEPT what's heating up on ebay..............

There's 37k copies of Saga 1 ... It's not going to be a hot book except as a CGC 9.8 ... even the diamond variant isn't super hot (yet) and there's only 500 copies of it. Thief of Thieves is the hot title. A raw comicspro variant went from $50 to $300+ in 24 hours. There was an interesting conversation about the differences b/w TOT & WD (e.g., that WD facilitates more merchandise, whether a caper show will have the longevity of a traditional Sci Fi, etc.) before you had a temper tantrum & I'd like to resume that conversation. I think it was much more insightful than noting that a BKV book would have heat on eBay before people figured out the print run.

Wasnt impressed with Saga at all. Hope it gets better overtime. Which it will I am sure Vaughn doesnt disappoint. Enjoyed Secret much better this week.

I'd say the exact opposite. Really enjoyed Saga and Fiona Staples character art and design and the story has me gripped so far! Suppose you can't really compare the two. I think it would be better to compare Secret to Thief of Thieves of which I prefer the latter.

Edited by buddymagoo

I agree about the collectible comment, but shows like Leverage and White Collar prove that heist shows are still hot. People like watching likable thieves. It will be interesting to see if the non-tights growth in the comic industry will translate into increasing sales. I wonder if Redmond action figures would sell even if the show was a smash hit?

NOT collectible comments!

NOT TV shows!

NOT Redmond action figures!

You're really being a cry baby about the forum conversation. Obviously the sucess of Thief of Thieves as a television show/series/concept is important to the future and current heat that it is experiencing in the market. The notion that you want to limit the conversation in the thread to "Walking Dead 48 is up $10 this week" is depressing at best. :kidaround:relax! Life's too short to get all bent out of shape becasue someone's responsive CGC Board post doesn't squarley fit in mental compartment you conceive that it should.

Strange that cos I think you're a

Wow you make such a compelling argument. You must have been deep in thought for hours before posting that reply :screwy:

Wasnt impressed with Saga at all. Hope it gets better overtime. Which it will I am sure Vaughn doesnt disappoint. Enjoyed Secret much better this week.

I'd say the exact opposite. Really enjoyed Saga and Fiona Staples character art and design and the story has me gripped so far! Suppose you can't really compare the two. I think it would be better to compare Secret to Thief of Thieves of which I prefer the latter.

I'm enjoying Saga as well, although the story is just unfolding.

With today's decompressed/write-for-the-6issue-tpb writing, you almost have to read 6 issues to get a good feel for the books.

Not to kill all the Image talk, but is anyone else amazed that scarlet spider comics are actually selling for more than cover? I just checked completed listings on ebay for web of spiderman 118 and I'm seeing some sales for over $10.

Chromium cover on WD 100 and scarlet spider in comics again. It feels like 1992 all over again.

Also, Iron Muslim seems to be doing well. I picked some of these up only because it seemed like an odd book on top of "anti-patriotic"? (posed as a question since I have not read it and just skimmed the artwork). Reviews are bad on this book, so maybe the concept is what's selling it? Sleeper? (shrug)

Selling above cover, though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RICH-JOHNSTONS-IRON-MUSLIM-1-Variant-NM-1st-printing-set-/221000335945?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3374a58249

http://www.ebay.com/itm/350557020868?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Dead-Pooh is heating up as well. I finally bit the bullet and listed one of my raw runs of Walking Dead on the bay. Its amazing to see runs hitting over $3000 consistently when they were barely getting half that two months ago.

I see a Nightwing #1 CGC 9.8 currently at $100 on eBay.

I sold the entire run last year $550. I always thought it was an excellent title and take on Nightwing. It was good to see him take on Batman but I also felt that kind of killed him off as a character in his own right at the same time. The new series is no where near as good.

Dead-Pooh is heating up as well. I finally bit the bullet and listed one of my raw runs of Walking Dead on the bay. Its amazing to see runs hitting over $3000 consistently when they were barely getting half that two months ago.

Tried to get this in UK but had no luck

I see a Nightwing #1 CGC 9.8 currently at $100 on eBay.

seems low to me, $150 ish is normal range if I remember correctly. Dark cover

Also, Iron Muslim seems to be doing well. I picked some of these up only because it seemed like an odd book on top of "anti-patriotic"? (posed as a question since I have not read it and just skimmed the artwork). Reviews are bad on this book, so maybe the concept is what's selling it? Sleeper? (shrug)

Selling above cover, though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RICH-JOHNSTONS-IRON-MUSLIM-1-Variant-NM-1st-printing-set-/221000335945?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3374a58249

http://www.ebay.com/itm/350557020868?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I'll pass, my Capitalist side doesn't cross my Patriotic side.

Any one else shocked by the price tag on the Thief of Thieves comics. I don't know which number shocks me more the $300+ for the comicspro variant or the $30+ for the raw #1s. I knew there would be heat but I didn't imagine there would be this much heat. Apparently people are very confident that another Kirkman project at AMC will get made and suceed again. The comicspro variant went from $50 to $300 over night!

I saw a ton of Thief of Thieves #1s at C2E2, all priced at $10-15 each. They weren't selling.

ToT Comicspro variants for $75-100. They weren't selling either.

And Saga #1 RRPs priced between $150 and $200. They were still there Sunday at closing.

As you've been told repeatedly, single isolated sales don't make up a trend.