• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

Not to be a pedant, but wasn't it Ampersand? In other words: a pun on '&' (shrug)

Hell if I remember, I haven't read the book in years. I thought I was doing pretty good remembering what I did lol

I was just giving you a hard time - it's Ampersand (i.e. '&').

It's cool.

Not to kill all the Image talk, but is anyone else amazed that scarlet spider comics are actually selling for more than cover? I just checked completed listings on ebay for web of spiderman 118 and I'm seeing some sales for over $10.

Chromium cover on WD 100 and scarlet spider in comics again. It feels like 1992 all over again.

Web of Spiderman 118. Now THAT's what this thread is for! I never would have guessed in a million years that it mattered at all. I was able to get 6 copies out of various sources for $1 or less ea this week. Now gotta flip them fast before the market crumbles! =)

I went to my LCS today and we were talking about ToT. The guy tells me they have a few ToT 1s in the back and asks if I want one. I figured they would be $20/$25 but the guy said he pulled them because they were not selling so I bought 2 of the 3 for cover. I would have purchased the 3rd one but it had a huge gash right in the middle of the front cover.

Kind of crazy how some shops don't pay attention to what is going on online.

I went to my LCS today and we were talking about ToT. The guy tells me they have a few ToT 1s in the back and asks if I want one. I figured they would be $20/$25 but the guy said he pulled them because they were not selling so I bought 2 of the 3 for cover. I would have purchased the 3rd one but it had a huge gash right in the middle of the front cover.

Nice pick up. :applause:

it's either that or a 180 difference. all but one shop i went to recently had no idea walking dead was selling ridiculously (other than maybe the first couple issues)...but one shop was charging $10 an issue, and all they had were 88, 89, 94, & 95....$10 for 95? when every other shop had it for cover....SMH

C2E2 report...

GFT books were not appearing to do anything at the exhibitor booths each time I walked by. There was a gorgeous EBas cover for something that looked amazing from the production value.

Good report Jon. I've never seen the appeal of these books. They've always felt like all flash, no substance, manufactured rarities. This market will implode at some point. The only reason I would buy these is if I loved them and never planned to sell them. Otherwise, they feel like Lady Death and Witchblade all over again.

I enjoyed the early GFT stories (1-25ish), but can't see myself paying the $$$ for flashy sex covers. I do have the hardcover compilations! (thumbs u

1655256-banana2.gifChris

I'm watching an odd comic that seems to be doing well. I don't know much about it other than I found it on The Market as per usual.

Purgatori: Heartbreaker #1 Premium sold at $17.99.

Currently one on eBay already at $23.50 with 8 hours to go and 4 bids. (shrug)

It's a little something different to report other than WD and ToT. lol

There's one selling on Ebay with a BIN 5 bucks (shrug)

That's the wrong book. The one I was showing has already closed and is a black cover.

Yea quick question too not interrupt the flow of this thread .... but with Thieves going hot right now , and SAGA. I was curious as what was the WD starting up like when they sold out. I miss the WD when it started in 2003 and didnt read a single comic ( was out of collecting for the longest time and when the show came out thats when i looked into it !!! WOW wish i hadnt missed it !!) anyway my question , was #1 a sellout , how many copies, then the same for #2 and then did it slowly start leveling off and then REALLY took off again when the show came out ?? is that about right .

i know Chew started out pretty hot right off the bat...you can still read the thread where people talk about how they wouldn't pay $30 or whatever for a new comic. Check the first couple pages of ToT, basically it was DOA (could still be i guess) but some figured they'd be plucking them out of dollar boxes.

Edited by krighton

Thanks guys... Just curious. Cause these image books are just going crazy.. Thieves is getting more prints, danger girl , secret .. Pretty insane.

Follow and read the ones you like. Drop the rest.

Support the projects you like.

In the long run, that'll bring the good books to the forefront.

Thanks guys... Just curious. Cause these image books are just going crazy.. Thieves is getting more prints, danger girl , secret .. Pretty insane.

(thumbs u

Unless you have bad taste. lol

As I recall, WD 1 and 2 were hot right away. By the time issue 7 or 8 came out, 1 and 2 were both in the $30 range. It might have leveled off for years...but the first issues didn't take long to go up.

If $30 is considered hot then I guess it was. I could buy #2 for under $30 just over 2 years ago and #1 averaged $50.

As I recall, WD 1 and 2 were hot right away. By the time issue 7 or 8 came out, 1 and 2 were both in the $30 range. It might have leveled off for years...but the first issues didn't take long to go up.

That's not what I remember at all - I started buying WD off the rack at around issue 6, due to the owner of my LCS saying it was a good read. At that time he was out of #1s (he'd only ordered two copies), but I went back a couple of weeks later and picked up 2 through 5 for cover price.

There really wasn't any momentum on that book for quite a long time - I paid $10 or so for the first WD #1 I bought off ebay.

If $30 is considered hot then I guess it was. I could buy #2 for under $30 just over 2 years ago and #1 averaged $50.

That was a lot for a book that was less than a year old.

Not a lot for a book that is 8 years old.

But then...he was asking if it was hot out of the gate (which it was)...not if it was hot in 2010.