• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,839 posts in this topic

According to that comichron site: Batman Sword of Azrael #1 was the #232nd best seller of the year for 1992, unable to beat out 'Lobo: Blazing Chain of Love', which came in 16 spots higher at #216.

------

Lobo was very popular. There are lots of blazing chains out there.

Remember though, every X-Men/Force/Factor/Wolvie book was selling huge numbers, Spidey had multiple titles selling big #s, Batman/Detective was selling well, Spawn and other image titles were being printed in huge #s, Valiants were picking up, Ghost Rider and Punisher books were selling huge...figure that each title is 12 issues and you can see how some other big print-run books could easily get pushed into the 200s and 300s.

According to that comichron site: Batman Sword of Azrael #1 was the #232nd best seller of the year for 1992, unable to beat out 'Lobo: Blazing Chain of Love', which came in 16 spots higher at #216.

------

Remember though, every X-Men/Force/Factor/Wolvie book was selling huge numbers, Spidey had multiple titles selling big #s, Batman/Detective was selling well, Spawn and other image titles were being printed in huge #s, Valiants were picking up, Ghost Rider and Punisher books were selling huge...figure that each title is 12 issues and you can see how some other big print-run books could easily get pushed into the 200s and 300s.

I said that with less words. lol

I agree, who knows what a #232's print run was in 1992. Probably staggering compared to today.

So here I am at the first annual Ottawa Comic Con and what do I see?

Well I see Thief of Thieves being sold for $65 at the Comic Book Addition Booth.

They also had a Walking Dead #1 for $1500.

Which btw is retarded.

Conventions are not eBay.

Also, picked up a run of Walking Dead 1 - 90 for $2400 all at least 9.0s most higher.

moral of the story,

stop this eBay modern bs or at least don't publicize it. Because Giant hats will follow those as guides for there raw moderns.

------

I said that with less words. lol

I agree, who knows what a #232's print run was in 1992. Probably staggering compared to today.

Serious_Nod_Smiley_by_Mirz123.gif

Decided to check out an LCS that is 30 minutes away that I hadn't been to before. The store owner is the stereotypical "comic book guy" to a T. I asked him about Thanos Quest and Infinity Gauntlet. He proceeds to tell me that he just bought a set of Infinity Gauntlet, but he isn't sure what he is going to price them at yet since they are going crazy online. He never offered me a price while I was in his store, after having already expressed interest. Then I go to buy his three remaining copies of Walking Dead 93, which have sat unsold for four months now, and he tells me I can only buy two. Does he want to sell his merchandise...or not? And...if I wanted to pay eBay prices for Infinity Gauntlet, I certainly wouldn't drive 30 miles out of my way to do it. ;-)

Well I see Thief of Thieves being sold for $65 at the Comic Book Addition Booth.

Which btw is retarded.

Also, picked up a run of Walking Dead 1 - 90 for $2400 all at least 9.0s most higher.

moral of the story,

stop this eBay modern bs or at least don't publicize it. Because Giant hats will follow those as guides for there raw moderns.

:roflmao:

Which btw is retarded.

moral of the story,

:roflmao:

if a booth is selling magic cards as well as comic books, chances are they will be out of business in five years.

Which btw is retarded.

moral of the story,

I was at the store today and the WD 1 was only $1200 :whistle:

Jim

I was at the store today and the WD 1 was only $1200 :whistle:

Jim

okay so I was wrong about the price by $300. But the book is RAW and that is still way too much to be pricing that book.

Not to mention a $65 ToT is retarded.