• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

i've looked at Rachel Rising but for some reason never bought one.
When E.F. Branget speaks, people listen.

The pliers in his avatar are a divining rod for hot books

Or a sack crusher for those who get out of line.

Oh tip of the iceberg I'm afraid. Thankfully my Wife talked to me about allowing comic book sales at the house. :eek:

:sorry:

lol

Are you on utube too? :eek:

hm

I thought that was what they were all along. lol

I advanced reordered a bunch of earth 2 #2's back when earth 2 #1 sold out so fast...diamond is sold out of #2, but they have announced a 2nd printing

I noticed that What if #49 seems to be fetching pretty decent amounts lately - It has Thanos in it. The title is "What if the Silver Surfer possessed the Infinity Gauntlet?" I haven't read it but that's a pretty interesting story idea...

+1 I've noticed that recently too.

Top 15 comics heating up in the Modern Age that are not variants are the following:

• Batman Vengeance of Bane #1
  • New X-Men #128
  • Solar, Man of the Atom #10
  • Lady Mechanika #1
  • Star Trek, The Next Generation/Doctor Who #1
  • Bloodshot #51
  • Thief of Thieves #1
  • Batman #1 DC 52
  • Earth 2 #2
  • Infinity Gaunlet #1
  • Amazing Spider-Man #430
  • Thanos Quest #1
  • Daredevil #1 (2011)
  • Justice League #1
  • Daredevil #2 (2011)

To check out the ones that didn't make the list you can visit The Market here.

So I wanted to see if earth 2 would be worth picking up. My LCS has 10+ copies of #1, and i'll get at least 2 copies of #2 on wed. So I listed it 1/2 on ebay and someone hit the BIN for $17 shipped.

So you spent $8 on the books and at least $3-4 on shipping + packing materials + time on listing and packing - Ebay FVF - Paypal fees? What do you net? $3? $4?

I just don't understand this.

Profit is profit. I sell on amazon sometimes for 1 cent+ 3.99 shipping.

i mail about 30 comics a week andif i make 1 dollar peofit on each its more money than i had

True. I guess it's just a question of how much your time is worth.

i mail about 30 comics a week andif i make 1 dollar peofit on each its more money than i had

Yep. Profit isn't really profit when you'd make more money digging behind your couch for loose change.

i have a hard time selling anything on ebay unless i'm at the $50+ range. Unless i'm desperate. Too exhausting packaging up the comics for mailing for pennies profit. But then again, if you have the supplies and don't mind boxing up stuff, profit is profit.

Edited by krighton

I would also guess that selling a few things per week at a few bucks profit is a good way to get and keep a high rating. If I am already at a store buying my weekly pull and I can scoop up a few books to move for small profits (or large ones,) those $4+ profit transaction end up ensuring that I can keep reading at a low cost/free. I only sub 6 ongoing titles so it only takes a few extra books to keep my money focused on more expensive keys/slabs/raw back issues.

Edited by Mangbus

Thats 1 dollar minimum. Just saying everything helps. Not bragging just .saying for the sake of discussion but i made 320 last week and 430 this week but i buy hundreds of comics a month so its all relative. Anyways it doesent take much time since i do everything from work. Cut cardboard they throw away to ship comics in. Use their tape. Buy my own envelopes. Check my "store" on my phone at work and hit the post office on lunch. By the way im pretty sure they hate me there because of how many packages i bring every day

Oh and i dont ebay.

Edited by jjoseph7772

If one has a good system in place these sorts of sales can be done efficientlly. A $4 profit if you can list/pack the stuff up in 20 minutes is $12 an hour. If it's a second part-time job and you aren't making much $ in the forst place it is a heck of a lot better than schlepping off to the 7-11 to work a night shift after your regular job. particularly if you are doing it in the comfort of your hown home when you might be watching TV/wasting time otherwise. you can watch TV at the same time!

plus, if you're selling lots of stuff it may drive traffic to your other sales.