• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

I found Sixth Gun #1 this Wed. at the LCS (for cover) and thought 'Hey, people are talking about it, why not hoard a copy'. Foolishly read it. Now I must go back and get the other issues to finish the story. I'm never going to sell my stuff if I keep reading it.

X-O seems to be getting some traction - I love the book, but I wonder: will it be worth much as a second run in a series? I don't know much about the 1993 version. The new book is great.

Think of the 1993 version being the golden age comic equivalent of what they are putting out now. There will always be die hard fans of the 1993 stuff but the newer stuff is great and as long as the stories stay well written I'd image there will be some worth in owning the variants and what not. hm

X-O seems to be getting some traction - I love the book, but I wonder: will it be worth much as a second run in a series? I don't know much about the 1993 version. The new book is great.

Keep in mind that the current X-O Manowar series is the 3rd run. 1992 saw a 68(+) issue run. Then Acclaim did a Vol.2 for 21 issues. The current series can considered Vol.3

As good as the current series has been, and I've been enjoying it very much, the first 20 issues of the original 1992 run is better in my mind. Well worth reading and comparing the two!

Newstand variants mate

They're direct editions. It says so in the UPC area.

They look like the Direct Editions with the cardstock mask ripped off. The Newsstand versions don't say "Direct" in the UPC.

My favorite part of the auction is ready to be CGC'd - yeah if you want a qualified label!

Great, let's make our own variants. Someone should call the guy out on it if he is doing this.