• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,856 posts in this topic

Not really sure where I should post this and I don't want to derail the convo, so feel free to point me in the right direction...

Is there any way to prohibit zero feedback buyers from bidding on your items? I thought I checked some box when setting up my seller account a long time ago that kept low feedback or problem ebayers from bidding on your items, but can't find it now.

I don't want to turn off potential bidders who may see this as someone shilling.

I know I've gotten frustrated by this in the past and gave up on an item.

Edited by awakeintheashes

Not really sure where I should post this and I don't want to derail the convo, so feel free to point me in the right direction...

Is there any way to prohibit zero feedback buyers from bidding on your items? I thought I checked some box when setting up my seller account a long time ago that kept low feedback or problem ebayers from bidding on your items, but can't find it now.

I don't want to turn off potential bidders who may see this as someone shilling.

I know I've gotten frustrated by this in the past and gave up on an item.

PM being sent

No, you can ban negative bidders, but not zero. I wouldn't ban them anyway, since I have lots of successful transactions with ebay noobs. Everyone starts somewhere.

Thanks, man. I figured as much. I'm sure my frustration was misplaced and those buyers were legit when I got frustrated. It was around the time the book I was bidding on first started to increase in value.

Actually, I may have lied. Found this with a google search:

1. Log on to your ebay account,

2. go to my ebay

3. go to site map at the top right (under the "help")

4. in the middle column under "sell" go to "Buyer Block Exemption List"

5. Then click on "buyer block" under "Buyer Block Exemption List"

6. It will take you to this page:

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BuyerBlockPreferences

7. then go to the bottom, to "Buyers who may bid on several of my items and not pay for them"

8. then check off the second one "Only apply this block to buyers who have a feedback score of __ or lower." And scroll down to "0"

9. and then you can also check of the last one "Apply above settings to active and future listings."

Still think it's a bad idea.

Dude wanted to win it....placed a high enough bid and outbid everyone else until they stopped bidding 30 min before the auction ended...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230907796865?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1561.l2649

Hopefully that doesn't happen with my other auction with a zero feedback bidder in the lead.

Let's hope he pays...or "receives" the item.

That Tv show deal about the Sixth Gun has started to circulate then - whats it fetching now?

That Tv show deal about the Sixth Gun has started to circulate then - whats it fetching now?

It's also a great book and probably getting a nice push from Comixology readers wanting the floppies.