• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

The sig series book is up to 2k with like five days left. Top bidder is probably Ditko who upon winning will crack and sign with witness present, resub and sell for like 50k

more like 5 mil, the first and only cgc ss ditko?! that would be insane pricing. look at alan moore's cgc ss books, imagine a ditko one :o

Superior Spider-Man #1 Midtown Variant

$10 on Midtown now one sold for $169

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Superior-Spider-Man-1-Midtown-Comics-Variant-Cover-Campbell-Connect-Amazing-700-/170969469068?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item27ce93108c

And Linguini said you'd have to have both covers in order to sell for a flip... I beg to differ sir

This entire superior spider-man / spider-man 700 thing is stupid.

This is coming from someone who bought 5 copies of the quesada variant for cover and flipped them instantaneously.

I've made my money and there is too much risk in buying a bunch of regional or store variants and waiting the two or three weeks for them to arrive and than flip them. IMO.

Watching this thread for the past few days / weeks has made me feel like i've been constantly high. Even though I'm only high like 70 percent of the time.

But than again I also have one of those stupid effing Comixology WD 100's that I was burned on. Ugh, UGHGHHGHGHG

Shut up!!!!!!!! I really hate to see you post. ( yes I have been drinkin,sorry cgc mods) Jimmy shut up!!!!!

Dude that was a little harsh. (shrug)

+1

I enjoyed his response. I just don't know who he is. lol

Superior Spider-Man #1 Midtown Variant

$10 on Midtown now one sold for $169

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Superior-Spider-Man-1-Midtown-Comics-Variant-Cover-Campbell-Connect-Amazing-700-/170969469068?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item27ce93108c

And Linguini said you'd have to have both covers in order to sell for a flip... I beg to differ sir

This entire superior spider-man / spider-man 700 thing is stupid.

This is coming from someone who bought 5 copies of the quesada variant for cover and flipped them instantaneously.

I've made my money and there is too much risk in buying a bunch of regional or store variants and waiting the two or three weeks for them to arrive and than flip them. IMO.

Watching this thread for the past few days / weeks has made me feel like i've been constantly high. Even though I'm only high like 70 percent of the time.

But than again I also have one of those stupid effing Comixology WD 100's that I was burned on. Ugh, UGHGHHGHGHG

Shut up!!!!!!!! I really hate to see you post. ( yes I have been drinkin,sorry cgc mods) Jimmy shut up!!!!!

Dude that was a little harsh. (shrug)

+1

I enjoyed his response. I just don't know who he is. lol

lol

So the preview doesn't count? So many rules to this hobby

Oh it counts, sadly you will get a bunch or jokers who will say no because they are heavily invested in books they mistakenly think are the first appearance. Nice work on finding this one!

I said somewhere in the Is Spider-man Superior thread that Marvel Previews 2 actually contains the first Superior Spidey. No one acknowledged my post at the time.

I remember very distinctly picking it up and flipping through it. It came out one week before DD21 even if you count DD21 to contain Superior's first appearance. Even if you discount Marvel Previews 2, which was free, I think it's really Avenging Spidey 15.1 that's the first app.

Anyway, a year from now Superior will be inferior and the title will be canceled.

So what do you believe? If you said somewhere that the preview is the first then what changed your mind between now and then? I'll tell you this-go look on ebay and see how many of those previews you can track down. I found 1. The market is saturated with those other books you mentioned. The same thing is happening with Annihilation conquest 6. Issue one of Abnett's GOTG has blown up, saw one going for 60+ this weekend but you can't find a copy of Conquest 6 anywhere ( the true first appearance of the team that will appear in the film.)

I'll put 100 on Ebay UK when I get to work tomorrow.

Will that satisfy you, They're as rare as X-Force #1s.

Came in packages of 25 and as a small shop we got 250 copies.

You found 1 because no-one is interested

I'll take them off your hands, I'll buy the whole lot despite the fact that your a fan of Superman.

All going free to customers, another 50 went out today with mail order.

Try your LCS, they're still available from Diamond.

20130108_155220_zps308f3335.jpg

So the preview doesn't count? So many rules to this hobby

Oh it counts, sadly you will get a bunch or jokers who will say no because they are heavily invested in books they mistakenly think are the first appearance. Nice work on finding this one!

I said somewhere in the Is Spider-man Superior thread that Marvel Previews 2 actually contains the first Superior Spidey. No one acknowledged my post at the time.

I remember very distinctly picking it up and flipping through it. It came out one week before DD21 even if you count DD21 to contain Superior's first appearance. Even if you discount Marvel Previews 2, which was free, I think it's really Avenging Spidey 15.1 that's the first app.

Anyway, a year from now Superior will be inferior and the title will be canceled.

So what do you believe? If you said somewhere that the preview is the first then what changed your mind between now and then? I'll tell you this-go look on ebay and see how many of those previews you can track down. I found 1. The market is saturated with those other books you mentioned. The same thing is happening with Annihilation conquest 6. Issue one of Abnett's GOTG has blown up, saw one going for 60+ this weekend but you can't find a copy of Conquest 6 anywhere ( the true first appearance of the team that will appear in the film.)

I'll put 100 on Ebay UK when I get to work tomorrow.

Will that satisfy you, They're as rare as X-Force #1s.

Came in packages of 25 and as a small shop we got 250 copies.

You found 1 because no-one is interested

I'll take them off your hands, I'll buy the whole lot despite the fact that your a fan of Superman.

All going free to customers, another 50 went out today with mail order.

Try your LCS, they're still available from Diamond.

20130108_155220_zps308f3335.jpg

That is a hard book to judge. One LCS has stacks of them, another I stopped at was out of stock.

whats the importance of this book?

its free. i think it helps you keep track of whats going on in the marvel universe

On my PC, this was the 6th new post of this thread and also the 6,666 post in total on this topic.

Spooky(I like numbers)

SEE! Marvel IS the devil! lol

I liked when this thread turned into a "lets talk about books that might get popular in the future" to a "what is the first appearance" instead of about books that are heating up on ebay...

I tried that with Borderlands: Origins.

Was promptly told they were available at cover price from website A & B.

Bought copies from website A & B.

Sold them on Ebay at 6X cover :grin:

Nice (thumbs u I would have gone there but I really needed to shift instead of buy at that point.

Ok... well speaking of the ASM / SSM Midtown Variants is anyone trying to grab them via Dynamic Forces? I have my doubts but the ASM variant is still on the order form for retailers.