• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

Sixth gun what? :o I just sent my #1 to CGC.... :wishluck: "Please again baby Jesus, let it come back a 9.8"

There are (3) Sixth Gun #1 FCBD 9.8s on the census - (2) are blue label (1 is in the possession of Brian Hurtt and 1 is in the possession of Cullen Bunn) and the 3rd one in the census is a yellow label signed by Cullen and Brian and I have that one.

I am a close friend of Brian and Cullen and I gave them each a slab as gift.

(shrug)

... obviously not every New 52 title has enjoyed secondary market success. Look at Catwoman #1 ;) Depends on what you got. Also it took the best part of a year for anything meaningful to happen.

I'm not familiar with the 52. If the writing is half as good as say Iron Man NOW, well then I just don't get it. I would just bring them down to the fire pit and roast a bucket of puppies your Marvel NOW's as there has to be less bad karma in that than reselling them (and their 10,000 variants) to the unsuspecting public.

This is coming from someone with unwavering devotion to Marvel - even through the 90s.

Edited by Mr. Hog

Avengers and New Avengers are decent reads (unsurprisingly since they are written by Hickman). They're not going to be appreciating in value I wouldn't have thought, but are worth a look.

I haven't read any of the other NOW titles, but I would echo what someone else said above - NOW is likely to turn out just like the new 52, in that practically nothing will appreciate in value. There will be one or two good series, and for the rest it'll be pretty much as you were.

Avengers and New Avengers are decent reads (unsurprisingly since they are written by Hickman). They're not going to be appreciating in value I wouldn't have thought, but are worth a look.

I haven't read any of the other NOW titles, but I would echo what someone else said above - NOW is likely to turn out just like the new 52, in that practically nothing will appreciate in value. There will be one or two good series, and for the rest it'll be pretty much as you were.

I completely agree, but there might still be potential in quick flips even if there is zero long term value.

I found a bunch of Marvel Now #1 issues in the 50 cent and dollar bin at a LCS. Do you guys think they will eventually heat up like the DC New 52 or should I just get rid of them now?

pure garbage

oh you. They are the top comic company for a reason, and their movies made comics mainstream again for the first time since the 80s craze.

haters-gonna-hate-barbie-jeep-wheelie.gif

The modern section will always be hardcore indie/image biased cause its what people read/speculate in here. Be interesting in a decade when most of it has crash and burned, to see what tune is being sung.

I got 5-6 copies of All New X-Men 1-3, Fantastic Four 1, Avengers Arena, Cable and the X-Force, Iron Man and Thor for 50 cents each.

I just looked into it, and X-Men 1-6 are selling for $30+, so those might have future potential.

Edited by lemonman5

I found a bunch of Marvel Now #1 issues in the 50 cent and dollar bin at a LCS. Do you guys think they will eventually heat up like the DC New 52 or should I just get rid of them now?

pure garbage

oh you. They are the top comic company for a reason, and their movies made comics mainstream again for the first time since the 80s craze.

haters-gonna-hate-barbie-jeep-wheelie.gif

The modern section will always be hardcore indie/image biased cause its what people read/speculate in here. Be interesting in a decade when most of it has crash and burned, to see what tune is being sung.

They are a Disney Movie making company. they dont give a mess about comic books or their readers.