• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

http://www.deadline.com/2013/04/corey-stoll-to-star-in-the-strain-guillermo-del-toro-series-fx/

Could be interesting with Carlton Cuse and Del Toro involved who both have other comic / manga adaptations on the boil. Not read The Strain yet... any thoughts? Will be checking it out later but it looks like FX has jumped in on this one.

First novel was awesome, second novel started getting slow for me so I never finished. The comic adapt. was ok so I dropped it after issue 2 I think. Is this blowing up on ebay now???

http://www.deadline.com/2013/04/corey-stoll-to-star-in-the-strain-guillermo-del-toro-series-fx/

Could be interesting with Carlton Cuse and Del Toro involved who both have other comic / manga adaptations on the boil. Not read The Strain yet... any thoughts? Will be checking it out later but it looks like FX has jumped in on this one.

First novel was awesome, second novel started getting slow for me so I never finished. The comic adapt. was ok so I dropped it after issue 2 I think. Is this blowing up on ebay now???

Last I checked they were at $15-20 on eBay and there are none left. But it isn't coming up in sold/completed listings. And I sold 4 of them so they should be there.

I don't see The Strain comic going crazy if the novel is adapted into a movie, because the comic is an adaptation too, not the source material. Stranger things have happened, but it just doesn't seem like something that should carry a huge premium to me.

Edited by Solar

I don't see The Strain comic going crazy if the novel is adapted into a movie, because the comic is an adaptation too, not the source material. Stranger things have happened, but it just doesn't seem like something that should carry a huge premium to me.

TV show on FX, not a movie. We'll see. I have the first two HC novels 1st/1st but in my experience, novels don't spike too much either after a movie is announced unless they were way obscure when released. This book was probably printed heavily due to Del Toro being a co-author.

The C2E2 sales threads on here are stupid right now.

I only say that because there is one person who is offering books saying they are 9.8 for sure - when I know for a fact they have subbed books in the last 12 months only to get 9.4s and 9.2s.

Be careful board members - buy from people you've bought from before! (thumbs u

TV show on FX, not a movie. We'll see. I have the first two HC novels 1st/1st but in my experience, novels don't spike too much either after a movie is announced unless they were way obscure when released. This book was probably printed heavily due to Del Toro being a co-author.

That's what I get for not actually clicking the link lol

I wasn't a big fan of the Strain novels, but it could translate to a pretty cool TV show if the effects are done well.

You want my Champ Baily on the GB Packers?

Pat

We would take him for league minimum, would be a good practice squad player. He could tell our youngsters horror stories about getting beat HUGE in the final minutes of big games.

Proud Packers Owner since 1997 ;)

Wow, one bad game and he's league minimum?

I guess to make the deal official, Elway will shake hands with his Packer-beating Super Bowl ring on.

Pat

You want my Champ Baily on the GB Packers?

Pat

We would take him for league minimum, would be a good practice squad player. He could tell our youngsters horror stories about getting beat HUGE in the final minutes of big games.

Proud Packers Owner since 1997 ;)

Wow, one bad game and he's league minimum?

I guess to make the deal official, Elway will shake hands with his Packer-beating Super Bowl ring on.

Pat

sorry fellas but if you are going off topic it had better be about tom brady getting another ring!

The C2E2 sales threads on here are stupid right now.

I only say that because there is one person who is offering books saying they are 9.8 for sure - when I know for a fact they have subbed books in the last 12 months only to get 9.4s and 9.2s.

Be careful board members - buy from people you've bought from before! (thumbs u

Link?

I wasn't a big fan of the Strain novels, but it could translate to a pretty cool TV show if the effects are done well.

Apparently they're pumping a LOT of money into the effect budget. Of course, effects don't necessarily make a story any better, but it seems with Del Toro's name and the rumored budget, this is something that more likely than not will make it to air. Waits to be seen (thumbs u

I used to enjoy Larry's report. Then he wouldn't correct errors when they were pointed out and would keep repeating them week after week, even after knowing they were wrong. Add that to he fact that he's not exactly the friendliest guy on the net and that equaled me unsubscribing from his email list and not reading the report anymore. I've never spent a dime with him so I realize that my opinions are completely irrelevant to him, but they are just that.....my opinions.

Ya, I enjoy reading it too. BUT, it starts to suck/becomes pointless when most of it is just cut and past from last weeks report. I know a lot of the titles stay the same, but you think he'd at least change the five word comment he has after each listing.