• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

>>personally could give two craps about the first comic appearance of Star Lords father Jason of Spartax<<<

Understandable.

However recently I was asked to participate on a Marvel conference call with Brian Bendis & their marketing team.

Mr Bendis said that Jason of Spartax would be the biggest villain in the Marvel universe within a year. ( I take that with a grain of salt )

His two books are going to be closely related.

All new x-men & guardians.

The universe is aware that Jean Grey ( potential Phoenix ) is back, and they are coming for her. ( via Jason of Spartax )

Or something...

Buy what you think is smart.

I'll do the same.

Hum, I didn't know that, and now I do care about Jason of Spartax.

The Hood will be massive

doh!

The first appearance of his dad is a $1 book right now.

It would be stupid not to pick it up!

I'm glad Larry's back.

I wish it was a $1 book, but it's really not even close. $20-$40 or more depending on condition. It's also Star Lord's 2nd appearance, so it's not necessarily dirt cheap.

The first appearance of his dad is a $1 book right now.

It would be stupid not to pick it up!

I'm glad Larry's back.

I wish it was a $1 book, but it's really not even close. $20-$40 or more depending on condition. It's also Star Lord's 2nd appearance, so it's not necessarily dirt cheap.

I think he was referring to Star-Lord Special Edition can be found for $1, which Marvel Preview #11 on the other hand can not be found for $1 or if you do you are super lucky. With all that said, Star-Lord Special Edition #1 is not even Jason of Sparta's 1st comic book appearance. While, Marvel Special Edition #1,reprints, Marvel Preview #11 (1st appearance/magazine format), he was in......Marvel Spotlight Vol 2 #6 which came out in May 1980 almost 2 years prior to Star-Lord Special Edition #1, making Marvel Spotlight #6 his 1st comic book appearance as well as Star-Lords. Also yeah, I would pick up anything circa 70's/80's that is Star-Lord related. Wow, that felt super nerdy to type Star-lord that many times.

>>personally could give two craps about the first comic appearance of Star Lords father Jason of Spartax<<<

Understandable.

However recently I was asked to participate on a Marvel conference call with Brian Bendis & their marketing team.

Mr Bendis said that Jason of Spartax would be the biggest villain in the Marvel universe within a year. ( I take that with a grain of salt )

His two books are going to be closely related.

All new x-men & guardians.

The universe is aware that Jean Grey ( potential Phoenix ) is back, and they are coming for her. ( via Jason of Spartax )

Or something...

Buy what you think is smart.

I'll do the same.

I think they'll make him big, then we won't hear about him again for 5 years or more, and he'll fade into a minor villain. Marvel seems to do that with many of their villains.

Not sure how many people still read this thread for comics heating up but I thought I would post these regardless:

Superman #75 Platinum @ $76 & 4 bids.

Amazing Spider-Man #362 Double Cover @ $51 @ 29 bids.

Revival #1 Sketch Variant @ $51 & 13 bids.

Adventure Times #1 @ $36 & 7 bids.

Action Comics #684 II printing @ $24+ & 2 bids.

Thanos Imperatve #1,2,5&6 @ $21+ & 26 bids.

(thumbs u

Not sure how many people still read this thread for comics heating up but I thought I would post these regardless:

(thumbs u

wth,why are you posting this in a moderns heating up forum!?

jk

Thanks

(thumbs u

Always enjoy these. Keep em coming :banana:

I don't know. I sold a run #21 1st print and variant to #34 at the end of last month. I bought them all at cover price. After bag and boads, fees, shipping supplies, and shipping I made $2.66.

(thumbs u

Love reading your post and tweets!!

Me also!!

I think people are starting to dig prophet

$T2eC16NHJG!FFmhSkmcPBRoDNjV5-w~~60_57.JPG

You mean Profit.

It is wild though. I don't think 90% of readers would even understand it. I'm not sure I even do.

Something always draws me to it though.

It's crazy...

They told me that this was going to be the cover to 22, but they didn't really like it so they ended up using it for the reprint...

lol...profit....

trying to collect with out the debt...

Just finished the gn, awesome stuff. I stopped following Graham's blog right when this came out and somehow missed this. Now I'm playing catch up, wish I had the cash to pick that up. Awesome cover.

Never sell anything. Ever. Problem solved.

Compulsive_Hoarding-1.jpg

Then hoarding takes over.

Nice ceiling fan.

Ugghh. Can't stand when people keep action figures in the packages, and THEN display them. Either take them out and display them, or keep them in storage if you're going to sell them.

All I see is a bunch of toys that sell for less now than the day they came out.

Never sell anything. Ever. Problem solved.

Compulsive_Hoarding-1.jpg

Then hoarding takes over.

Nice ceiling fan.

Ugghh. Can't stand when people keep action figures in the packages, and THEN display them. Either take them out and display them, or keep them in storage if you're going to sell them.

All I see is a bunch of toys that sell for less now than the day they came out.

(tsk)