• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

edit: sorry forgot to quote.. this is in response to the comic being a mini from the last of us.

.no they arnt.. maybe the other collectors edition that has the statue is a mini but the survival edition the one with the fulll art book is a full size comic.. i'll take a pic and post it.

2qs30hz.jpg

Edited by rayjay77

For what it's worth Lock & Key Rumors are back...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/universal-picks-up-locke-key-571840

Issues to own? I think I am right on all of these. It could be issue 3 not two of Snaked but I cannot remember for sure.

Futuristic tales of the here and now 3

Snaked 2

Badger Saves the World 3

Doctor Who Classics 2, 2b

Spider-Man Unlimited 8

I'm going to go ahead and say, look at the census for Locke and Key.

the Key issues (the 9.9s and 10's and the SS 9.9s) have always demanded large coin. #1s are also big $$$ books.

I do not think anyone who doesn't already own several Locke and Key slabs should buy this title hoping to make money - the market is already pretty saturated (a lot were done when Isanove came to the US for a signing). 2c

Ironically, Whetteon is about the only one who tries to constantly keep this thread on task. More Whetteon!

(thumbs u

1-Si. He's PIMP!

2-I'd honestly post more info, but you guys are the experts when it comes to prices and heat. I'd probably just come across the same things as everyone else if I did research.

the Key issues (the 9.9s and 10's and the SS 9.9s) have always demanded large coin. #1s are also big $$$ books.

I do not think anyone who doesn't already own several Locke and Key slabs should buy this title hoping to make money - the market is already pretty saturated (a lot were done when Isanove came to the US for a signing). 2c

???

The last #1 CGC 9.9 copy that was up for public sale went for $240, the one before that for $199.

When NewEnglandGothic was selling off the last parts of his registry, he was blowing out non-key 9.9s for $30 and had to drop the price to $25 before they sold.

Apart from someone hitting a $250 BIN on a #1 CGC 9.8 yesterday (hmm ... I wonder why), 9.8s have been selling for $100-150 pretty steadily - in this day & age of freshly-released Image #1s hitting $100 straight off the bat, I wouldn't exactly call that "big $$$".

???

The last #1 CGC 9.9 copy that was up for public sale went for $240, the one before that for $199.

When NewEnglandGothic was selling off the last parts of his registry, he was blowing out non-key 9.9s for $30 and had to drop the price to $25 before they sold.

Apart from someone hitting a $250 BIN on a #1 CGC 9.8 yesterday (hmm ... I wonder why), 9.8s have been selling for $100-150 pretty steadily - in this day & age of freshly-released Image #1s hitting $100 straight off the bat, I wouldn't exactly call that "big $$$".

I didn't account for board sales, I only did ebay reverse search.

I can't disagree with anything you've said, but I'm kind of irritated I was not informed of a $30 9.9 slab sale. :sorry:

I don't even know what kind of benefit Wheaton gets from his website.

I just know its one of the greatest resources out there.

Agreed.

For the last several pages or so, Whetteon's post is the only post worth checking out.

Those hard covers are actually hard to keep from scratching...every copy I have seen has shallow scratches on it...invisible when you put a bag and board...but I think the way diamond ships them is responsible for this...

Why those titles? I tried to do a little research behind it before asking, but I can't find anything.

I now the Spider-Man Unlimited Vol. 2 #8 is the first comic writing by Joe Hill. Though I don't know why a Locke and Key show/movie would be good for that book. I own a few myself, but don't know if it will gain any momentum ever.

The Valiant gang should be happy about this. Back on the list of Comics to Watch is this particular issue:

X-O Manowar #1 Gold Variant @ $32+ & 10 bids.

These went for $100 out of the gate and this one just sold for less than $50. Is this the cooling off thread? :baiting:

Notice it's an auction and so prices aren't yet finalized. hm

When I wrote that, the auction had ended at the price of $43.

Whetteon - maybe some of these people think you know the original price for everything? Thus, the dumb comments.

I for one enjoy your informational posts, please keep 'em coming.

It's not a dumb comment to point out that books some people are posting as "heating up" are in fact, not heating up, but cooling down. This is the heating up thread after all.

In fact, the particular issue (X-O Manowar 1 GOLD) sold for $43, which is less than the "retail" price this comic sold for on DCBS when this comic was first released. I cannot remember if this was sold on DCBS for $100 or $150 originally.

I am honestly not understanding the issue here. If someone post misinformation, we should just ignore it? (shrug)

Edited by rjrjr

Whetteon - maybe some of these people think you know the original price for everything? Thus, the dumb comments.

I for one enjoy your informational posts, please keep 'em coming.

It's not a dumb comment to point out that books some people are posting as "heating up" are in fact, not heating up, but cooling down. This is the heating up thread after all.

In fact, the particular issue (X-O Manowar 1 GOLD) sold for $43, which is less than the "retail" price this comic sold for on DCBS when this comic was first released. I cannot remember if this was sold on DCBS for $100 or $150 originally.

I am honestly not understanding the issue here. If someone post misinformation, we should just ignore it? (shrug)

Anyone providing "informational posts" is fair game for comment I think and in all honesty "heating up" isn't necessarily restricted to original purchase price - it could be that a price is heating up based on what it sold for last month, last year etc...

I think the thing to keep in mind that the links to Lyria are active auctions, so it's basically a snapshot of the ACTIVE ebay marketplace (I assume he gets paid on click throughs to ebay like CGC does) so anyone researching & using his links shouldn't bother him in the least. The purpose is not to always identify items going to be setting new high prices, it also tracks things that aren't necessarily price related like "watchers" & "bids". It's probably more accurate to say that those posts relate more to tracking the level of interest in current auctions; some of it is self fulfilling since he's bringing more people to ebay to watch, bid or win auctions. If there's a book that interests you, look into it - I don't think he vets for low feedback, shill bids or any of the other shenanigans associated with ebay.

I think the website is cool, I do think there are some posts could be considered off topic but if you are looking for posts here that say "check your LCS or longboxes for this issue" I don't think his posts are intended to do that without each person doing their own research. I will say that jumping all over someone who questions why a certain link is not valid doesn't lead to good discussions about the books themselves - don't attack the guy questioning the infomercial because he's done some research, do your own research and counter his argument. If you can't then he's right. People spend too much time defending people personally when their data is questioned.

I simply look at these posts as useful spam that provides dealers & collectors with 'news' and links to a website that provides you the widgets/search tools to help you find specific live auctions.

Why those titles? I tried to do a little research behind it before asking, but I can't find anything.

I now the Spider-Man Unlimited Vol. 2 #8 is the first comic writing by Joe Hill. Though I don't know why a Locke and Key show/movie would be good for that book. I own a few myself, but don't know if it will gain any momentum ever.

It likely won't do much but if you collect Hill you kinda need it. You can never tell with first published works. Parts of a Hole, Solson's Christmas Special Samurai Santa, The Human Torch 70th Special , are just some examples that should be worth more whereas other creator firsts are highly valued. In this case not many people know it's Joe Hill's first pro work and that is working against the comic. Who knows? King's early comic work holds value, maybe the same will happen for Hill down the road. Personally if I love a creator's work I am going to track down everything he/she has done and i am sure there are a lot of collectors who do the same.