• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,857 posts in this topic

Don't forget most shops also sell on ebay which helps them clear overstock.

There will be a handful of retailers who will have ordered a couple of thousand copies of this book or more. As there are ways of selling off the overstock ;)

Peter Panzerfaust #11 1:20 variant, not every store ordered 20 copies so what do you think the print run was?. There can't be more than 600 or so of them out there

A lot. The suggested retail for the 1:20 variant was $39.99, so I took preorders on it. I had 200 copies last week for -$0.09 each. If I sell them for cover I'm looking at $700+. And not having a store it didn't cost me anything.

Infinity Gaunlet #1-6 @ $41 & 28 bids. Complete sets are hot on eBay.

Deadpool #11 8 bit Variant @ $12+ & 21 bids. Full disclosure - I have one up for sale on eBay as well. :P

Adventure Times #15 C2E2 Variant @ $20+ & 16 bids. Just heard on NPR radio that Adventure Time is the bomb. It's the new Sponge Bob or something. (shrug)

Superman Unchained #1 Golden Age Variant @ $16+ & 16 bids. Probably all those old farts on the Golden Age forums scooping this variant up! :baiting:;)

My Little Pony #6 Con Variant @ $50 & 3 bids (although it's really 1 bidder bidding three times).

Age of Ultron #10 Variant @ $49 & 5 bids. :o

Edited by whetteon

Deadpool #11 8 bit Variant @ $12+ & 21 bids. Full disclosure - I have one up for sale on eBay as well. :P

Adventure Times #15 C2E2 Variant @ $20+ & 16 bids. Just heard on NPR radio that Adventure Time is the bomb. It's the new Sponge Bob or something. (shrug)

Superman Unchained #1 Golden Age Variant @ $16+ & 16 bids. Probably all those old farts on the Golden Age forums scooping this variant up! :baiting:;)

My Little Pony #6 Con Variant @ $50 & 3 bids (although it's really 1 bidder bidding three times).

I passed on like 5-6 sets of Infinity Gauntlet yesterday for $30-35 each. I didn't know it was like that.

I passed on like 5-6 sets of Infinity Gauntlet yesterday for $30-35 each. I didn't know it was like that.

You were wise. They have a print run that might be in the millions.

I was talking with one of the lcs and they had a lot of the same 2 and 3 variants of Superman Unchained and a lot of blank variants of X-men 1. They told me they could order them direct because of how many other titles they order and not necessarily that particular issue.

You were wise. They have a print run that might be in the millions.

Na, not even close... I would guess 250-300K range... Now the Infinity War may have crested the million mark, but I would bet big that Infinity Gauntlet wasn't even close to breaking the million mark. Not even #1

Also @mrween

Wasn't the Hit-Monkey video game eventually passed on and turned into a Deadpool video game?

I don't really see any movement on Hit-Monkey (a character created by Daniel Way in the Deadpool Series). I'd love to see some, but i mean, did anyone else notice the HUGE price drop in Deadpool Volume 2 #48 from last year to now? $35 dollar drop! :(

Why #48? what's special about that issue?

Also @mrween

Wasn't the Hit-Monkey video game eventually passed on and turned into a Deadpool video game?

I don't really see any movement on Hit-Monkey (a character created by Daniel Way in the Deadpool Series). I'd love to see some, but i mean, did anyone else notice the HUGE price drop in Deadpool Volume 2 #48 from last year to now? $35 dollar drop! :(

Why #48? what's special about that issue?

No idea. It was selling for $50 last year.

Since nothing is heating up ATM and we're just talking about good reads I'll go :signofftopic: with another new title I thought was worthy of my cash. It's called Breathe of Bones: Tales of the Golem from Dark Horse. It's a 3 part mini so I doubt many here are interested but I'll be in for the rest of the ride with this one.

Ordered it. Will be getting it next Sunday (my comic guy delivers every 2 weeks).

GL 9 Variant is one of the few variant books that has never really lost any value and holds steady or in this case looks to be increasing. The ASM Venom book is the other off the top of my head.

Please don't ever mention Spider-Man 678 and how it's one of the only variants to retain value. As I mention ALWAYS, I learned about that issue the hard way.

:pullhair:doh!:sorry::facepalm:

haha

Now this ASM Tron Variant - so glad I fished it out of a box. $85?!

I remember feeling like an insufficiently_thoughtful_person for paying $8 for the thing when it came out!

:cloud9:

:o

Honestly, every couple months, THIS happens. I find out that some book I have is worth some bucks for some unknown reason. I had NO clue that this one was a big money one.

It's just sitting at home, with the rest of the TRON variants.

Mind you, I wouldn't sell, as it completes the collection.

I think the lesson on this that I'm learning is:

You can't go wrong with most Amazing Spider-Man variants.

I don't know why people care about superman unchained.

I think a strong argument could be made that it is a flop just based on the 1:300 variant not going for more than $280.

I'm make the comparison again - This title is another Before Watchmen.

I agree and its really not that rare. We'll all find out the print numbers next month but at 400,000 there are 1333 of the 1:300 variant, at 500,000 there are 1666. There are many variants out there right now with print runs of 500 so again its not that rare. 2c

That's not how it works with these large ratio variants - DC doesn't print up X copies of a 1:300 variant based on the total print run, it's based solely on how many stores actually order 300 copies of the regular issue.

If 3 stores all order 200 copies, none of them get a variant even though their combined order would be 600 copies.

I usually use the the "1,333" number to mean "at the MOST, there are 1,333" copies. But ya, very true on that. It could hypothetically be 295 in 9 out of 10 stores, making the total number 133 copies.

I think you'd be surprised how many shops are still on life support right now. I visited 3 shops last weds and all they had was the 1:50 and the !:25 variants and only one copy mind you.

Doesn't necessarily mean they are doing bad. One of the best shops here only gets up to 1:50's. (MAYBE 1:100 on occasion), but usually only 1:25's, but they're the oldest and most stable shop in town. Just depends on costs vs profit, business model, etc.

Peter Panzerfaust #11 1:20 variant, not every store ordered 20 copies so what do you think the print run was?. There can't be more than 600 or so of them out there

20 isn't really a lot to order for an incentive. And...print run on issue 11 is higher than you might think.

20 isn't really a lot to order for an incentive. And...print run on issue 11 is higher than you might think.

How many stores had #1-8 sitting there for weeks? But like I said this was a very smart buy that most shops probably made. I'll be giving a lot out as freebies to bump #12 sales.

I remember feeling like an insufficiently_thoughtful_person for paying $8 for the thing when it came out!

Honestly, every couple months, THIS happens. I find out that some book I have is worth some bucks for some unknown reason. I had NO clue that this one was a big money one.

The Thor 617 Tron Variant is the first appearance of Kid Loki and the new avengers 7 Tron has appearances by Deadpool, Groot and Squirrel Girl!

The Thor 617 Tron Variant is the first appearance of Kid Loki and the new avengers 7 Tron has appearances by Deadpool, Groot and Squirrel Girl!

Those Tron Marvel variants are awesome because they look cool, and they came out before the modern speculator boom took off, so they had small print runs that will make them tough to get.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur