• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

Why is Man of Steel #18 hot? Is it because people are assuming Doomsday will be in the movie?
Yes and because lurkers see there is a discussion about Doomsday in the 'copper thread'.

Looks like it is a newsstand copy as well with the UPC code which could also be fuelling the bidding.

Edited by kimik

I wonder if the variant of Last of Us: American Dreams #1 that came with the LE editions of the game will pick up. It's still sticking at 15 bucks in most auctions.

I think that's because the 1st print has only a 5,000 print run where as the LE version could have 10's of thousands if not a hundred thousand.

If that is so, then there should be a 15/1 ration of the LE edition comics compared to the normal edition, but it's almost the other way around. Puzzling.

I understand what you are saying but the comic had a direct route to market so that will be the case. In the long term I think it will correct itself. Something to take into account also is Sony could produce more of the LE at a later date, it's not uncommon in the games industry.

I'm curious as to your opinions regarding the quality of the print run on Dexter #1. The selection at my LCS was less than stellar. I'm new to this so maybe I'm harsh on my grading and maybe the 3 I have are 9.8 candidates. But the black at the top where the title is seems to be full of imperfections and the bottom left corner of them all seemed a little rough.

Again, I am completely new to this and I'm trying to learn. Maybe I'm just being overly perfectionist about this. I can try to snap some pictures later if it would help to assess. But Dexter was definitely beat up especially when compared to the other titles I chose to speculate on this week (Satellite Sam, Tec 22 and GFT Emerald City of Oz).

By the way, thanks a bunch to Larry and Jimmy Linguini for their recommendations. I'm trying to get into this game and without their guidance, I would be absolutely lost.

I'm curious as to your opinions regarding the quality of the print run on Dexter #1. The selection at my LCS was less than stellar. I'm new to this so maybe I'm harsh on my grading and maybe the 3 I have are 9.8 candidates. But the black at the top where the title is seems to be full of imperfections and the bottom left corner of them all seemed a little rough.

Again, I am completely new to this and I'm trying to learn. Maybe I'm just being overly perfectionist about this. I can try to snap some pictures later if it would help to assess. But Dexter was definitely beat up especially when compared to the other titles I chose to speculate on this week (Satellite Sam, Tec 22 and GFT Emerald City of Oz).

By the way, thanks a bunch to Larry and Jimmy Linguini for their recommendations. I'm trying to get into this game and without their guidance, I would be absolutely lost.

You are a little late but.. Buy what you like, don't over do it and have fun.

What am I late to? I'm not new to comics. I've been collecting for 2.5 years. I'm just new to the speculating and collecting aspect. I thought it would be fun. We shall see how it goes.

I wonder if the variant of Last of Us: American Dreams #1 that came with the LE editions of the game will pick up. It's still sticking at 15 bucks in most auctions.

Those auctions are "old" and none were particularly well listed, one picture with no stated condition. The people that have sold them so far don't really seem to know what they have, plus there is confusion over whether its the mini or full size.

While they likely produced far more of the variant cover, how many of those are going to be available on the secondary market? They only came with special editions of the game, people who spend the extra money for those usually do it because they want to keep the extra stuff the game came with. And if they do resell it, it would likely be for the whole package.

Why is Man of Steel #18 hot? Is it because people are assuming Doomsday will be in the movie?
Yes and because lurkers see there is a discussion about Doomsday in the 'copper thread'.

I was thinking the same thing! Gotta be.....I do not see any reason for that comic to be going up..

That book appears to be shilled which is sad because as a Scud fan I need that book and because I was hoping it was a real trend of sorts. But sadly it doesn't seem to be that way. (shrug)

I sold one of those variants 4-5 years ago for 175. It's pretty darn hard to find.

That book appears to be shilled which is sad because as a Scud fan I need that book and because I was hoping it was a real trend of sorts. But sadly it doesn't seem to be that way. (shrug)

I sold one of those variants 4-5 years ago for 175. It's pretty darn hard to find.

Tell me about it. :facepalm:

I don't think that auction was shilled. That incremental increase in bid's from the same seller is because he had a max bid that wasn't met by the competing bidder right away.

I was preaching to the choir in the other threads, but now's the time to get your YTLM #1's before they go up another 10-15% next year.

That Double Feature comic is worth it too.

The 2 copies of Dexter #1 I scooped up today in between my shifts were both 9.8's. The rest all looked pretty good as well. I have some more coming on pre-order from TFAW, but got the two from my LCS because I don't rely on anybody to send me 9.8 candidates that way. I just hope they don't get damaged on the way.

X-files Season 10 #1 Variants are hot. B/W Hastings variants are in the $11-$15 range. Ufo Photo variant is anywhere between $30-$70

I don't normally do variants, but I'm definitely looking at getting a couple of the 3rd Eye variants. They have that cool carny poster look.

I have several of the Third Eye variants if you are interested. I am new to the boards but not new to selling on eBay and would be willing to set up a buy it now auction on the X-files variant if you are interested. 600 + positive feedbacks 100% positive rating.

What am I late to? I'm not new to comics. I've been collecting for 2.5 years. I'm just new to the speculating and collecting aspect. I thought it would be fun. We shall see how it goes.

What I think was meant is that the speculation bubble is ending/bursting. This thread is riddled with books that uttlerly failed as well as many successes. What you don't hear about are the failures. Keep that in mind and it will help you greatly.

Buying what you like ensures that even if the book is a commercial failure you supported a book that you liked and wanted to succeed.

Knowing the difference between someone on here pumping up a book that they are heavily invested in and a book they really like/love can be very important. This is something many still struggle to understand here.

Edited by Fastballspecial