• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

I was just burned $80 for not shipping with tracking. :sorry:

Ya, I'll never do that again.

Bought a Marvel Legends Cable for $6, sold it for $80 to a guy in San Jose or L.A.

Claimed he "never got it", so I was out an $80 item, PLUS had to refund him $80.

PayPal won't accept the receipts and shipping info from the post office either to prove it was sent. No matter how much proof you have, even if it's out of your hands, you still have to make sure it gets there.

I'm not sure it that's true, I sold a poster to france last year, guy claims he never got it. I talked to PP and they had me fax over usps receipt. Eventually i was refunded plus the cost of my shipping and the poster tube i bought from them too! Also these days the tracking is printed right on the receipt so they should accept it.

I was just burned $80 for not shipping with tracking. :sorry:

Ya, I'll never do that again.

Bought a Marvel Legends Cable for $6, sold it for $80 to a guy in San Jose or L.A.

Claimed he "never got it", so I was out an $80 item, PLUS had to refund him $80.

PayPal won't accept the receipts and shipping info from the post office either to prove it was sent. No matter how much proof you have, even if it's out of your hands, you still have to make sure it gets there.

I'm not sure it that's true, I sold a poster to france last year, guy claims he never got it. I talked to PP and they had me fax over usps receipt. Eventually i was refunded plus the cost of my shipping and the poster tube i bought from them too! Also these days the tracking is printed right on the receipt so they should accept it.

Hmmmm. I don't know, this was like 5 years ago, but like I submitted a bunch of stuff, and PayPal basically told me that if you can't prove that it made it to the seller, then you owe them.

And I guess, it's up to you to get a refund from Canada Post/USPS, UPS/Fedex, etc. if your tracked package doesn't make it, that you can then forward on to the buyer/refund yourself after having refunded the buyer.

Plus canada post is garbage! I have had packages tracked for Australia and the buyers (this has happened more than once) said they never got the package! And Canada Post tracking to Australia never shows ANYTHING.

Thats why I won't ship to Australia. Those guys say they don't get the package, and Canada Post makes it so you can't prove either way.

Normal shipping with no tracking, no signature is going to be a lot cheaper. Probably $10 or so, but ya, to cover your butt, it's going to be at least $18. And ya, more if it's packed well.

Actually from canada, I ship using the 'document rate'. It has to be under 200 grams which is just about right for a comic in a current sized bag and back and well secured cardboard. That's 4-5 bucks making it competitive...

FedEx and UPS. :mad: And same to those jackwads at FedEx.

I love USPS. :cloud9:

+10000

to UPS

"So you only deliver during the day, when EVERYONE works??

Si.

"and you make 3 delivery attempts within 7 days, and if you can't deliver, you ship right back to the sender?"

Si.

"and you only have one pick-up outlet, that's 30 min away from most parts of the city?"

Si.

Ya, around Christmas I left that outlet, and (not intentially), busted the window on the door as I left in anger.

WORST. SYSTEM. EVER. (if it's not business shipping).

I once got a post card from Canada Post saying they could not deliver my package because they couldn't find my address....

FedEx and UPS. :mad: And same to those jackwads at FedEx.

I love USPS. :cloud9:

+10000

to UPS

"So you only deliver during the day, when EVERYONE works??

Si.

"and you make 3 delivery attempts within 7 days, and if you can't deliver, you ship right back to the sender?"

Si.

"and you only have one pick-up outlet, that's 30 min away from most parts of the city?"

Si.

Ya, around Christmas I left that outlet, and (not intentially), busted the window on the door as I left in anger.

WORST. SYSTEM. EVER. (if it's not business shipping).

I once got a post card from Canada Post saying they could not deliver my package because they couldn't find my address....

That`s hilarious!

lol

Hmmmm. I don't know, this was like 5 years ago, but like I submitted a bunch of stuff, and PayPal basically told me that if you can't prove that it made it to the seller, then you owe them.

And I guess, it's up to you to get a refund from Canada Post/USPS, UPS/Fedex, etc. if your tracked package doesn't make it, that you can then forward on to the buyer/refund yourself after having refunded the buyer.

So basically you're talking outcha cornhole. Got it.

So basically you're talking outcha cornhole. Got it.

No, that IS what happened.

Have the rules and policies changed drastically in the last few years?

Edited by Dukes40

my LCS wants 400 for a spidey 700 signed by the man...so that's a 20 dollar book plus a $60 dollar signature = 400....anyone got a calculator?

Fixed it for you, but I get your point.

If collectors weren't OCD, then they probably wouldn't be collectors....

next week seems pretty slow....

'It Came' from Titan Comics is worth a serious look....a mystery theatre 3000 ish comic. Probably a tiny print run.....In general titan comics is doing well in the secondary market...who knew?

I've gotten some requests for 'activity' which I though was pretty much dead....special forces but in the boring 'reality' manner.....

Clone's still doing pretty well, I think due to the show being just around the corner, and it's higher then average potential to being made....

next week seems pretty slow....

'It Came' from Titan Comics is worth a serious look....a mystery theatre 3000 ish comic. Probably a tiny print run.....In general titan comics is doing well in the secondary market...who knew?

I've gotten some requests for 'activity' which I though was pretty much dead....special forces but in the boring 'reality' manner.....

Clone's still doing pretty well, I think due to the show being just around the corner, and it's higher then average potential to being made....

i wish my LCS picked that up because i was really looking forward to reading it :/

That sale seems to be a fluke, though. There is another set listed currently for only $15 and plenty of solo issues available for relatively cheap.

That sale seems to be a fluke, though. There is another set listed currently for only $15 and plenty of solo issues available for relatively cheap.

It wasn't a fluke because there were several sales in-and-around that price. In my defense I did say 'there were some sales', or I could have continued the debate on USPS vs Canada Post.

Auction versus BIN also makes a difference.

This books been around for a long time. I didnt like it when it came out, but I sold quite a few of them years back. You can tell who hasnt been around too long selling/buying moderns if they dont recognize this book. It was a Wizard Hot book years ago when Wizard thought they knew it all. Now I am amazed it still sells well. Even multiple bids on auctions tells you there is interest.

Auction versus BIN also makes a difference.

This books been around for a long time. I didnt like it when it came out, but I sold quite a few of them years back. You can tell who hasnt been around too long selling/buying moderns if they dont recognize this book. It was a Wizard Hot book years ago when Wizard thought they knew it all. Now I am amazed it still sells well. Even multiple bids on auctions tells you there is interest.

I miss Wizard's Hot Lists and Top 10s. It was extremely Valiant heavy in the beginning. I don't know whether they drove the market or followed it closely but they were pretty right about what was and was going to be hot.

Edited by The Authority