• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

so Joker's Daughter is going bonkers on ebay......not seeing the logic of Catwoman 23 not gaining a ton of heat.

I've been thinking the same thing. Catwoman 23 is bringing 2 to 3 times cover. Not to shabby for a fairly new book. I think these 2will get closer to each other in price as time goes by. I'm not sure if that means 23 goes up or 3D comes down or both.

[quote=The Authority

Just Mythopolis 1. Aside from that I only pre-ordered Zero and Kiss Me Satan.

Kiss me Satan was a letdown. Werewolves in New Orleans. Got Blood?

Only sale on ebay was above cover!

I stopped reading moderns for the most part, got a oddball Ditko thing going on right now.

And there are BINs for $16.99 with free shipping. :roflmao:

I think people search by best match on EBAY and not lowest price.

+1 That must be it. I have several lower BINs that are getting passed up. Can't be a feedback issue...100% with close to 1k sales. (shrug)

Could also be people bidding by phone, not able to easily check other listings, especially at the last minutes when the eBay app alerts them to the final 15 minutes. I know I've done that once or twice myself while away from home somewhere. Though I know about what they should go for, so I don't end up going too far over the BINs.

+1 That must be it. I have several lower BINs that are getting passed up. Can't be a feedback issue...100% with close to 1k sales. (shrug)

It makes no sense whatsoever. Auctions are like rolling the dice because many buyers are uniformed or uneducated when it comes to getting their best deal IMHO.

It makes no sense whatsoever. Auctions are like rolling the dice because many buyers are uniformed or uneducated when it comes to getting their best deal IMHO.

they also might be collectors. we, the boards, are dealers and buy low, always, and sell high, always. collectors pay what they want, price does not matter to collectors.

Could also be people bidding by phone, not able to easily check other listings, especially at the last minutes when the eBay app alerts them to the final 15 minutes. I know I've done that once or twice myself while away from home somewhere. Though I know about what they should go for, so I don't end up going too far over the BINs.

I hadn't thought of that.

they also might be collectors. we, the boards, are dealers and buy low, always, and sell high, always. collectors pay what they want, price does not matter to collectors.

That's a very good point. I sometimes assume that everybody thinks like we do and then you guys set me straight. My brother pays stupid money for old boxing stuff with very little research because he wants it when he sees it and he can afford it.

Sales in general, hasn't been very good on eBay. The economy isn't anywhere close to robust as many is led to believe. People are very cautious about spending. Just an opinion

not for me...things have really picked up lately...50 percent better?

Me either my problem is finding time to pack up sales and time to list more.

Diversity.....

I agree. I have thousands of comics to list on eBay but can't seem to get past the 1,300 mark. Not enough hours in the day.....

I can usually handle about 5 in a day before I get bored and want to go do something else.

+1 same problem I have. It does get redundant after awhile.

Sales in general, hasn't been very good on eBay. The economy isn't anywhere close to robust as many is led to believe. People are very cautious about spending. Just an opinion

not for me...things have really picked up lately...50 percent better?

Me either my problem is finding time to pack up sales and time to list more.

Diversity.....

I agree. I have thousands of comics to list on eBay but can't seem to get past the 1,300 mark. Not enough hours in the day.....

I can usually handle about 5 in a day before I get bored and want to go do something else.

+1 same problem I have. It does get redundant after awhile.

Its called GETTING HIGH.

Jesus, some people just don't understand the Comic Book Rain Man.

Super-villain month is definitely the hot thing right now, but I'm very skeptical about whether there will be any long term value. Within a few months I think these books will drop like rocks other than maybe Joker's daughter appearances, but in the meantime they have been great for the quick-flip.

I guess I don't get the hype around 'joker's daughter appearance' The first appearance is in catwoman 23....and it's not a cameo........

This is like batman adventures 12 and harley quinn Ross cover...you know which one I mean...

But at 60 bucks? I'd so trade one of these for the Ross cover of harley Quinn.....