• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

Dug a little, found this on the investcomics website: http://investcomics.com/weekly-hot-picks/investcomics-hot-picks-295

Although Superior Spider-Man (2012) Annual #1 might be sold out by the next new comic book day, it still has that “Annual” stigma attached to it. The Marvel solict says “this one counts!” Even they realize the stigma attached. It’s far and few between that any comic book annuals make an impact on the hobby. They do exist, but not on a level of any expectations that collectors clamor for. In the Superior Spider-Man annual #1 though, we see the return of Blackout. The Blackout villain first appeared in Nova #19 (1978). Will the debut of Blackout be a draw? Most likely no, but the Nova character on the other hand………buy Nova. Yes, buy Nova.

I don't really see Blackout ever becoming a huge character, but...

Invest comics is the worst website. They claim to know the right books to invest in, but then ask for a donation to run the website. And then Hoknes comics came on here the other day trying to blow up his site and that site, but look at his eBay and nothing sells ever.

If you're making so much money buying and selling comic books, then why do you need to ask for donations?

Anyone know why Nova Vol 1 #19 is being talked about on the blogs and getting bid up and sold on ebay?

Because the issue and Blackout ROCK! lol

Seriously, that does put a little smile on my face because that issue is a sentimental childhood favorite of mine.

Loved the character in Avengers years ago, but wow what a stretch lately.

Anyone know why Nova Vol 1 #19 is being talked about on the blogs and getting bid up and sold on ebay?

Because the issue and Blackout ROCK! lol

Seriously, that does put a little smile on my face because that issue is a sentimental childhood favorite of mine.

Loved the character in Avengers years ago, but wow what a stretch lately.

I've actually only seen Blackout in that one Nova issue. Now I'm curious to read his other appearances! hm

I don't rally see a reason for Blackout's first appearance should gain heat. Might want to ask this question to the Bronze section, since it's a bronze book.

Maybe bloggers came across a stash they are trying to get rid of.

:roflmao: I just bought a large collection of bronze and copper ( no major keys) but some of it is dealer backstock and I thought hmmm, how could I start a speculator craze for Doctor Strange #18? Nova 19 works too though because I have a lot of those also lol

:whistle:

Invest comics is the worst website. They claim to know the right books to invest in, but then ask for a donation to run the website. And then Hoknes comics came on here the other day trying to blow up his site and that site, but look at his eBay and nothing sells ever.

If you're making so much money buying and selling comic books, then why do you need to ask for donations?

Hoknes got smashed on here the other day but his work is a decent tool. Donations? Who gives a fk? Same goes for his Ebay, you should just appreciate his effort and the time he puts in. So the guy screwed up and spammed the mess out of these boards. It doesn't make his research any less important.

Edited by MrWeen

Hoknes got smashed on here the other day but his work is a decent tool. Donations? Who gives a fk? Same goes for his Ebay, you should just appreciate his effort nd the time he puts in. So the guy screwed up and spammed the mess out of these boards. It doesn't make his research any less important.

Agree. Cut him some slack.

Agree or disagree with the suggestions, it's always good to hear different opinions.

Hoknes got smashed on here the other day but his work is a decent tool. Donations? Who gives a fk? Same goes for his Ebay, you should just appreciate his effort and the time he puts in. So the guy screwed up and spammed the mess out of these boards. It doesn't make his research any less important.

Which post was Hoknes 1st appearance? :whistle:

1st full appearance or cameo?

1st full appearance or cameo?

Much like Invincible he first appeared in a recent edition of this publication.

882645_zps972d8106.jpg

Edited by MrWeen

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=90391

Sleeper from Dc/Wildstorm being developed by Affleck/Damon. And the race is off for both volumes of Sleeper and Point Blank!

WTTB !!

Thanks for the heads up. This is a series worth owning with a movie or not but with the Good Will Hunting guys behind it, I'm pumped :grin:

There was another announcement that kind of flew under the radar which looks significant to me.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/11/20/michael-chiklis-developing-tv-series-based-on-his-comic-book-pantheon/

which I believe led to this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pantheon-1-CGC-10-0-SIGNED-X2-Michael-Chiklis-Marc-Andreyko-/151171726629?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2332897d25

I like the odds due to Chiklis being involved. He has a built in following from the Shield and Fantastic Four. He also starred in No Ordinary Family, a TV copy of the Fantastic Four lol