• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

Action Comics #1 & Detective Comics #27 reprints have been pretty trendy lately. These copies have 39 watchers and are already @ $31. I suppose when you can't afford the original, get a kick reprint to hang on the wall and impress your friends. (thumbs u Edited by whetteon

Cryptozoic Man #1 Baltimore Comic Con var. Signed by all 4 Comic Book Men at $100 with 2 hours left.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261362418227?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I have 2 of these on their way to me right now. :banana:

Ended at $102.50.

Congrats :applause:

I hope you make a killing on yours.

I need to clarify this. The ones I have coming are the Third Eye variants signed by the 4 "Comic Men".

Strange Tales 180 is exploding last few days for some reason. Last 2 sales have been ridiculous. Not a modern, but it fits here.

Wow ! That is quite the jump. I guess that covers all the GotG first appearances ? You never know, Pip and Moondragon could make a guest appearance lol

Cryptozoic Man #1 Baltimore Comic Con var. Signed by all 4 Comic Book Men at $100 with 2 hours left.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261362418227?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

High Bidder, Bid activity (%) with this seller: 100%

So? There are 3 different bidders who bid $80.00 or higher and the other $100.00 bidder has bid with 11 different sellers in the past 30 days.

That always makes me suspicious, but in looking at previous sales, it's not unheard of for this horrible book to sell that high.

I've had no problem selling them either. Sold every one I had, and I had lots of them.

As the Beastie Boys Learned me Year ago: One Man's Ceiling is Another Man's Floor..

W3RD

And now if you'll excuse me, I'm preparing for a

Beastie Boys :applause: (thumbs u :headbang::banana::sumo::cloud9:(worship):golfclap::whee:

MCA R.I.P. :sorry:

What in the hell is going on with Man of Steel #17??

Did the market suddenly decide they prefer that to #18?

Or are the market buyers too dumb to know the difference.

Apparently so. doh!

Strange Tales 180 is exploding last few days for some reason. Last 2 sales have been ridiculous. Not a modern, but it fits here.

Wow ! That is quite the jump. I guess that covers all the GotG first appearances ? You never know, Pip and Moondragon could make a guest appearance lol

GoTG is gonna push a ton of books through the roof for the next 6-12 months. Guess it's time to get on the train and sell. I think after the movie, a lot of books are gonna fall hard.

IMHO

Apparently so. doh!

I have a few 18's and actually pulled a few 17's the other day out of my LCS's dollar bins. Am I missing something? :shrug:

Apparently so. doh!

I have a few 18's and actually pulled a few 17's the other day out of my LCS's dollar bins. Am I missing something? :shrug:

From day one MoS #17 has always been the more valuable book due to its much lower print run. Nothing has really changed. You can check the recent debates on the issue:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6818071#Post6818071

The print run was enormous on all of these books and everybody thought these were collector's items. I was living in Houston when these came out and they took up huge sections of the of the wall. I can see demand being high but not higher than it was back then and I'm betting over 90% of these are pristine still today. I think #18 is the book to have but I think both are too heavily available to have lasting value due to the fact that he came back. lol

There may not have been as many of these as Spawn #1s on the shelf but it was extremely close.

I loved living in Indianapolis and I've lived in Houston and Corpus Christi in Texas all were job transfers . While in the Army I lived in Maryland, Kentucky, and Oklahoma. I was gone from here for about 9 years but Southern Indiana and Northwestern Kentucky are where I call home and I love it here. If you don't like the weather, wait 15 minutes... lol

I live in Maryland right outside of Fort Meade, (non-military), where in Md were you?

I had about 15 copies signed by all four cast members, plus about another 15-20 unsigned that we're just left at the table after they split. Larry told me to hold them but I was getting $20 signed and $10 unsigned the weekend after Baltimore Comic con, I sold through them faster than I should have.

I lived on post at Aberdeen Proving Grounds when I was in AIT for about 6 months. Really beautiful up there. I was able to visit NYC, Philly, Connecticut, and I spent a ton of time in Baltimore at a place called Hammerjacks. lol

I haven't had a drink in more than twenty years because Baltimore and places like it almost did new in. lol

I ran around everywhere up there and used to go check out a lighthouse in Havre de Grace, home of the Ripkens. I also loved the harbor. Very, very good memories. (thumbs u

I know Hammerjacks very well. Best rock club in Baltimore.

I loved living in Indianapolis and I've lived in Houston and Corpus Christi in Texas all were job transfers . While in the Army I lived in Maryland, Kentucky, and Oklahoma. I was gone from here for about 9 years but Southern Indiana and Northwestern Kentucky are where I call home and I love it here. If you don't like the weather, wait 15 minutes... lol

I live in Maryland right outside of Fort Meade, (non-military), where in Md were you?

I had about 15 copies signed by all four cast members, plus about another 15-20 unsigned that we're just left at the table after they split. Larry told me to hold them but I was getting $20 signed and $10 unsigned the weekend after Baltimore Comic con, I sold through them faster than I should have.

I lived on post at Aberdeen Proving Grounds when I was in AIT for about 6 months. Really beautiful up there. I was able to visit NYC, Philly, Connecticut, and I spent a ton of time in Baltimore at a place called Hammerjacks. lol

I haven't had a drink in more than twenty years because Baltimore and places like it almost did new in. lol

I ran around everywhere up there and used to go check out a lighthouse in Havre de Grace, home of the Ripkens. I also loved the harbor. Very, very good memories. (thumbs u

I know Hammerjacks very well. Best rock club in Baltimore.

It was probably the best rock club I ever went to personally. I saw the Kix, Tesla, and Lita Ford there but they sometimes had the mega bands like GnR, Poison, Skid Row and the like. It was THE place back then. Great times even with a shaved head. Err, shaved heads were NOT in style back then and limited to military and bald guys only. lol

GoTG is gonna push a ton of books through the roof for the next 6-12 months. Guess it's time to get on the train and sell. I think after the movie, a lot of books are gonna fall hard.

IMHO

I'm happy to hear this! I have 3 9.8 candidates being graded as we speak!