• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

Be on the look out for Batman 28 tomorrow.. Steampunk Variant especially

+100000

Just got done reading it via the IPad app and without spoiling too much forget 7 this is going to be the real "first appearance" issue to care about regarding Harper Rowe. CGC doesn't even give 7 any notes indicating first app of Harper anyways.

PS she's not the new 'robin' guys....

Edited by Symbiotic

Be on the look out for Batman 28 tomorrow.. Steampunk Variant especially

+100000

Just got done reading it via the IPad app and without spoiling too much forget 7 this is going to be the real "first appearance" issue to care about regarding Harper Rowe. CGC doesn't even give 7 any notes indicating first app of Harper anyways.

PS she's not the new 'robin' guys....

#7 will be the key.

First is first.

She's EXACTLY what Robin became...

No. I said the panels that show the team formation lead directly into that splash of the new team. If that splash was just an advertisement and the epilogue had nothing to do with the 2008 GOTG then I would agree with you.

The combination of those panels, Warlock's comments and an actual splash of the team = first appearance.

What you saying sound rather convoulted for a first appearance. I believe the below is the page u r referring to? Doesn't look like a first appearance to me. They are not even together!

Relative to this, GOTG#1 is just more obvious. Cover appearance, team uniforms and even a name. What else do you need for a first appearance?

11726613115_6cf597200f_z.jpg

Edited by aaronc

No. I said the panels that show the team formation lead directly into that splash of the new team. If that splash was just an advertisement and the epilogue had nothing to do with the 2008 GOTG then I would agree with you.

The combination of those panels, Warlock's comments and an actual splash of the team = first appearance.

What you saying sound rather convoulted for a first appearance. I believe the below is the page u r referring to? Doesn't look like a first appearance to me. They are not even together!

Relative to this, GOTG#1 is just more obvious. Cover appearance, team uniforms and even a name. What else do you need for a first appearance?

11726613115_6cf597200f_z.jpg

You forgot to post the splash of the GOTG team that comes right after.

Alias for what it was brillant at the time. I re-read 1 the other day and I still like it. I like it more today then I did back then prolly because I hated Bendis back then.

Its going to be the easiest to make a TV show in my opinion because it doesnt need as much and can be easiest to relate to I think.

Speaking of Alias heating up . . . . linky-dink :grin:

That's a good read.

Nice sale, rabnuD. (thumbs u

It was a best offer acceptance right? so we still dunno how much it went for....I just raised my price but they all passed me over and I have one for 17.99

$70

Just go to the main page of the listing and click "print" and it will show you the offer price.

Somebody's hitting the pipe pretty hard today...

1-

220px-Winners_Dont_Use_Drugs.png

2- ???You clearly haven't watched the show then, or aren't observant. I love it, but you could tell that they were stretching their limits during The Battle of Blackwater bay, specifically when they're in front of the Mud Gate.

3- I see you refrained from making fun of my psychiatric disorder. (thumbs u

I kind of wish it was The Massive instead. I think that story has the most potential for massive success. Modern day pirates, environmental disaster, adventure.

Don't count it out yet seems like there is a announcement every day. lol

(thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u

Oh yeahhh...I pick up any of those Grampas I see.

I came across one when it was first released, and it was bent in half. :eek:

I'll keep :wishluck: for you.

I only have one very small little wish. A year or 2 from now, they give East of West the Game of Thrones/The Tudors/Deadwood HBO treatment. :devil:

Networks have made tremendous strides in recent years and the quality of their shows has increased exponentially. Take a look at TWD, Sleepy Hollow, Revolution, Black Sails, etc. and you get the idea. I don't know stories like EOW and Saga would appeal to a lot of people but they are no farther out than Game of Thrones imo.

It's pretty funny, though, in Game of Thrones (just finished Season 2), like the "big" battle scenes, how you can still tell it's a TV show because they keep the filming VERY tight, don't pan out. You can tell it's still a limited budget, limited scope, and that they kind of hit the wall in terms of what they can do.

I know you don't get the Braveheart, Kingdom of Heaven, or even King Arthur with Clive Owen type battle scenes but the story is still wonderfully bittersweet. I can't wait for seson 3.

O ya, I LOVE the show, and wouldn't want it to be like that, or expect it. It's just I noticed in the Battle of Blackwater Bay , when they're fighting in front of the Mud Gate, that you could really tell that they were purposefully not showing the full picture/keeping things close-up, etc. Just the first time in the show, really, that it was like "okay, it's an amazing show, but they're still working within TV restrictions.

And an impressive run of 9 posts in a row ...

Hahaha. :)

Ya, like I've said before, the way I do this thread is I read from where I left off, and comment as I'm reading. So that's why all my posts are clustered. Is this bad board edicate? I LITERALLY have no clue if it is. I hope it's not annoying or boring annyone. (shrug)

Raw copies of preacher are fetching $300, damn!

Is that pot smoke your blowing up my skirt?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321315506125?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

So much shill it makes me ill

For sure. It looks like more than one account that was bidding is a shill.

That book just isn't at that level yet. I'm seeing them sell for up to $225 though, which is insane.

Also, re: Batman #28, look for Batman #7 to start gaining more traction...

Detective Comics 647 too.

This is the first Spoiler issue, right?

Isn't she supposed to be in Batman Eternal?

Yep, and who's to say Spoiler isn't in Bats #28, to tell you would be a Spoiler. Bats #28 is gonna be hawt.

Anything with Rocket Raccoon on it will be HAWT! The kids are gonna love that little critter.

I'm just praying they don't make him hokey like Jar-Jar...

Nothing in our lifetime will ever be as hokey as Jar-Jar, EVAR!!!!

Not sure if these guys win... but they came damn close to Jar-Jar....

trans_skidsmudflap.jpg

Man, the theatre I saw that in had an "If you don't love this, we'll give you your money back" promotion. There's not that many movies I would do that for, and I'm not one to just take the refund to get something for free. But man, the movie was THAT awful. The worst part was those characters weren't nearly the worst part of the movie.

These are just the issues I bought originally and sold to my buddy. He's in the middle of a move, so he sold them back to me at a good price. Luckily, Kevin Eastman was cool enough to sign the first 6 issues and draw a little turtle on them.

Anyone have any clue what kind of extra value that would add?

I think signing a comic adds about 5-10 dollars from someone famous like eastmen or hotish...but that can all depend, I got something chadwick signed and I don't think it'll bring 5 bucks, on the other hand I got Wiebi to sign some stuff and it goes up about 5 bucks? The little sketch is known as a 'remark' and it can add an equal amount to the signature 5-10 I would guess....having a full set of something gives you an easier sell and means you can ask for a little more...

I'd try for 125 and titrate the price down...

But is their proof??? Only reason I would get something signed (not as a CGC submission) is for my own personal collection.

Also, re: Batman #28, look for Batman #7 to start gaining more traction...

Detective Comics 647 too.

This is the first Spoiler issue, right?

Isn't she supposed to be in Batman Eternal?

Yep, and who's to say Spoiler isn't in Bats #28, to tell you would be a Spoiler. Bats #28 is gonna be hawt.

Are you saying that maybe...

Spoiler is the new Robin?