• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

Wow :o

Any idea how many of these are out there ? There aren't many available from what I can see.

Tempted to list my copy now or maybe just get it slabbed at Wizardworld next month then flip it.

Thought for sure there'd be a flood of 'em on ebay, like to know how low the print run was

Edited by Lonzilla

Any idea how many of these are out there ? There aren't many available from what I can see.

5930 from CC, I think most issues are around (or slightly below) the 5k mark. 5k seems to be the 'speculative' number, haha.

Thanks and I love the pun. (thumbs u

Tempted to list my copy now or maybe just get it slabbed at Wizardworld next month then flip it.

Thought for sure there'd be a flood of 'em on ebay, like to know how low the print run was

wasn't issue 0 his 1st appearance?

Dont Sleep on the Amazing Spider-man Hastings Sketch.

1500 Print Run makes it more Rare than the 1:300 Sketch.

Prices are cheap on ebay and this is a steal until people realize that its the lowest printed Variant.

Prices should be around the 1:300 sketch.

1500 print run puts it at 1:450 or so.

Good Luck !

I just checked and the first ASM #1 color variant is still available at the Hasting website for $6.99 + S&H. Additionally, it looks like they have the ASM #1 sketch black and white variant (the issue that is limited to 1500 copies) which you can pre-order for $14.99 + S&H.

Edited by rjrjr

I just checked and the first ASM #1 color variant is still available at the Hasting website for $6.99 + S&H. Additionally, it looks like they have the ASM #1 sketch black and white variant (the issue that is limited to 1500 copies) which you can pre-order for $14.99 + S&H.

The black and white variant says "out of stock".

It's been out of stock for several days.

Prices are cheap on ebay and this is a steal until people realize that its the lowest printed Variant.

Good Luck !

The B&W hastings variant is a really nice cover too. It's definitely overlooked at the moment.

Ok quick question then if the Hastings sketch is 1500 and more rare than the 1:300 then won't the amazing spiderman #1 Adi Granov sketch cover just be as rare? That's only meant to have 1500 print run as well

The Black and White Hastings Variant isn't available on the Hastings Website anymore they Pre-Sold them on their Website last week and they Sold Out within hours of it being listed.

My Local Hasting would only hold 1 of these Variants for me when I called them yesterday to ask if they would hold 3 of them for me. The only reason they were willing to hold 1 for me is because that's where I have my pulled list set up. If I didn't have a subscription with them they wouldn't have held 1 for me.

Also some of the People at Hastings told me that they Pre-Sold 1,000 of them online and then they divided the remaining 500 copies up among their 90 stores.

Most of the stores only got 3-6 copies with the larger stores getting up to 15 copies my Local Hasting is one of the larger Stores and they got 13 copies.

There's 5 Hastings within 75 miles of me and I called them all to see if they had any available for sale and 4 of the stores told me that one person came in when they opened this morning and bought all the copies they had available for sale.

Today was the first day they were supposed to be available for sale in their stores as they wanted to save them for the Free Comic Book Day Event.

Yeah sold out at the 2 near me, I got there 5 minutes after open and they had none... Heard a few people ask about it while I was browsing the other comics.... It's sure to be a hot book

Also based on my past experience with Hastings online the people who ordered will get books with no bag & board and shipped in an over sized box with no packing, I have sworn off ordering from them again it is unbelievable how they ship some things.

Good Luck !

I'm very happy to hear this as I was lucky enough to grab a copy this morning. The cover is very simple yet attractive.

This amazing spider-man 1500 print run thing is the biggest joke of 2014.

Marvel doubled all retailer variant orders so they could have higher projected print runs. There are no 1500 retailer print runs - just 3000 and 6000.

Marvel doubled all retailer variant orders so they could have higher projected print runs. There are no 1500 retailer print runs - just 3000 and 6000.

Exactly.

Exactly.

Agreed as it's now online for sale at hastings website

Exactly.

Agreed as it's now online for sale at hastings website

What is weird is I saw it for sale yesterday morning too, but the status was "pre-order". But when I checked in the afternoon, it showed "sold out".

I just checked and now it is "Usually ships within 24 hours" and available.

This reminds me of when they had the Star Wars 1 about a year and a half ago. I order 2 when I first heard about the Hastings exclusive and within days it was sold out. A week or two later, I went back to the site and they were available again, so I ordered 2 more.

Very strange.

Edited by rjrjr