• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,836 posts in this topic

I honestly think the print run for Outcasts will be insane, that unless they have an RRP the value will be similar to what happen when Haunt #1 came out. Just feel like Kirkman reminds me how popular Bendis was a few years back, and eventually a new writer will come around that will steal the spotlight from him.

I will buy one or two, but only to read, as any long term gain will be up in the air.

Can't you still order the book at 40% off cover in presale?

East of West #1 first prints sells for how much again?

You work at a LCS, it wouldn't be cheaper to buy through them than DCBS? (I have no idea what DCBS charges for shipping to Canada, have never used the service).

If you order enough books, you can convince any local comic book store to give you a 40% off discount. Obviously I recommend that over DCBS. I have a separate diamond account from the store I work at but thats a different thing.

you can get over $8 each for EoW #1s from My Comicshop and they'll buy all you have.

Yep. It's gone from way overhyped to great story to picking up a few readers. I know the print run is going down but there seems to be more chatter about this book on other sites though a lot less than previous on this one excluding us diehards. lol

Garf and a few others called it on this one.

actually that's for 9.4..9.6 is $10+ ea....going to send a few in and see what happens.

you can get over $8 each for EoW #1s from My Comicshop and they'll buy all you have.

Yep. It's gone from way overhyped to great story to picking up a few readers. I know the print run is going down but there seems to be more chatter about this book on other sites though a lot less than previous on this one excluding us diehards. lol

actually that's for 9.4..9.6 is $10+ ea....going to send a few in and see what happens.

Let us know how they grade. I buy lots of stuff from them and when they say NM its NM but I've never purchased anything they've had advertised above NM

Let us know how they grade. I buy lots of stuff from them and when they say NM its NM but I've never purchased anything they've had advertised above NM

You'll be surprised when they evaluate your NM and NM+ copies. If you are really send in, please update the results. My NM/NM+ never matched with their NM/NM+ on books over $5 (modern).

You'll be surprised when they evaluate your NM and NM+ copies. If you are really send in, please update the results. My NM/NM+ never matched with their NM/NM+ on books over $5 (modern).

What are you saying?

That when you buy from them, you may or may not get NM+ books for their NM+ price, but when you sell them your NM+ books, they won't appraise them as NM+

-slym

MCS has been the same for over a decade.

They are tight graders on anything valued over $10. Ive gotten CGC 9.6's from their 8.5's. Ive also sold them surefire CGC 9.6's raw and they have graded them 8.0-9.0, which is actually quite consistant.

Its their under $8 books that only have letter grades and no numeric grade assigned where it gets.... random. Ive bought $4 NM's that have come to me as 9.8's and ive purchased $4 NM's that have come to me as fines. They are inconsistant in this iventory type.. I imagine a lot of it has to do with storage wear as I dont think these lower dollar books are bagged or boarded.

Well then they're lowballing...I can almost guarantee I would get 9.8 from these at CGC...so if they go lower than a 9.6 then they have a problem. If they're that wacky when grading maybe i'll reconsider and just hang on to them.

Edited by krighton

Well then they're lowballing...I can almost guarantee I would get 9.8 from these at CGC...so if they go lower than a 9.6 then they have a problem. If they're that wacky when grading maybe i'll reconsider and just hang on to them.

MCS does not lowball, they are just tight graders on Numeric graded books. If they buy something from you and grade it a 9.0, they sell it as a 9.0 you can even see the book hit their new in stock page a few weeks later if you watch hard enough..

CGC is what's changing. They have loosened up. A lot of the 9.8's today would be 9.6's and 9.4's or lower a decade ago. I dont see anything wrong with tight grading, other than if I can get more $ for my book elsewhere, then I will, as I suggest you do.

This one is heating up again. It looks like the market continues to speak about the true first appearance of Spawn!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Malibu-Sun-13-First-Appearance-of-Spawn-Comic-Book-REAL-Official-1st-Printing-/301186420679?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item46201c0fc7

Also MCS ships as well as it grades. A ton of Ebayers could learn a lot from the service they provide. My only gripe with them is that they are often quick to block an Ebayer who request a refund based on grade. This is actually odd because if you buy directly from them they are infinitely patient and accommodating.

Edited by MrWeen

This one is heating up again. It looks like the market continues to speak about the true first appearance of Spawn!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Malibu-Sun-13-First-Appearance-of-Spawn-Comic-Book-REAL-Official-1st-Printing-/301186420679?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item46201c0fc7

Also MCS ships as well as it grades. A ton of Ebayers could learn a lot from the service they provide. My only gripe with them is that they are often quick to block an Ebayer who request a refund based on grade. This is actually odd because if you buy directly from them they are infinitely patient and accommodating.

ebay is a huge and occasionally angry animal. If you're paying extra ebay fees, you don't want to deal with any extra issues, regardless of who's fault.

MCS does not lowball, they are just tight graders on Numeric graded books. If they buy something from you and grade it a 9.0, they sell it as a 9.0 you can even see the book hit their new in stock page a few weeks later if you watch hard enough..

CGC is what's changing. They have loosened up. A lot of the 9.8's today would be 9.6's and 9.4's or lower a decade ago. I dont see anything wrong with tight grading, other than if I can get more $ for my book elsewhere, then I will, as I suggest you do.

Like Silverdream said, they graded majority of books that they are buying from you a few grades lower than what's your normal grade would be and sell it at that grade. It is great for buyers but suck for sellers. The bad side of this grading is that if your book graded lower and come out at $2.50 or something less than the "ideal NM+" grade that they are buying, you are already a few bucks off, will you ask for a return on your books that eventually cost you more than $4 (return shipping)? Basically you stuck with their pricing/grading and have to sell them at that grade/price. No doubt it is great for buyers but how many auctions ended for the price of the grade that they are given, it is always ended higher due to the "true grading" of the book.

Like Silverdream said, they graded majority of books that they are buying from you a few grades lower than what's your normal grade would be and sell it at that grade. It is great for buyers but suck for sellers. The bad side of this grading is that if your book graded lower and come out at $2.50 or something less than the "ideal NM+" grade that they are buying, you are already a few bucks off, will you ask for a return on your books that eventually cost you more than $4 (return shipping)? Basically you stuck with their pricing/grading and have to sell them at that grade/price. No doubt it is great for buyers but how many auctions ended for the price of the grade that they are given, it is always ended higher due to the "true grading" of the book.

It's actually great for sellers too. I've sold hundred of raw books through them and I have realized prices that I could have never gotten selling on eBay or even selling at shows. People trust their grading and pay more for that. I've been thinking of MCS more like a grading service without the encapsulation. I haven't sold books to them in a long time because, to me, any book that is worth going through the process of listing is eligible for consignment.

As a UK buyer I have had nothing but the best service and decent shipping prices, also their packaging is top notch.

On the topic of grading I have sent in their NM's to CGC (blind) and received 9.8's and 8.5's, it's quite a range from 9.4, but it's worth it when you're stocking a raw and graded collection of the same title at the same time and don't want to pay 9.6/9.8 prices.