• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

This is one of the stupidest things I have seen in comics in a long time...

Stupider than the heat for Superman Adventures #4 (tiny inset ad 1st appearance of a character no one's ever heard of or wanted until now)? Come on now, it's not even the stupidest thing we've seen this week. lol

Scalped #43 is not "first appearance Earl Tubb", agreed, but SB's creator has drawn an explicit link between the two books. Perhaps "inspiration for Earl Tubb" would be a better choice of words? I love SB so far and I actually would like a copy of Scalped #43, though certainly your mileage may vary.

Stupider than the heat for Superman Adventures #4 (tiny inset ad 1st appearance of a character no one's ever heard of or wanted until now)? Come on now, it's not even the stupidest thing this week. lol.

At least that's actually Livewire, not a 150lb heavier character with a similar boob window, that MAY have inspired Livewire years later...

We all know there is a growing community of people that subscribe to the "first in print, anywhere, anyway, anyhow, even in a preview or ad, 1st appearance collectors club."

I believe Mr Ween is the president and CEO of that club...

This is one of the stupidest things I have seen in comics in a long time...

Stupider than the heat for Superman Adventures #4 (tiny inset ad 1st appearance of a character no one's ever heard of or wanted until now)? Come on now, it's not even the stupidest thing we've seen this week. lol

Scalped #43 is not "first appearance Earl Tubb", agreed, but SB's creator has drawn an explicit link between the two books. Perhaps "inspiration for Earl Tubb" would be a better choice of words? I love SB so far and I actually would like a copy of Scalped #43, though certainly your mileage may vary.

I agree we have entered an age of completely misinformed speculation. I don't remember anything quite like this before. There have been crazy spec bubbles for years but this is the first time I have seen people that are totally ignorant selling to other people that are totally ignorant. This is truly the ignorant age, scammers, you can have a field day because people are throwing their money at any foolishness that these spec sites post. I have reservations about even selling books like this, sure I like money but deep inside I know that it's based on a handful of shady folks selling BS, I don't think I like money enough to piggyback on a total farce (shrug)

V Wars is awesome! It's not just a typical vampire storyline. The writer has alluded to many different directions this will explore. He is also absolutely sure this will be a TV show. His other novel which will be adapted into comic book format is already in talks of becoming a movie. Google Jonathan Maberry - great guy, great writer.

which is why I can't figure out why the FCBD issue isn't selling for me....I mean it IS the first appearance right?

hm

FCBD was at the beginning of May... #2 is already out. I think #1 might have come first. I could be wrong on this though.

Correct #1 was released April 30th.

Just want to jump in real quick about V Wars. The true 1st appearance is the WonderCon Anaheim variant (April 18-20th). Rumor is the print run was only 300.

Here is a like to one on eBay (not my listing). V Wars #1 WonderCon exclusive

I only know because I was looking forward to the series. I really enjoyed his zombie novel Rot and Ruin. Great writer, and V Wars has been a good read so far. (thumbs u

V Wars is awesome! It's not just a typical vampire storyline. The writer has alluded to many different directions this will explore. He is also absolutely sure this will be a TV show. His other novel which will be adapted into comic book format is already in talks of becoming a movie. Google Jonathan Maberry - great guy, great writer.

which is why I can't figure out why the FCBD issue isn't selling for me....I mean it IS the first appearance right?

hm

FCBD was at the beginning of May... #2 is already out. I think #1 might have come first. I could be wrong on this though.

Correct #1 was released April 30th.

Just want to jump in real quick about V Wars. The true 1st appearance is the WonderCon Anaheim variant (April 18-20th). Rumor is the print run was only 300.

Here is a like to one on eBay (not my listing). V Wars #1 WonderCon exclusive

I only know because I was looking forward to the series. I really enjoyed his zombie novel Rot and Ruin. Great writer, and V Wars has been a good read so far. (thumbs u

Thanks for the heads up on the WonderCon variant. But I don't think it's the rarest. There is a 1:200 variant.

WonderCon

VWars01-cvWONDER.jpg

1:200

idw-publishing-v-wars-issue-1c.jpg

Edited by revivedrevival

Stupider than the heat for Superman Adventures #4 (tiny inset ad 1st appearance of a character no one's ever heard of or wanted until now)? Come on now, it's not even the stupidest thing this week. lol.

At least that's actually Livewire, not a 150lb heavier character with a similar boob window, that MAY have inspired Livewire years later...

We all know there is a growing community of people that subscribe to the "first in print, anywhere, anyway, anyhow, even in a preview or ad, 1st appearance collectors club."

Dang! People are still tryin' to trash Superman Adv 4. I don't know about you fellas but I enjoy seeing the cover of issue 5 rendered in black. When it was a buck or two all over the web last week I would have paid those prices for that art no matter where it was placed in the book.

Same goes for the first appearance of this guy. I can't imagine this issue costs a lot anywhere.

d_zpsebcb16d3.jpg

Edited by MrWeen

d_zpsebcb16d3.jpg

This reminds me, I actually have one of these DC newsletter promos for Watchmen, that came out in the months before Watchmen #1. One of these days I'll dig it up and post it...

Sincere feedback.

You put SO much energy into reporting sales mid way through.

It's incomplete information.

Irrelevant.

Change your focus to completed sales.

Simple.

Example Post:

House of Mystery annual, the 1st appearance of I-Zombie is a rock solid $20 book.

Check out these recent sales that support my statement:

http://bit.ly/1nT9RXb

Just sayin...

You'll become a rock star.

Larry

Edited by LarrysComics

Bunch of different sellers, don't recognize any of them.

Caveat emptor.

Obviously, it's pretty crappy if the sellers know that it's not his first appearance and they are still advertising them as such. That being said, buyers should also do their homework.

If the creators of the book say it is, then it is

http://comicsheatingup.net/2014/06/02/first-appearance-of-southern-bastards-not-where-you-might-think/

http://jasonlatour.tumblr.com/post/80454545300/scalped-43-page-7-unlettered-jason-aaron

You notice how Comics Heating Up can post a link to every eBay page, but not to the source page? Even though the link I gave has been shared a million times by now probably.

Edited by Taco

Caveat emptor.

Obviously, it's pretty crappy if the sellers know that it's not his first appearance and they are still advertising them as such. That being said, buyers should also do their homework.

http://comicsheatingup.net/2014/06/02/first-appearance-of-southern-bastards-not-where-you-might-think/

http://jasonlatour.tumblr.com/post/80454545300/scalped-43-page-7-unlettered-jason-aaron

You notice how Comics Heating Up can post a link to every eBay page, but not to the source page? Even though the link I gave has been shared a million times by now probably.

You mean Comics Heating Up isn't a good source for news? :o

Edited by A$APJimmylinguini

Dang! People are still tryin' to trash Superman Adv 4. I don't know about you fellas but I enjoy seeing the cover of issue 5 rendered in black. When it was a buck or two all over the web last week I would have paid those prices for that art no matter where it was placed in the book.

Same goes for the first appearance of this guy. I can't imagine this issue costs a lot anywhere.

d_zpsebcb16d3.jpg

NM+ road trip find down I-5 about 15 minutes ago...

image_zpsc9a45026.jpg

Cheers!!

Caveat emptor.

Your website has it too though.

I don't know when Sheriff Wooster Karnow changed his name to Earl Tubb. Maybe he hated his dad that much. And moved from the south to Nebraska and drove back to the south.

Edited by Taco

Caveat emptor.

I don't know when Sheriff Wooster Karnow changed his name to Earl Tubb. Maybe he hated his dad that much. And moved from the south to Nebraska and drove back to the south.

You mean my website isn't a good source for news? :o

Caveat emptor.

If Southern Bastards stays hot, really takes off or becomes a TV show, people will still want Scalped 43 since it's Aaron & LaTour's first book together.

Debate all day whether it's a SB prototype or not, I believe it is

d_zpsebcb16d3.jpg

This reminds me, I actually have one of these DC newsletter promos for Watchmen, that came out in the months before Watchmen #1. One of these days I'll dig it up and post it...

I gotta find 'em in my longboxes, I have issues of Amazing Heroes and Comics Interview with early Watchmen stuff, pre-Watchmen #1. Now, which was the first appearance of whoever?

d_zpsebcb16d3.jpg

I gotta find 'em in my longboxes, I have issues of Amazing Heroes and Comics Interview with early Watchmen stuff, pre-Watchmen #1. Now, which was the first appearance of whoever?

I believe DC Spotlight is the first appearance of Watchmen. I cannot find any info on a DC Releases issue that predates DC Spotlight or previews the Watchmen.

That's a pretty high asking price for a vf copy though :ohnoez:

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=282621

If Southern Bastards stays hot, really takes off or becomes a TV show, people will still want Scalped 43 since it's Aaron & LaTour's first book together.

Debate all day whether it's a SB prototype or not, I believe it is

Yes, I agree. That was the issue where they created the middle-aged redneck.

That character also died, btw...and he appears much younger in Scalped, so...figure that one out.