• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,839 posts in this topic

East of West strikes me as pure fantasy and I sure don't feel preached at when reading it. A western, sci fi, civil war over a prophecy, with BFGs and manga. I may have left something out but preaching ain't it.

I don't mind seeing content of political issues, especially if the author is able to present an issue without including an opinion/bias.

Yeah, thats a better way to put it. Hickman doesn't seem to choose a side, he simply presents all of them.

He has an opinion/bias merely by writing the comic. Any ways, I've never thought EoW had some political leaning and if so that's a case of making a point in a subtle fashion.

I think I read that the writer picked KK for a specific reason as opposed to Betty or Veronica. To make a point.

Too bad none of the gang had a conceal carry permit.

Slippery slope it is giving ones opinion.

Edited by krighton

East of West strikes me as pure fantasy and I sure don't feel preached at when reading it. A western, sci fi, civil war over a prophecy, with BFGs and manga. I may have left something out but preaching ain't it.

I don't mind seeing content of political issues, especially if the author is able to present an issue without including an opinion/bias.

Read the new Archer & Armstrong!

I'm sure everyone here already knows but I found these two similar books rather interesting.

Spread - Yellow Convention Variant Limited to 50? @ $100 & 17 bids.

Spread - Blue Convention Variant Limited to 200 @ $81 & 18 bids.

Something is up. It might just be due to people posting about it here in the modern age section. hm(shrug)

I'm sure everyone here already knows but I found these two similar books rather interesting.

Something is up. It might just be due to people posting about it here in the modern age section. hm(shrug)

I can't believe some fool(s) is bidding $300+ for these. wtf are they smoking and how do I get some?

I went to a used book store three weeks ago and they had a X-Factor #15 on the wall for $15.

He was pricing books and stumbled on a Incredible Hulk Annual #5 - I said "how much is that, I'll buy that" - he opened up his overstreet and priced it at $7 so I asked, how do you price your books?

"overstreet"

"why is that book $15?"

"the new marvel avenger Movies"

"oh". Than I bought the first Groot for $7 :cloud9:

BMV :cloud9:

Yeah but the one by Silversnail with the play boys is the one to go to.... lol

I prefer the other one. Just there today picked up some nice books.

15 for X-Factor 15 :o

That seems high. I must have picked up at least 15 of these ( all newsstands! ) from my favorite honeypot this past spring and they are some high grade beauties!

Nice to hear someone is collecting Groot appearances cause there just aren't that many prior to 2007. I'm surprised that Where Monsters Dwell 6 isn't doing better. It reprints his first appearance but came out prior to his second in that Hulk Annual 5. I'm not sure about this but can the Hulk appearance even be considered his second? I have not read that comic because I ran out of cotton gloves but I heard it's a Groot robot not actually Groot? If that's true then wouldn't Supernaturals 4 be his second? It's kinda crazy that Groot was absent from comics for over 20 years.

comicsheatingup.net has been promoting this book heavy for some time. I'm not sure how many people go there but the owner is connected to Bleeding Cool. I bought a copy. It's ok but nothing about it would make me spend the Tangerine Kush mortgage money on any of its variants no matter how low the print run.

comicsheatingup.net has been promoting this book heavy for some time. I'm not sure how many people go there but the owner is connected to Bleeding Cool. I bought a copy. It's ok but nothing about it would make me spend the Tangerine Kush mortgage money on any of its variants no matter how low the print run.

oic. I wondered what was happening. Thanks for the update Mr. Ween.

I like the guy who runs CHU. He seems honest and seems to put the info out as soon as he gets it which is the right way to run a site imo.

I like the guy who runs CHU. He seems honest and seems to put the info out as soon as he gets it which is the right way to run a site imo.

(thumbs u

I went to a used book store three weeks ago and they had a X-Factor #15 on the wall for $15.

He was pricing books and stumbled on a Incredible Hulk Annual #5 - I said "how much is that, I'll buy that" - he opened up his overstreet and priced it at $7 so I asked, how do you price your books?

"overstreet"

"why is that book $15?"

That seems high. I must have picked up at least 15 of these ( all newsstands! ) from my favorite honeypot this past spring and they are some high grade beauties!

Nice to hear someone is collecting Groot appearances cause there just aren't that many prior to 2007. I'm surprised that Where Monsters Dwell 6 isn't doing better. It reprints his first appearance but came out prior to his second in that Hulk Annual 5. I'm not sure about this but can the Hulk appearance even be considered his second? I have not read that comic because I ran out of cotton gloves but I heard it's a Groot robot not actually Groot? If that's true then wouldn't Supernaturals 4 be his second? It's kinda crazy that Groot was absent from comics for over 20 years.

I've been trying to find a 9.8 X-Factor #15 forever...

"overstreet"

"why is that book $15?"

I've been trying to find a 9.8 X-Factor #15 forever...

I'm sending all my raw copies to CGC :eek:

"overstreet"

"why is that book $15?"

Sensational Spider-Man # Minus 1 was Groot's 1st appearance after the Hulk annual. Either way, revealed to be a robot or not, that Hulk issue is the 1st time Groot's name and likeness was used in the post FF#1 Marvel universe

Read the new Archer & Armstrong!

I had it on my pull-list until issue 10; just didn't like it. In the beginning I had it ranked at the bottom of the VE1 titles on my pull-list.

Hey guys! New here. :) I apologize in advance if this isn't the thread to be asking this, butttt...

I'm fairly new with collecting comics. By collecting, I mean investing in new releases that will have some value in the future. But I have been reading DC's New 52 since it started and recently started Image's Outcast. I heard Image Comics is the best when it comes to investing money on a comic. So I was wondering, is there any thread here that gives suggestions on what to get before it becomes valuable? Or is this the right thread? http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7857648&Board=17&fpart=all&gonew=1#UNREAD

Cause like, I don't know if im wasting money or not, but I reserved 4 variants of the Death of Archie just cause I 'think; it'll hold some value. hahaha!

thanks for your help guys!

Edited by macky

you're definitely in the right thread. plenty of Archie death value talk going on in here and other threads. poke around :baiting:

nice. :) so whats the speculation with archie? Dunno if im wasting money or not. Hahaha! I heard a lot of the stuff Image comics releases eventually holds some value. This true? Cause, I swear, I'd just buy every #1's by Image if thats the case. Hahaha! No but really... How can you guys tell?