• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,809 posts in this topic

Yeah, it's probably my favorite variant. Anyone else have a different favorite?

They do dip down to $30, but most of those are grabbed right away.

Easily my favorite, but 9.8s are way more than I want to pay still.

Playing the waiting game.

Ditto. $100 is a bit much for that 9.8... I was thinking closer to $50!

Worst part about Lady Thor is that they already recently did this. After the Ragnarok that ended the series, Loki came back as a female.

To me, it's just super creepy. There's nothing fresh or interesting about it.

Patrick

Hey guys! New here. :) I apologize in advance if this isn't the thread to be asking this, butttt...

I'm fairly new with collecting comics. By collecting, I mean investing in new releases that will have some value in the future. But I have been reading DC's New 52 since it started and recently started Image's Outcast. I heard Image Comics is the best when it comes to investing money on a comic. So I was wondering, is there any thread here that gives suggestions on what to get before it becomes valuable? Or is this the right thread? http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7857648&Board=17&fpart=all&gonew=1#UNREAD

Cause like, I don't know if im wasting money or not, but I reserved 4 variants of the Death of Archie just cause I 'think; it'll hold some value. hahaha!

thanks for your help guys!

I'm a believer of buying what I like and enjoy reading. Alot of money can be wasted buying moderns, just be careful. You don't want to be holding 100 copies of mind the gap, pacific, sex, etc.

Worst part about Lady Thor is that they already recently did this. After the Ragnarok that ended the series, Loki came back as a female.

To me, it's just super creepy. There's nothing fresh or interesting about it.

Patrick

Actually twice. Jurgens run he had a female thor as well for a little while Thor Girl. She was Tarene the Desiginate if I rem correctly.

This time should be interested because of who the Thor female might be.

Here is a fun one to watch in the new few months.

New Female Thor announced

New Thor Sister already announced

Spawn issue seems to be creeping upwards

Thoughts?

Doubtful. The pic they have for Entertainment weekly has both of them in it standing next to each other.

good or bad? These were selling for $150 at first to market.

Was kinda expecting the 1st appearance of Kevin to have a little bit of a bump, but not $150 for a 9.8, gotta be an impulse buy

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VERONICA-202-CGC-GRADED-9-8-1ST-APPEARANCE-KEVIN-KELLER-WHITE-PAGES-ARCHIE-/290883871697?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item43ba07a3d1

$150 for a Modern seems pretty dang good to me.

Edited by ygogolak

Yeah, it's probably my favorite variant. Anyone else have a different favorite?

They do dip down to $30, but most of those are grabbed right away.

My favorite is the Opena cover, love the action, color and feel of it.

good or bad? These were selling for $150 at first to market.

Still a hell of a lot better than selling them raw.

I wasn't following this very closely, but I believe the writer of ZERO had posted something cryptic about it maybe becoming a TV Show. Now there's been an actual announcement that it is officially in development for television.

I wasn't following this very closely, but I believe the writer of ZERO had posted something cryptic about it maybe becoming a TV Show. Now there's been an actual announcement that it is officially in development for television.

If you read the interview he gave its a TV show that isn't the same as the comic.

The Tone and the idea are the same. What does this mean ?

Tv is not the same as the comic. Which means different characters.

So a Tv show kind of based on the comic but not really.

Interesting. I guess it's a different story told in the same world as the comic?

I read the first Zero TPB and it was pretty damn excellent.

Great book! Good luck!!

http://www.superherohype.com/news/308871-image-comics-series-zero-in-development-as-tv-series

Was kinda expecting the 1st appearance of Kevin to have a little bit of a bump, but not $150 for a 9.8, gotta be an impulse buy

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VERONICA-202-CGC-GRADED-9-8-1ST-APPEARANCE-KEVIN-KELLER-WHITE-PAGES-ARCHIE-/290883871697?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item43ba07a3d1

Weird in that I think the people who would be collecting this would not care about the slabbed condition.

I sold my copies a couple of years ago for $10-$12 a pop.

Was Kevin Keller straight at first?

ultra loaded question.

Not answerable here on the boards for a myriad of reasons.