• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,839 posts in this topic

The Staples covers is cool, though it's not the one I ordered.

It's also more interesting in context, a context that a lot of the people trying to get this issue may not be aware of as they aren't all Archie fans.

Namely, this is the third (and last?) in a series of variant covers Fiona Staples has done for Archie revolving around The Archies and Josie and the Pussycats.

People really need these two Staples variants as well to get the full effect - from Life with Archie #24 and Archie #650:

josie.jpg

tumblr_mrmydexhBh1ra3v9xo1_500.jpg

Edited by Crimebuster

I can understand a retailer having this policy as they have to do whatever they deem best for thier business but I have also seen the unintended consequences of a policy like this in another business.

My wife used to take my girls to Hallmark to buy plush toys called Webkinz. They were buying 2 each and selling one on ebay to help pay for the ones they kept for their own. These were quite popular and not a cheap buy at that time. One day, my wife goes into the Hallmark and the owner of the store put a 1 per customer limit on them. It was the last time my wife or kids bought them or went to that Hallmark. I personally think it was a bad policy and a worse decision for the retailer as my wife used to spend a lot of money on other stuff at her shop.

Midtown has a tendency of doing this & I think its stupid. As long as you get money for a book you were planning to sell, what difference does it make if I buy 4 copies now or throughout the day? "Give people a chance to get one." Um, no. If they wanted it that badly, they would've gotten it as soon as the store opened up. You snooze, you lose.

Because for every whiny nerd complaining that they can't buy multiples there is a whiny nerd complaining that the shop shouldn't sell multiples. :gossip:

Edited by Whizzer

Archie will hot until people figure out that Archie is still alive in the the "real" Archie universe

But the people who are interested (and speculating) on this title already know that Archie isn't really dead. Which people are we talking about? (shrug)

I mean there will be interest from the lemming public in buying it. Because of the press people who know about or have read Archie will be buying it. Since the comic he's dying in is ending, they won't be able to check in the next issue to see what happens so they'll lose interest.

I guess it all boils down to a quick flip...I don't see interest in it down the road like there has been with the Doomsday stuff.

Edited by krighton

I mean there will be interest from the lemming public in buying it. Because of the press people who know about or have read Archie will be buying it. Since the comic he's dying in is ending, they won't be able to check in the next issue to see what happens so they'll lose interest.

I guess it all boils down to a quick flip...I don't see interest in it down the road like there has been with the Doomsday stuff.

I think that media hype is what makes this a winner. This issue covers pro gay and anti gun control issues. Im not big on politics hitting the comic arena, but clearly this book was carefully thought through. From concept to marketing to execution (no pun intended)..

Fionas BINs are thinning out on eBay

I can understand a retailer having this policy as they have to do whatever they deem best for thier business but I have also seen the unintended consequences of a policy like this in another business.

My wife used to take my girls to Hallmark to buy plush toys called Webkinz. They were buying 2 each and selling one on ebay to help pay for the ones they kept for their own. These were quite popular and not a cheap buy at that time. One day, my wife goes into the Hallmark and the owner of the store put a 1 per customer limit on them. It was the last time my wife or kids bought them or went to that Hallmark. I personally think it was a bad policy and a worse decision for the retailer as my wife used to spend a lot of money on other stuff at her shop.

Midtown has a tendency of doing this & I think its stupid. As long as you get money for a book you were planning to sell, what difference does it make if I buy 4 copies now or throughout the day? "Give people a chance to get one." Um, no. If they wanted it that badly, they would've gotten it as soon as the store opened up. You snooze, you lose.

Because for every whiny nerd complaining that they can't buy multiples there is a whiny nerd complaining that the shop shouldn't sell multiples. :gossip:

:devil: Tee hee hee hee hee!

:devil: Tee hee hee hee hee!

Haha ! Around here, we call the latter, losers :grin:

I personally can't stand comics that inject themselves into social issues..I'll let others fight over this.

Agreed, I ordered these a couple of months ago not knowing. I'm absolutely not interested in being preached to about a writer's thoughts on the matter. 2c

I've been loading up on Gotham Central #1s, but honestly, I can't think of a plausible connection between the series and the TV-show now that I've seen the cast.

who needs a plausible connection? you just need to be able to convince the ebay crowd.

^^

And just my 2c ... I love comics that take on social issues. From the 1950s EC stories about racism and prejudice, to the O'Neil/Adams GA/GL run with drug abuse, and on and on... I find it quite cool to see how mainstream pop culture reflects the changing times in fits and starts.

Wild to see how Archie -- a title that would appear to have hardly changed at all for decades and decades -- is suddenly chock full of surprises in the last few years. You could hardly have imagined all this five or ten years ago.

Isn't this based on movie hype?

East of West strikes me as pure fantasy and I sure don't feel preached at when reading it. A western, sci fi, civil war over a prophecy, with BFGs and manga. I may have left something out but preaching ain't it.

I don't mind seeing content of political issues, especially if the author is able to present an issue without including an opinion/bias.