• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

Archer and Armstrong might be one of the best titles from the original Valiant line but they printed a ton of zero issues so their first appearance isn't worth much despite the recent movie hype.

I don't think the gold version of the zero issue has even seen any movement, which only had a print run of 5000.

Now might be a good time to buy then.

Maybe, but A&A golds were never cheap to begin with.

This is true...you have to go back many (5-10) years to find a time when they were inexpensive. There was a time where they found their way into the cheap boxes and they are tough in 9.8. From memory, I think the last sale was $350 and $500 is more like the going rate.

I did sell a raw copy on the day of the movie news and listed another.

Don't see it being any more valuable than any of the other books. The characters in this book are all normal human beings for the most part and very rarely do "normie" books do much.

Plus the first appearance of issue #5 was in Previews & that's doing nothing at the moment

;)

I believe issue 5 is the first appearance of Sardu, the Master. If so then it's more than a " normie "

hm I wonder if the strain was previewed anywhere...

Cheers, picked up a NM copy for fairly cheap. Loving that show (thumbs u

Edited by dscythe

Don't see it being any more valuable than any of the other books. The characters in this book are all normal human beings for the most part and very rarely do "normie" books do much.

Plus the first appearance of issue #5 was in Previews & that's doing nothing at the moment

;)

I believe issue 5 is the first appearance of Sardu, the Master. If so then it's more than a " normie "

hm I wonder if the strain was previewed anywhere...

Cheers, picked up a NM copy for fairly cheap. Loving that show (thumbs u

I was sour on the show at the start and yea, that just might be because I spent 10 buck last year and purchased 10 NM copies of the issue 1 variant from tfaw and was pissed I had not sold right before the premiere. But despite minor missteps it has become my favorite new show right behind the Knick.

I'm starting to see some upward price movement on several (not all) of the Star Wars variants that Dynamic Forces put out for Dark Horse. The price realized for the Star Wars: Jedi Vs. Sith 1 is surprising.

Star Wars: Jedi Vs. Sith 1 Dynamic Forces:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAR-WARS-JEDI-vs-SITH-1-dynamic-forces-gold-foil-edition-sealed-RARE-/251618560142?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3a95a2888e

Star Wars Infinities 1 Dynamic Forces:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-Infinities-1-GOLD-FOIL-DF-Variant-Cover-with-COA-Dynamic-Forces-VADER-/301243581182?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item46238442fe

Star Wars: Jedi Quest 1 Dynamic Forces:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAR-WARS-JEDI-QUEST-1-Dynamic-Forces-Ruby-Red-Foil-Cover-/281376417766?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item41835767e6

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-Jedi-Quest-1-Dynamic-Forces-Ruby-Red-Foil-Cover-Dark-Horse-DF-/201109623751?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2ed31153c7

Both the Star Wars: Jedi vs Sith and Star Wars: Jedi Quest books were $10-15 books for many, many years. The Star Wars Infinities 1 was always a hard book to get and is only slightly higher than what I normally see it sell for. I just don't know if it is the movie speculation driving these new, higher prices or people wanting to finish out their Dark Horse runs now that they are done publishing Star Wars comics? (shrug)

Both the Star Wars: Jedi vs Sith and Star Wars: Jedi Quest books were $10-15 books for many, many years. The Star Wars Infinities 1 was always a hard book to get and is only slightly higher than what I normally see it sell for. I just don't know if it is the movie speculation driving these new, higher prices or people wanting to finish out their Dark Horse runs now that they are done publishing Star Wars comics? (shrug)

Also, the same buyer bought two of the three which suggests they were filling a hole or they know something we don't.

Value on the Strain is going to reach its high I think within the next year.

Remember its only 3 books and after the 1st or 2nd season I think they are going to have difficulty achieving the same success. The 2nd and 3rd books aren't the strength of the show in my opinion its the 1st book.

I sold my No1s at $50-60 raw and I am happy with that. I hope it continues to rise, but after reading all 3 books the story doesn't sustain itself as well in book 2 and 3 I think.

Maybe the show will make changes that work better.

Remember its only 3 books and after the 1st or 2nd season I think they are going to have difficulty achieving the same success. The 2nd and 3rd books aren't the strength of the show in my opinion its the 1st book.

I sold my No1s at $50-60 raw and I am happy with that. I hope it continues to rise, but after reading all 3 books the story doesn't sustain itself as well in book 2 and 3 I think.

Unless something else is in the pipeline. I'm not saying it us but I could seriously see more strain books coming out past the third as well as more strain comic book series past the current one. 2c

Edited by natevegas

Also, the same buyer bought two of the three which suggests they were filling a hole or they know something we don't.

3 of the 4 auctions had more than one bidder. So it was more than one buyer bidding these prices up. These were not a Divad BIN spectacular! lol But I understand what you are saying.

Edited by rjrjr

3 of the 4 auctions had more than one bidder. So it was more than one buyer bidding these prices up. These were not a Divad BIN spectacular! lol But I understand what you are saying.

:gossip: Mine are all auctions junior . . . :screwy:

Interesting. The 1st book was my least favorite, 2 was by far my favorite which would be Season 3 according to interviews so far.

Interesting. The 1st book was my least favorite, 2 was by far my favorite which would be Season 3 according to interviews so far.

I sold or traded my #1s a month or 2 ago and like you, I'm happy but I think. There is a lot of room for growth since the TV show is doing so well. Who knows, maybe they will expand the comics universe. (shrug)

I say this having not read the novels and. Not knowing if it comes to a firm end. lol

I read the books before the comics came out. I do not see it going past the third book. The expansion is the two seasons they are planning to do in between the books. From what I read the books will he season 1,3 and 5 with seasons 2 and 4 expanding and letting them do stuff that did not happen in the books.

I read the books before the comics came out. I do not see it going past the third book. The expansion is the two seasons they are planning to do in between the but books. From what I read the books will he season 1,3 and 5 with seasons 2 and 4 expanding and letting them do stuff that did not happen in the books.

Very interesting and thanks for the info. (thumbs u

I sold or traded my #1s a month or 2 ago and like you, I'm happy but I think. There is a lot of room for growth since the TV show is doing so well. Who knows, maybe they will expand the comics universe. (shrug)

I say this having not read the novels and. Not knowing if it comes to a firm end. lol

The ending is pretty concrete, but that doesn't mean the TV show has to end it that way. They have a lot of choices. Sure it will off readers, but by then the show wont care.

Okay, auctions with one bidder. :baiting: I stand corrected. lol

Edited by rjrjr

Okay, auctions with one bidder. :baiting: I stand corrected. lol

Yes, but smart (and happy) bidders! :cloud9: