• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,787 posts in this topic

I am waiting for EoW, Deadly Class and Black Science to get a little heat so I can start moving sets. :wishluck:

East of West 1-14 $61

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EAST-OF-WEST-1-14-1ST-PRINTS-HICKMAN-IMAGE-COMICS-Full-Run-Lot-/261559000892?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3ce6219f3c&autorefresh=true

The full set has been bringing between $40 and $60 lately.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=east+of+west+1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9+10+11+12&LH_Sold=1&_osacat=63&_from=R40%7CR40%7CR40&LH_Complete=1&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xeast+of+west+1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9+10+11+12+13&_nkw=east+of+west+1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9+10+11+12+13&_sacat=63

It appears to me it will be a small winner or break even series unless it can pick up more readers. The fact that the title hasn't grown is the only surprise to me. Black Science was bringing $45 to $50 for a set when 1-4 and 1-5 were 1st out. Now the books are averaging around $6 each in sets. While this is still good for a book that hasn't even been out a year, it doesn't reflect fact that the book has a growing number of readers. (shrug)

Wow, thanks. Never ceases to amaze me how the line in the sand keeps moving in the buyer's favor.

You'd think eBay would care a bit more about the people that actually pay them.

I have had this opinion for a while. Playing devils advocate though, there is no revenue for eBay if there is nobody buying.

I don't feel the buyers on eBay will ever dry up as it has market dominance. Even other comic book sales sites have basically the same fee structure but obviously have less web traffic.

Agreed 100%. You can make the argument the sellers are equally important, but they're not. Take away the buyers and the sellers just have a bunch of stuff, and the buyers just spend money in the 1 million other facets of life.

You need incentives to encourage people to buy, especially when personal debt levels are the highest they've ever been.

I rarely sell on ebay since they changed to the DSR system and I felt like years of building a reputation was flushed at the whim of ...who knows ? I think ebay wants the little guy gone and is trying to become more like Amazon. It's their business and they know what works best for them. I wouldn't want someone telling me how to run mine.

I don't see how a small seller under say, 500 to 1000 items per month in the bronze, copper, and modern age will be able to handle the new policy on returns. Let's use a book like Manifest Destiny. Say a person sold 5 #1s in CGC 9.8 at $160 which I believe was the high price on these books. Then 3 weeks later they drop to $140, which they did. Under the old rules, if the case had a scratch, the buyer could return the book and the buyer paid for return shipping. Now the seller is responsible for shipping both ways. There is no deterrent for the cheaters. I could see a case getting miraculously scratched upon arrival. I realize the good people outnumber the bad but the bad exists and more so every time ebay changes the rules.

I think it's even a bigger problem with inexpensive raws. I ship using priority mail boxes because I want the books well protected. I certainly wouldn't want to pay shipping costs both ways if someone viewed my $25 Nm book as Nm- after they found 1 maybe 3 weeks later for for $15. Making an ebay account seems to be a fairly easy endeavor. I've had 1 buyer who has used 3 different ebay IDs to purchase books over the years.

I know that these are worse case scenarios but I also know there is plenty of potential for them under the new rules. I think the only safe bet is to sell using scans and not advertising condition and hope that people look at feedback. What do you guys think ?

That seems like an extreme example. I don't think the majority of people would be willing to put that much time/effort into trying to get a book bought for $20 a week or two later. Also, who's to say they can buy that book, maybe it will fluctuate higher later?

I have a difficult time believing these buyers will be monitoring future sales like a hawk.

I found sets in VF/NM on ebay for $12.99 but passed. Somebody bought 1 for $12.99 and the 2nd set cost somebody $59.99. Good for the seller, bad ? For the 2nd buyer. lol

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidsLogin&item=380474571822&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2564

Now that I passed, it will probably be the second coming of the Walking Dead. lol

I found sets in VF/NM on ebay for $12.99 but passed. Somebody bought 1 for $12.99 and the 2nd set cost somebody $59.99. Good for the seller, bad ? For the 2nd buyer. lol

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidsLogin&item=380474571822&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2564

Now that I passed, it will probably be the second coming of the Walking Dead. lol

:eyeroll:

lol

:eyeroll:

lol

:roflmao:

I couldn't resist ! lol

Sold a raw Uber #0 Sketch for $22

Is Uber finally selling across the board or is this hit and miss ?

I've sold 3 different copies in the past 2 weeks.

And I sold a few at the con. One of the higher dollar limited edition prints as well.

What a mess they made of that book. I thought it was a great storyline and the art was better then average. I just kinda lost interest in it.

Yeah, I think we all (or least I ) got frustrated over the seemingly endless line of #1 first prints. I love the art and really liked the story. I'm up to issue 6 or 7 and I keep telling myself I need to get caught up and I think I will. The guys still reading it seem to love it.

What a mess they made of that book. I thought it was a great storyline and the art was better then average. I just kinda lost interest in it.

Yeah, I think we all (or least I ) got frustrated over the seemingly endless line of #1 first prints. I love the art and really liked the story. I'm up to issue 6 or 7 and I keep telling myself I need to get caught up and I think I will. The guys still reading it seem to love it.

Dude....get caught up, you will love it. Well worth the read.

Crossed had so much potential

I :cloud9:all the pretty covers.

It was a cool story but just a little too hardcore for me. If it wasn't something I worried about leaving lay around the house, I might have continued but with an 11 year old girl wanting to participate in my collecting, it's just too edgy imo. lol

I think Uber is much better when you read it in bunches anyway, but yeah, there is some good stuff ahead of you if you stopped at #7. I think Gillen needs some more editorial interference though, his arcs seem to be meandering right now. At least in my opinion.

I think Gillen needs some more editorial interference though, his arcs seem to be meandering right now. At least in my opinion.

I agree a bit, Gillen has a vast story to tell with litterly many fronts of the war to cover that he gives us small chunks of one character in the Pacific war, then back to the East front for a few issues and then back to what is going on in Britian. Its keeping me captivated for sure and I know Gillen will tie it all together but I wonder if Avatar will best be served having some Uber miniseries running in parallel to support the main title. I'm sure Gillen could keep 3 different artists busy with what he has planned.

But good to hear that interest in #0 might be coming back... this is still the best read every month for my money. Issue 17 will be out soon so I urge people to catch up, it has an intense and surprise filled ride thus far. (thumbs u

Right now it looks like he is keeping the US "Uber" program a secret for whatever reason, and is not shedding too much light on the Russian efforts. I wonder if he is saving that for an eventual Cold War era Uber arc in the future?

I think Gillen needs some more editorial interference though, his arcs seem to be meandering right now. At least in my opinion.

I agree a bit, Gillen has a vast story to tell with litterly many fronts of the war to cover that he gives us small chunks of one character in the Pacific war, then back to the East front for a few issues and then back to what is going on in Britian. Its keeping me captivated for sure and I know Gillen will tie it all together but I wonder if Avatar will best be served having some Uber miniseries running in parallel to support the main title. I'm sure Gillen could keep 3 different artists busy with what he has planned.

But good to hear that interest in #0 might be coming back... this is still the best read every month for my money. Issue 17 will be out soon so I urge people to catch up, it has an intense and surprise filled ride thus far. (thumbs u

100% agree with your entire statement.

(thumbs u