• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

My buddy from college and I have a running joke whenever I talk about comics. He isn't a fan, but had a run of Sleepwalker 1-10 for some reason. He always asks if they are worth anything yet (because they have been sub-25 cent bin fodder for decades) and we always laugh. I sent him the news.

It's time for me to liquidate my collection. The writing is on the wall, the end is nigh. Irrational exuberance is here!

(I'm kidding but not really).

Not really . . . Sleepwalker? I must have used it in the birdcage. lol

Soooo.. 9.6?

M****** f*****' 9.8, baby - you betcha :acclaim:

My buddy from college and I have a running joke whenever I talk about comics. He isn't a fan, but had a run of Sleepwalker 1-10 for some reason. He always asks if they are worth anything yet (because they have been sub-25 cent bin fodder for decades) and we always laugh. I sent him the news.

It's time for me to liquidate my collection. The writing is on the wall, the end is nigh. Irrational exuberance is here!

Soooo.. 9.6?

So just what we all expected then.

Soooo.. 9.6?

So just what we all expected then.

Seriously Sleepwalker is hot, I think my whole collection is at camp in an outhouse. Trust me those babies are not mint, might have used a few to wipe when I ran out of T.P.

Soooo.. 9.6?

lol

Soooo.. 9.6?

lol

Good news. Now, on 9.8 you can at least get your slabbing money back. :D

NYX #3 CGC 9.8 @ $305, 49 watchers & 4 days to go! :o:insane:

Wow.

This book is going crazy.

Agreed and I'm unsure the driving force behind it. Why now? hm

edit: There appears to be a person who has a 40% bidding history with the seller bidding on it now. That would make this particular sell questionable. However, other copies of this comic has shown similar patterns.

Edited by whetteon

Well played marvel, sleepwalker is now a $15 book and FF 642 reg covers are $10 w very limited supply. All in 24 hrs

Give Marvel long enough and they'll turn all our 90's drek into gold! :whee:

I've been using this motto for a few years now:

"If you find a high grade Marvel #1 issue and you can get it cheap, buy it."

And I'm talking anything from the 80s on up. In today's crazy market, you just never know what's going to be the next hottest thing. (shrug)

Well played marvel, sleepwalker is now a $15 book and FF 642 reg covers are $10 w very limited supply. All in 24 hrs

Give Marvel long enough and they'll turn all our 90's drek into gold! :whee:

I've been using this motto for a few years now:

"If you find a high grade Marvel #1 issue and you can get it cheap, buy it."

And I'm talking anything from the 80s on up. In today's crazy market, you just never know what's going to be the next hottest thing. (shrug)

Honestly, that's how it should be in my opinion. We should be excited for the entire Marvel Universe knowing any one character might make all the difference. That's how it use to be way back in the late 80's and it seemed like a healthy market than. hm

I'll get a $10 bill for it in a month...

it might be beneath your interest, but not mine.

I like ten dollar bills.

If you have a brick & mortar, sure. Most on here do not. If you are selling a modern for $10 including shipping you must not value your time.

No one is buying these as a 30 year investment

Um, the people buying them for $10+ are. Why else would you buy some of the stuff at what it sells for? (Sleepwalker, cough cough)

I like ten dollar bills.

If you have a brick & mortar, sure. Most on here do not. If you are selling a modern for $10 including shipping you must not value your time.

You don't have to buy and sell one book at a time :gossip:

Edited by Solar

I like ten dollar bills.

:applause:

BTW, I would never try to take a book with a $4 cover price and try to flip it for $10 including shipping.

-slym

I like ten dollar bills.

BTW, I would never try to take a book with a $4 cover price and try to flip it for $10 including shipping.

-slym

For Larry, I bet he paid $2 or less for the book. Consider that he normally only makes $2 per book. An $8 profit is fantastic (heh, no pun intended). For Larry it's all about volume. How much time do you think it really takes to post a book on ebay then prep it for shipping? 20 minutes total? That's $24 an hour. And consider he probably is paying someone $10 an hour to do this for him. This is why he likes $10 bill books.

*disclaimer - I have no idea how much Larry pays for his books or his employees. Just saying, $10 modern books are WELL worth his time. And could be worth yours too if you have the process of posting and selling books down.

Edited by JediTrix

I like ten dollar bills.

-slym

Sure...You're only interested in the BIG score.

I take whatever the market sends my way, & have no problem with smaller sales.

My bread & butter since 1988.

( I like bigger plays too, but this is what it is )

I like ten dollar bills.

-slym

For Larry, I bet he paid $2 or less for the book. Consider that he normally only makes $2 per book. An $8 profit is fantastic (heh, no pun intended). For Larry it's all about volume. How much time do you think it really takes to post a book on ebay then prep it for shipping? 20 minutes total? That's $24 an hour. And consider he probably is paying someone $10 an hour to do this for him. This is why he likes $10 bill books.

*disclaimer - I have no idea how much Larry pays for his books or his employees. Just saying, $10 modern books are WELL worth his time. And could be worth yours too if you have the process of posting and selling books down.

Not to mention they'll be plenty on the shelves at my shop for months to come.

Customers that missed out at other shops will be swinging by...

Maybe they'll find something else they like.

:)

I like ten dollar bills.

-slym

Sure...You're only interested in the BIG score.

I take whatever the market sends my way, & have no problem with smaller sales.

My bread & butter since 1988.

( I like bigger plays too, but this is what it is )

This line of discussion was specifically excluding you (see yogolak's post quoted at the top), so...cool story, bro.