• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,788 posts in this topic

IDK how you guys get any comics in a first class package under 13 oz. I've tried one book the way I pack and it is already over the weight limit for first class. More power to you if you can do it though.

no backs or boards or padding, just an envelope and a comic.

Nope. Nowhere close, my friend!

:)

-slym

I'll get a $10 bill for it in a month...

it might be beneath your interest, but not mine.

I like ten dollar bills.

If you have a brick & mortar, sure. Most on here do not. If you are selling a modern for $10 including shipping you must not value your time.

No one is buying these as a 30 year investment

Um, the people buying them for $10+ are. Why else would you buy some of the stuff at what it sells for? (Sleepwalker, cough cough)

Maybe the market has passed you by old man :baiting:

Huh? I actually have a job. I may flip a few comics on the side though.

If you're going to an LCS and buying a $4 comic and selling it for $10 on eBay INCLUDING shipping your profit is $1.32 if you are listing BIN. Add $2.79 to your profit if shipping is on top. A whopping $4.11 minus whatever gas it cost you to and from the shop. So what is your time worth?

BTW, nobody has to pay cover, we can all get Larry prices. It's called pre-ordering. 30-50% off cover.

You need talent to pre-order properly.

Most wait until book sell out to seek it out...

Is it sold out already? Because I went out to this comic shop I know today and picked up two copies from their stack. I will go back tomorrow to get two more, and Saturday the same, if the stack is still large tomorrow.

I'd get more at once, but the guy doesn't like selling people more than two at once. I am glad it's only a few miles from my house, too.

-slym

Without properly taping bubble wrap around the cardboard pancake and then using packing tape on the outside I cringe at what shipping methods people would use and how many damaged comics would be showing up. Not to mention how the handling of packages are lately. A knife is a must to open a fully protected shipment. 2c

I guess, cardboard sandwich with the book taped to the card then the two boards taped works perfectly fine if you have an inch border on all sides.

I'm just messing with, I was referring to the 30 year investment comment. That was what you said to me when I was agast over the crazy prices paid for Shazam 28. ;)

Haha, been waiting with one in the chamber for this long? :foryou:

It cut me long and deep :sorry: I'm only 38 but I'm bald and graying :cry:

:sorry: I'm only 38 but I'm bald and graying :cry:

I'm not much younger than you...and bald(ing).

Wonder what the print run for FF 642 was, every LCS I asked either had 1 copy or non, no copies at midtown either. Wolvie 3 variants are impossible to find now!

It's been pretty steady around 25k. Might have saw a slight bump if anybody knew it was the last issue.

IDK how you guys get any comics in a first class package under 13 oz. I've tried one book the way I pack and it is already over the weight limit for first class. More power to you if you can do it though.

I agree I wont ship more the one book first class. I pack it full of cardboard until I hit 13 ounces. I don't have to worry.

More power to others shipping more, but its just not a headache I need.

I think you answered your own dilemma. I actually dislike packages that are wrapped and taped to the gills. Just as much of a chance of damaging it trying to get it open. You shouldn't be forced to use a knife to open a paper good.

Without properly taping bubble wrap around the cardboard pancake and then using packing tape on the outside I cringe at what shipping methods people would use and how many damaged comics would be showing up. Not to mention how the handling of packages are lately. A knife is a must to open a fully protected shipment. 2c

I agree with this.

That's another topic altogether. I am saying, shipping comics 1st Class, I don't (& won't) have any problems.

The problem with the first "Master List" was that boardies that didn't deserve to be on it, were - due to CalAmerica and his ridiculousness. Yes, I was one of those boardies, but not the only one.

"The Master List was flawed."

-slym

I agree I have no issues with 1st class I just wont put more then one book in. I prefer to stuff with cardboard. I know a few sellers that use those folded cardboard mailers with good success. I think I have only had one or two of those ever get damaged to my house.

First class is great for up to two comics.

I use: COMIC T FOLDER INTERNATIONAL PAPER

Spyvpx2l.jpg

For 3-12 comics I charge $5.55 & put the T folder in a legal size priority envelope

Bubble wrap

boards & bags

I rarely get complaints

Edited by LarrysComics