• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

Ha! Something told me to hold off on buying it. Sucks to be those people who paid $100+.

Really sucks for whoever shelled out $700 for the final splash page of original art. Good for Cory Smith, though.

I completely disagree, no matter what happens in future issues he DIED in this issue. It was confirmed by the character Angel Bridge in the dialogue, not to mention every single news outlet that has printed a story about the events. Turtles die in real life when their shells are compromised, and that's exactly what Bebop and Rocksteady did to Donny. Will a serum/mutagen/ooze bring him back?..... probably.

Wolverine will be back, but that doesn't mean he didn't die in Death of Wolverine 4

This will be an iconic panel forever in my opinion. $700 was a steal.

Except in the preview art for the future issue posted by Adonis the dialogue reads "he very nearly lost his life"

It would appear that you have some amount of money tied up into this and are desperately clinging to the idea that he is dead.

Your assumption is incorrect ......

No, I would believe its pretty accurate.

NWRGck2.jpg

You were saying?

1. Why are you a member of the google plus groups if you hate it so much?

2. What is the name you use on google+, I want to make sure I'm not following you.

Because despite the idiocy of the owner, plenty of good information gets posted there and 98% of the users seem like perfectly fine individuals? Also not a member there.

Speaking of the owner, I point out that he was monetarily invested in TMNT 44, which he denied and now I've been made aware that he put a bounty on my personal information? This falls somewhere between being creepy and scary. Its also pathetic.

K6BWNe7.jpg

So who did 8802 send after you? Dengar? Bossk? Jimmy Linguini in a Boba Fett costume?

Keep up the great sleuthing, darkstar. I, for one, appreciate it.

But nah, its all sunshine and rainbows. The idea that the television show could become Terra Nova 2.0 (if it even gets made) and that you find yourself at the bottom of the cliff with the Sixth Gun "collectors" is unthinkable.

(thumbs u

Why is it that posts like this, that embrace caution, common sense, and reason, seem to be frowned upon by some people?

People that posted negative stuff are those ones that weren't able to buy the book at cover price. Sourgrapes! I know some people like that! Sadly they are in my circle. :gossip:

That always makes me lol

A negative opinion is only valid if you have a short box full and a positive opinion is only valid when you have none.

j4azc.jpg

But nah, its all sunshine and rainbows. The idea that the television show could become Terra Nova 2.0 (if it even gets made) and that you find yourself at the bottom of the cliff with the Sixth Gun "collectors" is unthinkable.

(thumbs u

Why is it that posts like this, that embrace caution, common sense, and reason, seem to be frowned upon by some people?

Because of... money!

I appreciate the balance. If all this thread consisted of was one comic book being hyped after another with no dissenting opinion, then that would be doing the community a great disservice IMHO.

Edited by rjrjr

Some people come here just to be negative, and honestly I'm not used to it yet.

And some people come here just to post false and/or misleading information just to make some money.

Can someone attach a negative Nancy picture for me? Thanks

<a  href=nancy-spungen.jpg' alt='nancy-spungen.jp

I got an IDW TMNT 5A for $4.50 this afternoon. That's what's hot

Spent $75 at the shop and the owner threw in a 44 A for free. Even hotter

I don't believe the BS hype about the issue's long term value and that's not gonna change. That's cool

He didn't lie about anything.

Claiming that 8802 didn't lie when he clearly did is in poor form. No need to muddy the issue for the entire forum just because 8802 is your buddy.

If you or 8802 could make the argument that he is not monetarily invested in a book in which he is trying to sell multiple slabbed copies for $200 then please do so.

Many people are watching this thread, and the majority of them probably don't care about this personal he said / she said dispute.

I guess it isn't going anywhere though, so... I guess we may as well derail the actual topic too

:makepoint:

I sure do wish this thread was actually about comics that are heating up on eBay...... :pullhair:

Good luck with that....these long in the tooth posting parties rarely end well.

Nobody is stopping either of you from posting modern books heating up on eBay.

doh!

And this is one example of many for why I banned darkstar from my sale threads a long time ago. He never stops.

In the interest of full disclosure maybe you should mention that you and 8802 are both in charge of the slabbing service that is run on his google plus site.

In regards to your sales threads, I asked you to post pictures for $1000 worth of Sixth Gun books. You wanted someone to buy 1k worth of unslabbed books without pictures or scans. Get real.

He didn't lie about anything.

Claiming that 8802 didn't lie when he clearly did is in poor form. No need to muddy the issue for the entire forum just because 8802 is your buddy.

If you or 8802 could make the argument that he is not monetarily invested in a book in which he is trying to sell multiple slabbed copies for $200 then please do so.

You going to point out where I don't credit sources or are we going to continue ignoring points and talking about what you want?

(thumbs u

Because of... money!

I appreciate the balance. If all this thread consisted of was one comic book being hyped after another with no dissenting opinion, then that would be doing the community a great disservice IMHO.

It was sort of a rhetorical question, but, yeah, to expand on your post, if all we had was cheerleaders, perspectives and bank accounts would be quickly lost. (thumbs u