• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

Tim Drake is so damn awesome.

Stupid Meltzer.

I can't wait for TD to become "the next hot thing", and then have people arguing over whether his first appearance is #436 or #440.

:cloud9:

It's 436 isn't it? And 442 being the 1st one of him as Robin. No slabbed 9.8;s of either on the bay right now aside from a 442 SS

436 is notorious for spine ticks on that black cover......esp on the back.

I've been looking for a 9.8 436 for freaking ever...

What is Thunder #12?

Thor: God of Thunder #12, first appearance of Roz Solomon, Thor's new love interest, Agent of Shield and #1 contender for the true identity of the female Thor.

So, Thor gave her the hammer?

New characters in Darth 3

1st droid (CP-30 lookalike)

Name: 000 or triple zero

Protocol Droid specializing in etiquette, translations and torture

2nd droid (R2-D2 lookalike)

It’s a Astromech

Name: BT-1 (blastomech prototype)

Looks like a astromech but is actually a specialized assassin droid

Doctor Aphra

Darth wants her to build an army for him, she seems to specialize in getting armaments on a contract basis. Absolutely no mention of relationship to Darth and appear to meet here for the first time

I still have over 100 copies of Darth Vader 3 on my shelf...but I did just put a limit of 1 per local customer... I sold completely out of 1 and 2 and will sell out of this too, but strange that folks are speculating on it lol

fyi...I am not offering this comic for sale, so please don't pm me...I have enough stock for my locals only...just reporting

PM incoming...

:roflmao:

New characters in Darth 3

1st droid (CP-30 lookalike)

Name: 000 or triple zero

Protocol Droid specializing in etiquette, translations and torture

2nd droid (R2-D2 lookalike)

It’s a Astromech

Name: BT-1 (blastomech prototype)

Looks like a astromech but is actually a specialized assassin droid

Doctor Aphra

Darth wants her to build an army for him, she seems to specialize in getting armaments on a contract basis. Absolutely no mention of relationship to Darth and appear to meet here for the first time

First real info - thanks! Sounds like it could be a decent story, but the character sounds about as collectible (based on what we now know, Gillen could go anywhere with it) as the 1st appearance of Moff Tarkin.

That's right... I referenced Moff Tarkin in a post without having to look it up, I'm a little proud of myself.

Stupid Meltzer.

I can't wait for TD to become "the next hot thing", and then have people arguing over whether his first appearance is #436 or #440.

Watch them Bats 436 explode soon.

Actually it was a fun read, I did find her

kind of meek, a lot of crouching and cowering , and yes sir Mr Vader, not what you would expect looking at the cover.Hopefully with time we will see more of her personality. Like someone said she is a rogue archaeologist and will certainly get into some interesting places in the galaxy

. I will be adding this book to my pull

funny that some people who are selling Thor 12 have Jane Foster in the heading.

I was recently informed that no one reads comics, nothing to see here, SOP, FUBAR, move along.

I have it, cause I pulled that series, and found her and that storyline pretty irritating. Basically its just environmentalist propaganda masquerading as a Thor story. Such a big drop in quality and relevance from the series up to that point, with the Godbomb storyline.

Edited by CBT

funny that some people who are selling Thor 12 have Jane Foster in the heading.

I was recently informed that no one reads comics, nothing to see here, SOP, FUBAR, move along.

I have it, cause I pulled that series, and found her and that storyline pretty irritating. Basically its just environmentalist propaganda masquerading as a Thor story. Such a big drop in quality and relevance from the series up to that point, with the Godbomb storyline.

I dropped the book after God Bomb, felt that arc went on too long personally.

I dropped the book after God Bomb, felt that arc went on too long personally.

Yah, I agree somewhat, but it had a lot of good parts mixed in through out. Its nice to see writers inventing a lot of new stuff instead of just rehashing.

I almost dropped it too, because of the hard propaganda push on the roz story, but I have been pulling Thor continuously since the 2007 series started. But man, it was like drinking cod liver oil when that story started lol.

I am still pulling thor, but I am almost a year behind in my reading.

Edited by CBT

If you only had one copy of Tim Drake's first appearance as Batman beyond, would you flip or keep? Or keep for a while longer then flip? I'm leaning toward keep.

The pattern for books that get hot quickly is to rise a lot, peak, pull back a bit, and then either settle and rise again, or go into slow decline. I think this book would more likely be the former.

If you sell and make money, and then buy back in during a pull back, the difference between the two would be your profit. If the prices involved and your expected price differential between selling and pullback is too small to make it worth bothering... than just keep it. If you think that difference will be big, than sell.

Personally, if my copy of a hot book is 9.4 or less (for a modern), I dont see it as hard to get back if I "HAVE" to have one. If your copy is a 9.8 or better type book, and getting one back means paying a premium, I tend towards not bothering to sell. Unless you think its going to straight up crash.

For example, I bought Peter Panzerfaust #1 for <$10, slabbed it myself to 9.8, and sold it for close to $500. The last sale was $224 for the same book, so even if I bought it back, thats over $250 profit. With that level of difference, obviously its always worth it to sell.

Edited by CBT

Stupid Meltzer.

That will work . (thumbs u