• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

or people are just plain dumb
Or the seller is a genius and bought out the print run before spreading Terry's article all over the Internet. Now he can supply all the speculators as they sell to each other.

A little of both I imagine.

Yup, this guy obviously noticed a pattern when he listed sets of 10s & 5s and they were gone within hours of listing. So now it seems that he's trying to make the most while still keeping his price the lowest on the Bay...

This happens on ebay ALL THE TIME with dealers. A few months ago I pointed out a seller that had sets of EOSV#1-5 for 15.00 a set. SHIPPED!

This was when EOSV #2 was going for approximately $15-20 a copy. Needless to say, the seller has sold all his stock within hours.. It went from 15 to 20 to 40.. I think he sold well over a 100 sets..

Just gotta look and youll find them

Sets of End Game without the Combo Pack are selling pretty well...I think the Combo pack is just boosted by a popular run of Batman.

Agree. I havent read any of the End Game books, but there seems to be a serious buzz over these. Curious, does the story changes anything or introduces new characters in the Batman continuity?

Sets of End Game without the Combo Pack are selling pretty well...I think the Combo pack is just boosted by a popular run of Batman.

Agree. I havent read any of the End Game books, but there seems to be a serious buzz over these. Curious, does the story changes anything or introduces new characters in the Batman continuity?

Not really. It's a good Joker story. I just finished 38 and there has been some possible insight into the history of the Joker. Haven't had a chance to crack open 39 yet, so I'm not sure if anything is debunked or if anything new is introduced.

Not really. It's a good Joker story. I just finished 38 and there has been some possible insight into the history of the Joker. Haven't had a chance to crack open 39 yet, so I'm not sure if anything is debunked or if anything new is introduced.

New Joker origin, so it really changes a lot that has been known about him up to this point.

New Joker origin, so it really changes a lot that has been known about him up to this point.

I like it. I haven't paid attention to how the die-hard batman/joker fans are reacting to it, but it's pretty cool.

Or the seller is a genius and bought out the print run before spreading Terry's article all over the Internet. Now he can supply all the speculators as they sell to each other.

^^

Imagine that a speculator's site being duped or collaborating with a seller.

Surely not possible.

Yeah I said it.

Edited by Fastballspecial

Arcane Comics wouldn't do that. They've always had a ton of copies of the combo pack issues, but have lately been selling a lot more of them than usual, so they checked the completed sales on eBay and bumped their prices up. Nothing wrong with that, its a good shop.

But hey look at this:

http://comicbookinvest.com/category/market-report/top-10/

Last 3 books mentioned in this thread:

Batman 35 combo pack. Check.

Justice League 1 2nd print combo pack. Check.

Batman Annual 2. Check.

So lets stop pretending its all a result of a natural increase in demand for these issues.

Arcane Comics wouldn't do that. They've always had a ton of copies of the combo pack issues, but have lately been selling a lot more of them than usual, so they checked the completed sales on eBay and bumped their prices up. Nothing wrong with that, its a good shop.

But hey look at this:

http://comicbookinvest.com/category/market-report/top-10/

Last 3 books mentioned in this thread:

Batman 35 combo pack. Check.

Justice League 1 2nd print combo pack. Check.

Batman Annual 2. Check.

So lets stop pretending its all a result of a natural increase in demand for these issues.

Only comics that might be natural increase would be GA/SA...everything else is rabid speculation

Edited by krighton