• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

Hmmm

There should clearly be a better combo pack rather then 35...no idea why that one would be hot lol

If you read the Marvel Previews you can predict whats going to happen at the end of end game, which is going to make that book epic.

Looks like larry is still butthurt for getting banned from cbsi, at least thats how you come across at times.

The market has spoken, they love the current end game arc. Issue 35 starts end game and is also a new origin of the Joker, look at suicide squad 6/7 new harley origin, those two are still selling over cover. Bats 35 will sell too, the thing i dont understand ia why the 1 in 25 or la mole covers havent picked up heat. Bats 35 combo is selling for a reason, if the print run was huge as larry claims it is, it wouldnt be selling for over $10. How many have you guys found out in the wild, curious.

batman annual 1, mr freeze origin also sells for over cover, green arrow 0 also sells over cover, see the trend? People like origin issues.

The market hasn't "spoken", some people are just born suckers. See what the market has to say about the combo packs in a year, or even 6 months. Then you can crow all you want

I agree.

The market has 'spoken' a great deal lately, but a lot of it has been the equivalent of Tourette's syndrome - sudden, loud, unsustained verbal outbursts. :grin:

lol

Wytches, Manifest Destiny, Sixth Gun, Nowhere Men, Black Beetle, Spider-Gwen... the market spoke loud and clear

If you're into the combo pack thing for a fast pump and dump, more power to you, but if you expect them to sustain any value long term, or even mid term, you will be left holding the bagged.

I disagree. I see combo packs as a long loooong term investment. If hoarding is your business - thats what you may wanna speculate in. You disagree. I get it. But if you had a crystal ball would you see 35 cent "variants" as collectibles?

Lets get all the facts straight and leave our personal opinions out; Combo packs are printed in the low thousands. They ARE variants.

Combo Pakcs are DEFINITELY not heating up. There are over 600 of them available on the bay for less than cover no one seems to buy them.

When combo packs will be highly sought after, trust me you will know

All good points here. You are right combo packs are not heating up. For me now is the perfect time to start hoarding combo pack keys and trust me, there aren't that many. I suspect the poorly received New 52 will go down as one of the most unsuccessful eras in comics. Despite some exceptions; Animal Man, Justice League 3000, Swamp Thing, I Vampire, Multiversity, selected Batman titles and a few others, it's been an underwhelming venture for DC. Granted I know nothing of sales numbers and the New 52 may very well be a financial success but critically it's been :censored: Between the New 52 and Helix I cannot decide which I want to disappear more.

Wait..wouldnt you want to collect the Previews that has those combo packs in them?

:baiting:

If the issue of Previews was itself a polybagged combo pack then yes.

Deadpool #14 heating up with the Ajax announcement

Everywhere I look it stats that Hulk 379 is the 1st Ajax (shrug)

Different Ajax's.

This is the one you're talking about.

http://marvel.wikia.com/Ajax_(Pantheon)_(Earth-616)

This is the one that will appear in the film.

http://marvel.wikia.com/Ajax_(Francis)_(Earth-616)

It is becoming too hard to track all of the price spikes/movie and tv related 1st apps now. Looks like I have to reprice the Deadpool box I put together for a small show a couple of weeks ago now. lol

14 - 1st appearance. Two panels, in shadow. Has dialogue.

15 - Appears in fewer than 10 panels all in shadow. Has dialogue, is called Ajax.

16 - Appears on one page where he introduces himself. Fully seen for the first time.

17 - 1st cover appearance, first "full" appearance. Appears on several pages, has dialogue, plays chess while torturing a guy.

It seems logical to me that the reason Batman #35 combo pack is selling for so much is because the regular cover is considered a key issue with value and therefore collectors will usually pay more for a limited print run variant of a key issue. Seems simple enough. If #35 stays as a key issue with value than the combo pack version will therefore also hold its value long term.

It seems logical to me that the reason Batman #35 combo pack is selling for so much is because the regular cover is considered a key issue with value and therefore collectors will usually pay more for a limited print run variant of a key issue. Seems simple enough. If #35 stays as a key issue with value than the combo pack version will therefore also hold its value long term.

The problem with that argument is that single-digit Batman issues that sell for a similar, or higher, price than issue 35, don't have combo-pack counterparts that sell close to 40 dollars or above. The combo-packs for Batman 5-9 don't even sell for 30 bucks. Neither does issue 13 with the start of Death of the Family. Nor do you see a frenetic uptick in the con exclusive NYC or La Mole variants for issue 35. One of them features the same art as the first print / combopack and the other has entirely new art, so that isn't it.

Deadpool #14 heating up with the Ajax announcement

Everywhere I look it stats that Hulk 379 is the 1st Ajax (shrug)

Different Ajax's.

This is the one you're talking about.

http://marvel.wikia.com/Ajax_(Pantheon)_(Earth-616)

This is the one that will appear in the film.

http://marvel.wikia.com/Ajax_(Francis)_(Earth-616)

Is Ajax going to be the big super-powered bad of the movie?

Makes sense, if so.

Anything hot hitting the shelves today? Convergence gets started which is exciting...

I see that Kanan the Padawan didn't take off like Darth Vader #3, but I still got one copy last week. Don't mind gambling and losing $4 to the LCBS two weeks after winning the TMNT #44 lottery ;)