• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,791 posts in this topic

Or just buy everything from MCS instead of wasting time calling and driving around. It will cost you the same thing.

I've ordered from them a handful of times and have NEVER received "NM" copies of books. they always have what looks like pre-shipping corner dings like they dropped the books before they even shipped them.

Or just buy everything from MCS instead of wasting time calling and driving around. It will cost you the same thing.

I've ordered from them a handful of times and have NEVER received "NM" copies of books. they always have what looks like pre-shipping corner dings like they dropped the books before they even shipped them.

I've ordered from them twice. I would say the vast majority of books fall into 9.2-9.4 for me from them. Just a couple lower, and none higher. But I know I was hoping at least some of them would be ....better.

TMNT 44 seems to be holding very steady since it peaked last week.

Retailer Incentive is approaching $200. great art, good story.

Since we know Don isn't quite dead yet with issue #45 previews, I thought the book would decline but it only got stronger last few days.

There was little to no publicity drumming up the event in the issue so the low print run is helping this I imagine.

Regardless of Donatello's fate I think its safe to say this book is a huge key for TMNT fans!

This book still has room to grow. If for any reason, because it wasn't a gimmick. sold what, 7,000 copies??

Since we know Don isn't quite dead yet with issue #45 previews, I thought the book would decline but it only got stronger last few days.

There was little to no publicity drumming up the event in the issue so the low print run is helping this I imagine.

Regardless of Donatello's fate I think its safe to say this book is a huge key for TMNT fans!

This book still has room to grow. If for any reason, because it wasn't a gimmick. sold what, 7,000 copies??

Someone tried to start an argument with me on a facebook group when I suggested that whether Donnie died or not, this would be a key book. Think of it like TMNT's version of The Killing Joke. The brutality of the attack on him was shocking and not something that will be quickly forgotten, IMO.

It does still remain a hot comic. I sold one this week for $30. The auction had a starting bid of $15 and a BIN and someone took the BIN (second time this has happened with TMNT 44 for me) instead of waiting to see if they could get it cheaper.

I have the RI still, think I will hold on to it.

According to print run numbers for #43, it was just under 15,000 copies. Given that #44 had no hype it would be safe to assume the order # was approximately the same amount. The Retailer Incentive would therefore be approximately 1,500 copies as it was a 1:10 variant. Very scarce for a TMNT key event, whether he lives or not.

According to print run numbers for #43, it was just under 15,000 copies. Given that #44 had no hype it would be safe to assume the order # was approximately the same amount. The Retailer Incentive would therefore be approximately 1,500 copies as it was a 1:10 variant. Very scarce for a TMNT key event, whether he lives or not.

I would guess less.

This is where the retailer variant math really falls apart.

My small store orders 5, mainly for a few subscription people. And being a... not super hot title, it's very likely you could have a good 1500 stores that order, on average 3 to 7 copies, let's average it to 5 - for a total of 7500 copies....NONE of which would get the retailer incentive....

Leaving only 7500 more copies that COULD possibly get one....(less than that, because the print run is actually 14, 551)

As a side note - Turtle fans have been saying this series is really good...

I would guess less.

This is where the retailer variant math really falls apart.

My small store orders 5, mainly for a few subscription people. And being a... not super hot title, it's very likely you could have a good 1500 stores that order, on average 3 to 7 copies, let's average it to 5 - for a total of 7500 copies....NONE of which would get the retailer incentive....

Leaving only 7500 more copies that COULD possibly get one....(less than that, because the print run is actually 14, 551)

As a side note - Turtle fans have been saying this series is really good...

There's another aspect to Retailer Incentives that is often overlooked.

The 1:10 rules (1:20, 1:50, whatever) are the rules for how a Retailer can obtain the book.

The Publisher can print as many as they want... and they often print more because they have their own needs, there is overrun for damages, they make sure their artists and writers can get copies, they want their marketing department to have them, etc.

The publisher doesn't have any print run rules. They always do whatever they want.