• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,791 posts in this topic

Hulk 13 was a total bust for me. I found a couple at my LCBS when everyone else was out. Put them up on eBay, but didn't get any interest. Yet. I will wait 15 years until someone needs to plug a hole in their collection and then make my $5 back.

(shrug)

They're selling for $8ish on the bay

TMNT 44 seems to be holding very steady since it peaked last week.

Retailer Incentive is approaching $200. great art, good story.

Since we know Don isn't quite dead yet with issue #45 previews, I thought the book would decline but it only got stronger last few days.

There was little to no publicity drumming up the event in the issue so the low print run is helping this I imagine.

Regardless of Donatello's fate I think its safe to say this book is a huge key for TMNT fans!

This book still has room to grow. If for any reason, because it wasn't a gimmick. sold what, 7,000 copies??

"Donnie, sadly, is a casualty of war..."

http://wethenerdy.com/death-in-the-family-an-interview-with-tom-waltz/

TMNT 44 seems to be holding very steady since it peaked last week.

Retailer Incentive is approaching $200. great art, good story.

Since we know Don isn't quite dead yet with issue #45 previews, I thought the book would decline but it only got stronger last few days.

There was little to no publicity drumming up the event in the issue so the low print run is helping this I imagine.

Regardless of Donatello's fate I think its safe to say this book is a huge key for TMNT fans!

This book still has room to grow. If for any reason, because it wasn't a gimmick. sold what, 7,000 copies??

"Donnie, sadly, is a casualty of war..."

http://wethenerdy.com/death-in-the-family-an-interview-with-tom-waltz/

Maybe the actual death issue is further down the line...he might linger for a bit and then die.

The word casualty is also used for when someone has an injury. It isn't exclusively used for death.

+1

I posted a link to the article. Didn't think it would be necessary to copy / paste the whole interview.

"...one of the good guys who has sacrificed his very existence to protect others."

Does he come out and say, yea, he's dead. No, but he is really pushing the storyline hard and ultimately he wants / needs to sell comics.

We will know soon enough.

What's with the prices on What If Venom possessed Deadpool? Never even heard of it until today when I noticed it on the bay.

Raw has been fetching around the $60-$100 range and slabbed is anywhere from $200 on up depending on the sigs.

What's with the prices on What If Venom possessed Deadpool? Never even heard of it until today when I noticed it on the bay.

Raw has been fetching around the $60-$100 range and slabbed is anywhere from $200 on up depending on the sigs.

Thanks but I'm curious as to why (It's a What If)? Is it just because it has Venom and Deadpool? Just wondering what the hype is or if its scarce before I go to my LCS and dig through boxes? lol

Thanks but I'm curious as to why (It's a What If)? Is it just because it has Venom and Deadpool? Just wondering what the hype is or if its scarce before I go to my LCS and dig through boxes? lol

It was a reprint of a multi-part backup story in What If that has a very low print run (probably because it's a reprint). So, popular characters combined with low print run will do it. It's been popular for a while, so I wouldn't expect to find one in the wild unless you're in a low-traveled area.

It was a reprint of a multi-part backup story in What If that has a very low print run (probably because it's a reprint). So, popular characters combined with low print run will do it. It's been popular for a while, so I wouldn't expect to find one in the wild unless you're in a low-traveled area.

Thanks

Hulk 13 was a total bust for me. I found a couple at my LCBS when everyone else was out. Put them up on eBay, but didn't get any interest. Yet. I will wait 15 years until someone needs to plug a hole in their collection and then make my $5 back.

(shrug)

They're selling for $8ish on the bay

I just got a bidder on one! So I guess I just have to complain about stuff in order to get bids then...

Aren't reprints inherently have small print runs? Back in the day (at least in the early 90's), comics that are not 1st prints are not typically sought after. People want the actual first printing. Times have definitely changed!