• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,791 posts in this topic

it was flipped twice at $50 prior to those listings.

combo packs are speculated on. theyre not trending yet.

Yea but those $50 sales were still sealed copies, the stuff the guys are buying in bulk are opened.

Could be a factor.

I have never seen a difference between being sealed or not. Since CGC takes the book out of the plastic seal why would it matter if the combo pack comes with its wrap or not? The condition of the book would seem to matter more to me.

Let it go he wont get it.

Yea but those $50 sales were still sealed copies, the stuff the guys are buying in bulk are opened.

Could be a factor.

I have never seen a difference between being sealed or not. Since CGC takes the book out of the plastic seal why would it matter if the combo pack comes with its wrap or not? The condition of the book would seem to matter more to me.

Let it go he wont get it.

:sorry:

Seems like #212 was short printed .. each of my lcs got 1 or 2 copies at most

Here we go.. Let the GI Joe 212 market discussion begin.....

..NOW

HITTING THE LCS'S Nooooooow :fear:

Edited by krighton

Returning to the discussion of Batman: End Game, I knew they were heating up, but had no idea how much. I bought a set of the regular covers 35-39 at my LCS (who were selling the set for $9.99, plus 25% discount, so only $7.50...knew I couldn't lose at that price). Threw them up on eBay at 19.99 and rolled the dice. They ended at $66. I had no clue.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331515364696?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649

Bidder was 0% FB but the paid right away, books shipped and were delivered, haven't had any issue so far.

Not tooting my own horn, just giving a heads up, these things are apparently going nuts. After that auction ended I ran out to my local shops to see if I could put a couple more sets together, but 36 was the only non-variant I could find in the wild. I didn't bother with the variant covers (Harley, Flash, etc) because I wasn't sure if they'd have the same result. I think that the people that really want these probably want the "real" covers.

Anyway, happy hunting!

It wasn't short printed, non-regular readers bought all the copies not held for subscribers because they were led to believe it featured the death of Snake Eyes. Its issue 212, I'm pretty sure IDW has figured out what the monthly demand for that series is by now.

Could be a factor.

Because most collectors don't care about slabbed books. And collectors of anything are usually anal retentive and want whatever it is they collect to be exactly as it was originally produced. So if the book originally came polybagged they want the thing to stay polybagged. Also, as stupid as it sounds, when a book remains polybagged you can convince yourself that it is in a better condition than it actually is because its still sealed and untouched by outside forces.

Returning to the discussion of Batman: End Game, I knew they were heating up, but had no idea how much. I bought a set of the regular covers 35-39 at my LCS (who were selling the set for $9.99, plus 25% discount, so only $7.50...knew I couldn't lose at that price). Threw them up on eBay at 19.99 and rolled the dice. They ended at $66. I had no clue.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331515364696?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649

Bidder was 0% FB but the paid right away, books shipped and were delivered, haven't had any issue so far.

Not tooting my own horn, just giving a heads up, these things are apparently going nuts. After that auction ended I ran out to my local shops to see if I could put a couple more sets together, but 36 was the only non-variant I could find in the wild. I didn't bother with the variant covers (Harley, Flash, etc) because I wasn't sure if they'd have the same result. I think that the people that really want these probably want the "real" covers.

Anyway, happy hunting!

Thanks for the heads up. It's been a good read. I'll have to throw mine up this weekend.

I think you mean short ordered. How many does your shop normally receive?

Probably .. few of the shop I visit usually will order at least 10 to get the incentive but the order been winding down to less than a handful

So this guy is going to have to sell alot of Convergence #0's to make his money back.

Convergence #0 Hughes Variant

Seems he bought 2000 Copies to get the 20 Variants on the floor.

Risk Reward Good Luck Sir

Nothing says "rare" like a photo of 20 books on the floor.

Nothing says, "I can wait for prices to drop" like a photo of 20 books on the floor.

insufficiently_thoughtful_person.

So this guy is going to have to sell alot of Convergence #0's to make his money back.

Nothing says, "I can wait for prices to drop" like a photo of 20 books on the floor.

at least he also put spider-gwen in the title.

buy it, read it, return it when you don't see spider-gwen inside.

Don't worry, he's only selling 3. (:

Possibly, but I didn't buy any regular cover and I was able to pre-order the variant. It would take a lot of juggling accounts to get that many though.

Don't worry, he's only selling 3. (:

Possibly, but I didn't buy any regular cover and I was able to pre-order the variant. It would take a lot of juggling accounts to get that many though.

Is the AH variant has production defect? all copies i'd seen has a crease by GA Catwoman's arm