• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

It has a great Skottie Young cover

The cover is definitely catchy. Story any good? The reason I'm asking is because my LCS have one for $100!!

Buy the individual comics if you're more interested in the story.

Great cover indeed, one of Skottie's really nice ones' outside of the baby stuff.

Story is terrible though.

or people are just plain dumb
Or the seller is a genius and bought out the print run before spreading Terry's article all over the Internet. Now he can supply all the speculators as they sell to each other.

A little of both I imagine.

Arcane Comics wouldn't do that. They've always had a ton of copies of the combo pack issues, but have lately been selling a lot more of them than usual, so they checked the completed sales on eBay and bumped their prices up. Nothing wrong with that, its a good shop.

But hey look at this:

http://comicbookinvest.com/category/market-report/top-10/

Last 3 books mentioned in this thread:

Batman 35 combo pack. Check.

Justice League 1 2nd print combo pack. Check.

Batman Annual 2. Check.

So lets stop pretending its all a result of a natural increase in demand for these issues.

Only comics that might be natural increase would be GA/SA

I meant in regards to the buyers actually caring about the cover art. Or the interior. As my previous post pointed out, the buyers of this issue care about neither, as there are far cheaper alternatives.

The book is the result of the hype-master general doing what he does. Throwing out false print runs to push the book. Combo packs seeing a lower number of copies being printed that 1:000 incentive variants? Get real. He has no idea what the print run on the book is, and I'll gladly take Larry's word over his, since Larry actually, you know, runs a store.

Paying anywhere close to 40 dollars for the book is insanity and since there is no sound reason to buy the book other that an alleged low print run, how long is the book going to maintain a 40 dollar price point?

Or the seller is a genius and bought out the print run before spreading Terry's article all over the Internet. Now he can supply all the speculators as they sell to each other.

Arcane Comics wouldn't do that. They've always had a ton of copies of the combo pack issues, but have lately been selling a lot more of them than usual, so they checked the completed sales on eBay and bumped their prices up. Nothing wrong with that, its a good shop.

But hey look at this:

Batman Annual 2. Check.

So lets stop pretending its all a result of a natural increase in demand for these issues.

Hey, I can assure you I have no affiliation with no one. None.

I dont even know why I have to explain myself before posting this, but I guess I want to make sure that people are aware that Im as neutral as possible with my speculations.

All my research is done from spending more time than I should on the Bay, please dont tell my boss.

If Im reading it right the list you included above was compiled on April 3rd.

Outstanding sales for Batman 35 & JLA #1 2nd print combos were reported on the bay earlier last month. Just making sure we get all facts out here, that's all. Not looking to start any war with anyone

But hey look at this:

Batman Annual 2. Check.

Only comics that might be natural increase would be GA/SA

I meant in regards to the buyers actually caring about the cover art. Or the interior. As my previous post pointed out, the buyers of this issue care about neither, as there are far cheaper alternatives.

The book is the result of the hype-master general doing what he does. Throwing out false print runs to push the book. Combo packs seeing a lower number of copies being printed that 1:000 incentive variants? Get real. He has no idea what the print run on the book is, and I'll gladly take Larry's word over his, since Larry actually, you know, runs a store.

Paying anywhere close to 40 dollars for the book is insanity and since there is no sound reason to buy the book other that an alleged low print run, how long is the book going to maintain a 40 dollar price point?

You still have to have people who want it in the long run, and I don't see a book like this falling into that category.

But hey look at this:

Batman Annual 2. Check.

I dont even know why I have to explain myself before posting this, but I guess I want to make sure that people are aware that Im as neutral as possible with my speculations.

All my research is done from spending more time than I should on the Bay, please dont tell my boss.

Outstanding sales for Batman 35 & JLA #1 2nd print combos were reported on the bay earlier last month. Just making sure we get all facts out here, that's all. Not looking to start any war with anyone

My issue isn't with you or your discussion/speculation in regards to the new 52 combo packs. You brought it up in this thread which is why I'm addressing you. All I'm saying is that there is a lot of bad information out there in regards to these issues and to look before you leap.

But hey look at this:

Batman Annual 2. Check.

My issue isn't with you or your discussion/speculation in regards to the new 52 combo packs. You brought it up in this thread which is why I'm addressing you. All I'm saying is that there is a lot of bad information out there in regards to these issues and to look before you leap.

I agree.. I just dont think that the bats 35 and jla 2nd have much to do with misinformation. JLA 1 2nd is a rare book regardless of combo pack variant or not, I would imagine that a lower print variant of the same cover would make it more desirable by collectors. Same is more or less true with Batman 35, its a 10-15 book albeit of a short print run. The fact that a low print variant is out there will just make it more lucrative with collectors I assume.

I also agree that Arcane comics is a great seller.. He sells alot of books and wouldnt jeopardize his reputation with stiffing buyers on a book.

well, I might have missed someone else's post but looks like

Raphael #1 is going to start heating up again.

Its the first appearance of Casey Jones and 1st picture of turtles as a team among other things going for it.

And Stephen Amell (Green Arrow tv show) has signed up for Casey Jones!!

I'd also like to add that finding TMNT 41,42,43,44 (entire Technodrome story invloving Death/crippling of Donatello) is very hard to find as well. I wasn't expecting the sudden spike for the full story but it makes sense given the low print run of these books.

I was out bid at $45 for 4 books (41-44)!! and a current bid on 37-44 is already at 56.

In fact finding most of that IDW Turtles run 1-44 is much tougher than it should be. I didn't realize the print run was so low. and its really really good. same with the Image turtles run..

so turtles are officially hot folks.

Speaking of End Game I noticed that on MCS Batman Annual 2 was $3.70 now $6(1st Eric Boeder).. Could this book blow up and can anyone let me know where to find them cheaper online?

The Eric Border angle was pretty cool until the most recent revelations about the Joker surfaced. Unless the clown prince is playing another joke on us all Snyder has completely lost me. I do not see a ton of heat behind Border's first now or in the future unless this awful story sorts itself out.

But hey look at this:

Batman Annual 2. Check.

I agree.. I just dont think that the bats 35 and jla 2nd have much to do with misinformation. JLA 1 2nd is a rare book regardless of combo pack variant or not, I would imagine that a lower print variant of the same cover would make it more desirable by collectors. Same is more or less true with Batman 35, its a 10-15 book albeit of a short print run. The fact that a low print variant is out there will just make it more lucrative with collectors I assume.

I also agree that Arcane comics is a great seller.. He sells alot of books and wouldnt jeopardize his reputation with stiffing buyers on a book.

This is the only combo pack I would pay a premium for:

batman-7-combo-pack-dc-relaunch-new-52-_zpsnfg2uh8s.jpg

well, I might have missed someone else's post but looks like

Raphael #1 is going to start heating up again.

Its the first appearance of Casey Jones and 1st picture of turtles as a team among other things going for it.

And Stephen Amell (Green Arrow tv show) has signed up for Casey Jones!!

I'd also like to add that finding TMNT 41,42,43,44 (entire Technodrome story invloving Death/crippling of Donatello) is very hard to find as well. I wasn't expecting the sudden spike for the full story but it makes sense given the low print run of these books.

I was out bid at $45 for 4 books (41-44)!! and a current bid on 37-44 is already at 56.

In fact finding most of that IDW Turtles run 1-44 is much tougher than it should be. I didn't realize the print run was so low. and its really really good. same with the Image turtles run..

so turtles are officially hot folks.

so IDW is on a death wish since it sells issues... first they kill Donatello... now Snake Eyes... im keeping my eye on My Little Pony : Friendship is Magic... my gut tells me Rainbow Dash or Twilight Sparkle is headed to the glue factory next lol...

I will never understand the "killing" of massively popular characters...

I know the sales uptick for a short time, but how many sales are lost because there are no Wolverine books out there, or no GI Joes with Snake Eyes.

I know the industry seems to have turned into a "what are the sales right now" market, but I miss Wolvie.

There. I said it.

And Snake Eyes?!?!? I don't read Joe books, but that one hurts my feelings... He is on the Ultimate Badass list.

Wolverine and Snake Eyes, both dead. If they kill Batman, I am done with Modern Marvel and DC, lol ....