• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

I know the seller. It looked flawless, but with the polybag you can't see everything.

He didn't take it out beforehand. He let CGC remove it for him.

sending these without pressing first will surely knock it off the 9.8 mark.. unless cgc treats an unbagged combo as imperfect?

Pressing as in "PRESSING"!?

You mean actually pressing a minty-fresh modern straight out of the bag?

Is that common or is there something about this issue that necessitates pressing?

???

Combo pack are notoriously known for having been poorly treated at the manufacturing stage. Some could easily be fixed by proper pressing

Her first appearance as female Thor What if 10

Yup. Making all copies of Thor: God of Thunder #25, Avengers #30 & Thor #1 worthless. lol

I will buy every first print copy of Thor 1 you have for cover price

Yup. Making all copies of Thor: God of Thunder #25, Avengers #30 & Thor #1 worthless. lol

It definitely sucks for all who loaded up on those books, At least for the moment. I think the value will depend on what they do with the series. If everything reboots as is stated in this article

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/05/11/g-willow-wilson-supposed-to-say-jumping-on-point-not-reboot-for-marvel/

...and we go back to male Thor, I think it will probably do what Superior Spider-man did when Peter came back. If she sticks around, all bets are off. I don't get why Marvel keeps doing the reboots. At some point, you think their base would pick up on it. (shrug)

Marvel could easily do something with Roz Solomon. Could be the next Wolverine, Hulk, Warlock, heck by next week could be the new female Thor.

Bite your tongue sir. NOT Warlock!!!

Not really...

They're all going to be in demand this summer.

What if #10 is THE Key.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/07/30/speculator-corner-avengers-30-your-first-female-thor/

Marvel could easily do something with Roz Solomon. Could be the next Wolverine, Hulk, Warlock, heck by next week could be the new female Thor.

...or Rom, or Power Man, or Iron Fist, or Silver Surfer, or.....well, anybody. :grin:

...or Rom, or Power Man, or Iron Fist, or Silver Surfer, or.....well, anybody. :grin:

Rom Solomon! :idea:

It definitely sucks for all who loaded up on those books, At least for the moment. I think the value will depend on what they do with the series. If everything reboots as is stated in this article

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/05/11/g-willow-wilson-supposed-to-say-jumping-on-point-not-reboot-for-marvel/

...and we go back to male Thor, I think it will probably do what Superior Spider-man did when Peter came back. If she sticks around, all bets are off. I don't get why Marvel keeps doing the reboots. At some point, you think their base would pick up on it. (shrug)

I don't think a reboot or renumbering or relaunch is going to necessarily lead to the re-introduction of a male Thor. Why spend months teasing the female Thor's identity, reveal it, and then a few issues later cast her aside? Especially when the book is doing alright in sales? Plus the pc police are going to be all over Marvel if they dump one of their female leads that quickly.

I don't think a reboot or renumbering or relaunch is going to necessarily lead to the re-introduction of a male Thor. Why spend months teasing the female Thor's identity, reveal it, and then a few issues later cast her aside? Especially when the book is doing alright in sales? Plus the pc police are going to be all over Marvel if they dump one of their female leads that quickly.

Female Thor is here to stay in comicdom :sumo: What If 10 in high grade will be a $100 book.

Not really...

They're all going to be in demand this summer.

What if #10 is THE Key.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/07/30/speculator-corner-avengers-30-your-first-female-thor/

it's the winning book for speculating on female thor, but I wouldnt call it a key.

She-thor, once the fad has worn off, will fade. Natalie Portman is not going to replace Chris Hemsworth as thor lol , though I could see them doing some sort of hat-tip to it. Likewise, Actual Thor will return to being thor in the comic books as well.

Black Captain America, and Female Thor are gimmicks that grab headlines, and get praise from the blogosphere, but they are like mini-reboots/renumbering. The sizzle fades, and like renumbering or "killing" a character, its a gimmick of diminishing returns.

Edit**

That's not to say she-thor wont stick around, but she wont be a big deal, nor a speculative value producer. The people touting her as out selling male thor are smoking crack. That's just speculators pushing up sales on a series none of them cared about before. Once the fad and money chasers are gone, female thor will not out sell male thor.....

Edited by CBT

If you are rebooting however, don't you want to give "new readers" the lead that you want them to remember going forward? If you are Marvel, would that be the Thor that is featured in toys, games, and movies, or a Thor that is not familiar to most people?

I'm not saying Marvel is going back to male Thor. But, if you are attempting to bring in new readers with your big summer event that entails at minimum a soft reboot, the male Thor does make the most sense.

Edited by rjrjr

Female Thor is here to stay in comicdom :sumo: What If 10 in high grade will be a $100 book.

By the Weekend.