• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,839 posts in this topic

Its just not that far of a stretch from MOS 17 to Web 18. Its just not for me. I can understand other taking the other side, but when you read Web 18 and then they introduce Venom(Later) how many of you didn't go back and look at Web 18.

Why? Everyone knows the answer even haters. I get the disagreement there just isn't enough evidence for me to come over to that side. I have enjoyed the back and forth.

Again the big difference is in MOS 17, there's really no arguing that those were not Doomsday fists. However, in Web 18, those hands are just too ordinary looking and there's no other supporting evidence that they belong to Eddie Brock / Venom. I know what you mean that it would make sense that they should belong to Venom, but what's stopping a writer from making a new villain tomorrow that knows Spider-Man's secret identity and can evade his spider sense? If that writer decides to reference back to Web 18 stating that this character has always been stalking or trying to kill him, that will throw a wrench to all the folks that bought the book thinking it was Venom. I'm not saying its not Eddie's Brocks hands nor can anyone officially say it belongs to him. It's just too vague to be considered a key.

Not even Marvel?

Well....technically, they forgot his appearance in #298, but hey...

And his Marital Status says single.

Am I mistaken in remembering he had a wife? hm

Ex. :gossip:

Does that mean she gets half of the symbiot?

Its just not that far of a stretch from MOS 17 to Web 18. Its just not for me. I can understand other taking the other side, but when you read Web 18 and then they introduce Venom(Later) how many of you didn't go back and look at Web 18.

Why? Everyone knows the answer even haters. I get the disagreement there just isn't enough evidence for me to come over to that side. I have enjoyed the back and forth.

Again the big difference is in MOS 17, there's really no arguing that those were not Doomsday fists. However, in Web 18, those hands are just too ordinary looking and there's no other supporting evidence that they belong to Eddie Brock / Venom. I know what you mean that it would make sense that they should belong to Venom, but what's stopping a writer from making a new villain tomorrow that knows Spider-Man's secret identity and can evade his spider sense? If that writer decides to reference back to Web 18 stating that this character has always been stalking or trying to kill him, that will throw a wrench to all the folks that bought the book thinking it was Venom. I'm not saying its not Eddie's Brocks hands nor can anyone officially say it belongs to him. It's just too vague to be considered a key.

Not even Marvel?

Well....technically, they forgot his appearance in #298, but hey...

And his Marital Status says single.

Am I mistaken in remembering he had a wife? hm

Ex. :gossip:

Does that mean she gets half of the symbiot?

Half of the arm out of the window. lol

I recently rewatched trapped in the closet.

Someone needs to pay R Kelly to do a superhero movie soundtrack.

tumblr_mxfgsdmXl01rcoly3o1_400_zpsn5lybere.gif

Its all about Chapter 19.

"GOD TOLD ME PIMP LUCIOUS THAT YOU WANTED TO CHANGE YOUR LIFE AND YOU WANTED TO STOP PIMPING ALL THESE HOES"

R Kelly superhero universe outside of Batman and Robin Gotham City Theme song.

This weeks flavor is J.Scott Campbell's Silk #3.

Next weeks is Captain Marvel #1 by Hughes, and Poison Ivy: Circle of Life and Death #1 by Dodson.

Both are now at selling $60.00 pre-release.

Are they really? Wow had no idea, but yes I agree with you

This week is not only silk 3 1:25 but also WD 150 retailer and power rangers 0 1:50 and 1:100. Started my power ranger sets on ebay at 0.99 cent and both are getting some love.

Edited by Santos208

This weeks flavor is J.Scott Campbell's Silk #3.

Next weeks is Captain Marvel #1 by Hughes, and Poison Ivy: Circle of Life and Death #1 by Dodson.

Both are now at selling $60.00 pre-release.

CM is not his best work IMHO. Same for the Dodson variant. I was able to get a 9.8 Silk #3 1:25 through a friend, but I don't think it's JSCs' best work either. Man I'm picky.

i wish Silk was hotter too. She's getting there, and this Campbell cover will revive some interest in her other issues.

I am totally blown away by the prices and reception to the latest Power Rangers comic. The 1:50 and 1:100 are certainly rising, and the other five covers (one for each Ranger) are sold out all over. I'm wishing I had preordered the 1:50 or 1:100, but I picked up two sets of the other five covers. I'm wondering what the print run will be for each cover, not that I really care, because the story is good enough to carry issue 0 by itself.

i wish Silk was hotter too. She's getting there, and this Campbell cover will revive some interest in her other issues.

I am totally blown away by the prices and reception to the latest Power Rangers comic. The 1:50 and 1:100 are certainly rising, and the other five covers (one for each Ranger) are sold out all over. I'm wishing I had preordered the 1:50 or 1:100, but I picked up two sets of the other five covers. I'm wondering what the print run will be for each cover, not that I really care, because the story is good enough to carry issue 0 by itself.

Looks like I should have bought that Green Ranger cover for 40 and flipped right away. I'm shocked considering the terrible cover art.

I actually wanted two sets of the rangers #0. didnt think i would have a hard time grabbing them weeks later but at these prices i dont even know if i will get 1 full set.

And to add to the discussion,How about the spiderman/deadpool gamestop variant? Its been 50+ for a while before it released

I actually wanted two sets of the rangers #0. didnt think i would have a hard time grabbing them weeks later but at these prices i dont even know if i will get 1 full set.

And to add to the discussion,How about the spiderman/deadpool gamestop variant? Its been 50+ for a while before it released

You would have had to spend a minimum of $375 at Game Stop to get enough points to qualify for the Deadpool comic. $50 doesn't seem out of line.

You would have had to spend a minimum of $375 at Game Stop to get enough points to qualify for the Deadpool comic. $50 doesn't seem out of line.

lol good point

Not sure about you guys but I can't even stand what Marvel has churn out over the last year. Only a small handful of good stories and art but lately there is virtually nothing I am looking forward to seeing ever week.

When is the fad of Lady Thor, Wolverine chic, different Cap guy, etc going to end. It really is getting painful how bad the material is.

Not sure about you guys but I can't even stand what Marvel has churn out over the last year. Only a small handful of good stories and art but lately there is virtually nothing I am looking forward to seeing ever week.

When is the fad of Lady Thor, Wolverine chic, different Cap guy, etc going to end. It really is getting painful how bad the material is.

too many story lines about female heroes / not enough storylines about Frankencastle

Diverse centric Marvel is in it for the long haul

too many story lines about female heroes / not enough storylines about Frankencastle

literally the worst marvel thing i've read in the past 20 years.