• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

I always wondered why Harley Quinn 1 (first series) is so undervalued compared to other Harley Quinn comics.

It's newer, and there are a lot of them, but that won't matter when Margot makes a splash on the big screen. Demand will outweigh supply at that point and I think we'll see them go higher.

I know they aren't hard to find, but are there really "a lot" of them? It was put out in a low print run era, was not a particularly popular title, etc. Kind of like later Deadpool issues. They're out there, but people don't have palettes of them.

Suicide Squad 1, 6 & 7, Secret Origins #4, Harley #1 (both volumes) might be getting close to blowing up. They haven't had the bump I've expected yet, but it's close. Almost everything Harley Quinn should see an uptick. Margot Robbie seems to be the right choice for the character.

Room to grow but the window to get in is getting smaller

Hope so. I just got my Suicide Squad 1 (11/11) back from CGC at a 9.6, the now classic Batman Harley Quinn #nn 1st print at 9.8, and I have the first run HQ #1 singed by Dodson on its way back from CGC. What is it about SS #6 and #7 that get a premium?

What about the Gothem City Sirens #1?

Suicide Squad is her origin story, (3rd one for new 52), as well as Detective 23.2 and secret origins.

Everything Harley is vastly overpriced already, and only going to get worse before it crashes. Sell Sell Sell IMO.

Suicide Squad 1, 6 & 7, Secret Origins #4, Harley #1 (both volumes) might be getting close to blowing up. They haven't had the bump I've expected yet, but it's close. Almost everything Harley Quinn should see an uptick. Margot Robbie seems to be the right choice for the character.

Room to grow but the window to get in is getting smaller

Hope so. I just got my Suicide Squad 1 (11/11) back from CGC at a 9.6, the now classic Batman Harley Quinn #nn 1st print at 9.8, and I have the first run HQ #1 singed by Dodson on its way back from CGC. What is it about SS #6 and #7 that get a premium?

What about the Gothem City Sirens #1?

Suicide Squad is her origin story, (3rd one for new 52), as well as Detective 23.2 and secret origins.

Everything Harley is vastly overpriced already, and only going to get worse before it crashes. Sell Sell Sell IMO.

I will likely sell the SS stuff (not really a version of HQ I like in those books), and I do see the new 52 HQ stuff crashing at some point. I doubt the Batman HQ #nn will ever crash.

If you think it's "vastly overpriced" and will only get worse, why would you sell now?

If you think it's "vastly overpriced" and will only get worse, why would you sell now?

I think he meant we will see a peak a few weeks before the movie followed by a crash. I am not sure there will be a crash though, based on how the movie does. The character has grown to great popularity without any mainstream exposure (unless you count animated which is old at this point), so I would not bet on the typical movie bump and dump. If anything DC will kill the cash cow by overexposure in the DCU separate from the live action. But DC has been pimping Batman out in spades for decades and it has never diminished his popularity. Harley like it or not is likely here to stay.

The issues from the 2001 series don't seem so expensive. I wish they were more expensive!

A Harley Quinn "crash" is not going to happen because people aren't going to forget about her anytime soon. A failed Suicide Squad movie MAY cause a severe decline, but that's not going to happen either. There may be an eventual decline, but the popular books will still sell well.

In my opinion.

Edited by 21Pittsburgh58

A Harley Quinn "crash" is not going to happen because people aren't going to forget about her anytime soon. A failed Suicide Squad movie MAY cause a severe decline, but that's not going to happen either. There may be an eventual decline, but the popular books will still sell well.

In my opinion.

Meaning the true Harley keys....

Batman Adventures 12

Batman Harley Quinn nn

Are safe.

What about some of the other early Harley stuff like Mad Love, and Batman: Harley and Ivy. Not keys in the same way, by were key in establishing the character outside of her relationship with Joker.

Well here is my take on the best Harley book to stock pile on.....MADLOVE!!!

I got a few copies in 9.8. The book IMO is the powder in the keg. Without a doubt the best Harley story to date. I've always imagined that if DC were to ever give Harley her own flick, Mad Love would be the story line. These thoughts were a few years ago and now that Margo has a 10year contract and we now have a Joker, well its only edging toward reality. The black background also makes this book a tough one. Its a Bruce Timm cover as well. The census numbers, I think are quite low and I find that these CGC 9.8s can be had in the low to mid $300 range. I predict if the SS movie is successful, you just may Margo Robbie and Jared Leto starring in Mad Love as fans could be begging for more of the two characters after the SS movie. I have always loved that potential aspect as a speculator. If SS movie does well, I just may buy every copy I can get my hands on at any price. But for now, price is a factor.

Well here is my take on the best Harley book to stock pile on.....MADLOVE!!!

I got a few copies in 9.8. The book IMO is the powder in the keg. Without a doubt the best Harley story to date. I've always imagined that if DC were to ever give Harley her own flick, Mad Love would be the story line. These thoughts were a few years ago and now that Margo has a 10year contract and we now have a Joker, well its only edging toward reality. The black background also makes this book a tough one. Its a Bruce Timm cover as well. The census numbers, I think are quite low and I find that these CGC 9.8s can be had in the low to mid $300 range. I predict if the SS movie is successful, you just may Margo Robbie and Jared Leto starring in Mad Love as fans could be begging for more of the two characters after the SS movie. I have always loved that potential aspect as a speculator. If SS movie does well, I just may buy every copy I can get my hands on at any price. But for now, price is a factor.

:golfclap:

In my opinion.

Batman Adventures 12

Batman Harley Quinn nn

Are safe.

What about some of the other early Harley stuff like Mad Love, and Batman: Harley and Ivy. Not keys in the same way, by were key in establishing the character outside of her relationship with Joker.

I would say a lot of the early Harley appearances are undervalued like that Batman Gallery book that predates the Batman Harley Quinn nn. In a lot of ways she is like Deadpool in that her early appearances are now being gobbled up probably because she didn't suffer from overexposure early on.

In my opinion.

the 90 day average on GPA suggests a crash on Batman adventures 12. Why is no one commenting on this?

the only figure that is up is the CGC 9.8 blue label with a 90 day average of $1833 and a last sale of $1701.

Is this book going up in value right now? No. Is this a good sign for things to come? No.

In my opinion.

Batman Adventures 12

Batman Harley Quinn nn

Are safe.

I would say a lot of the early Harley appearances are undervalued like that Batman Gallery book that predates the Batman Harley Quinn nn. In a lot of ways she is like Deadpool in that her early appearances are now being gobbled up probably because she didn't suffer from overexposure early on.

she didn't suffer from overexposure early on

Hilarious.

Not too sure why Harley is being brought up all of a sudden, but when SS was announced sometime last year I went to Squaredealonline and bought 5 copies of SSN52 #1 Green 1st Print (2011) for 75.00 total. I remember that at the time everyone was buying a ton of Legends #3 and prices were between 75-100 on raw NM copies.. This is last year!

My only regret is that I shouldve bought more since they had them then doh!