• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

That one's pretty cool because it's an internal document from Valiant 1993. (thumbs u

Photocopies were made about 10 years ago, but the originals with provenance like that one are the ones that get bragging rights.

That one's pretty cool because it's an internal document from Valiant 1993. (thumbs u

Photocopies were made about 10 years ago, but the originals with provenance like that one are the ones that get bragging rights.

is it actually hot? or just rare and valuable? I know sometimes they're both, but sometimes they're not.

is it actually hot? or just rare and valuable? I know sometimes they're both, but sometimes they're not.

It's probably a bit of both. Valiant has been hot for a while thanks to the rare combination of quality writing/art and film announcements.

Edited by MrWeen

some really poor cover stock on Deadpool 6...could barely find one without a bend on the corners or spine creases. Did find a CM 1 Hughes for $10 though. 2 Stores didn't even have any Captain Marvel 1's in stock.

Edited by krighton

Of the 6 stores I checked today, only one got the Hughes Captain Marvel in and it was $50... I passed. Odd, because the 2nC usually gets these higher end variants, especially if it's a new 1st issue, and even more so if it's a bigger Marvel book, and they didn't even get one in. Couldn't find a single Poison Ivy variant.

Edited by BishopT

Captain Marvel holding steady at around $50.00 Not sure if Captain Marvel was ordered heavily enough to get the variant in most shops. I wouldn't think she'd be a title you'd be confident to order more than 20-25 copies after files.

I mailed mine off to CGC, hopefully it doesn't crash and burn before it returns :lol:

Edited by krighton

Suicide Squad 1, 6 & 7, Secret Origins #4, Harley #1 (both volumes) might be getting close to blowing up. They haven't had the bump I've expected yet, but it's close. Almost everything Harley Quinn should see an uptick. Margot Robbie seems to be the right choice for the character.

Room to grow but the window to get in is getting smaller

Suicide Squad 1, 6 & 7, Secret Origins #4, Harley #1 (both volumes) might be getting close to blowing up. They haven't had the bump I've expected yet, but it's close. Almost everything Harley Quinn should see an uptick. Margot Robbie seems to be the right choice for the character.

Room to grow but the window to get in is getting smaller

Hope so. I just got my Suicide Squad 1 (11/11) back from CGC at a 9.6, the now classic Batman Harley Quinn #nn 1st print at 9.8, and I have the first run HQ #1 singed by Dodson on its way back from CGC. What is it about SS #6 and #7 that get a premium?

What about the Gothem City Sirens #1?

I always wondered why Harley Quinn 1 (first series) is so undervalued compared to other Harley Quinn comics.

It's newer, and there are a lot of them, but that won't matter when Margot makes a splash on the big screen. Demand will outweigh supply at that point and I think we'll see them go higher.

I always wondered why Harley Quinn 1 (first series) is so undervalued compared to other Harley Quinn comics.

I have the full run read once by me then bagged and boarded. Issue #1 in 9.6 seems to run around $125. I think it is undervalued. To me Timm and Dodson are the definitive HQ especially when it comes to the original costume. My copy has a chance at a 9.6, but I kinda think it will end up a 9.4.

I also am starting to see HQ's first two Batman appearances (2nd and 3rd in mainstream DCU) going up.

Edited by drotto