• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

heres an obscure book you dont get to see too often:

Tommy cereal killer 1

The one to get is the Hidden Pants Down variant.. which borrows subliminal treats from Alf 48

They were at ECCC with a stack of every cover. I don't see this lasting long.

There were only 100 of the pants down variant.. It looks very similar to the Trix variant except for...

Well except for a minor detail

heres an obscure book you dont get to see too often:

Tommy cereal killer 1

The one to get is the Hidden Pants Down variant.. which borrows subliminal treats from Alf 48

They were at ECCC with a stack of every cover. I don't see this lasting long.

There were only 100 of the pants down variant.. It looks very similar to the Trix variant except for...

Well except for a minor detail

The covers just remind me too much of the Ron English cereal figures he came out with before. They box says the same stuff as these covers about diabetes and heart disease.

I think this pricing is largely due to the high price to set up (up to $1000 to $2000 at many larger cons), and dealers know they'll be talked down on most all wall book prices as well. It's a tiptoe between just high enough, and just low enough to get people asking about and open the dialogue. When it's a big gap between real value and sticker price, it's an easy recipe for no sale.

Justice League #40 1:25 eBay just broke 1 hundo. While not the Rebirth news that did it, it is surely the 1st Grail that is.

Regular cover selling well too.

No, the Movie variant is not doing anything. (tsk)

I have 5 movie variants in a BIN for $20/$5 s/h. Some views but that is about it. Still time but it was a slim chance.

I passed up variant for $150 at East Coast Comic Con today. His Supergirl and the Legion of Superheroes AH! cover was $500 raw and you can get a 9.6 on ebay right now for that price.

Edited by Bird

I just looked and the Magic Mike got $10.89 and $8.50 after shipping on last two auctions...pretty good for that issue I think. Someone should hit my BIN! :makepoint:

Moon Knight #1 1:25 Marco Rudy variant is a good flip if you were able to get one for $10-15 on Wednesday

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_sop=1&_nkw=Moon%20Knight%201%201%3A25%20rudy&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

The regular cover is sold out at several shops around here

The book is awesome. Whether this is able to hold its value, is anyone's guess. This was my favorite #1 from the relaunch.

So if a discussion starts in this thread in regards to the print run of a specific variant that is being hyped/flipped or whatever certain individuals complain. Some of them even go as far as humping the button because they say it is off topic.

Yet a topic that is not about a specific modern heating up such as purchasing at conventions is discussed and apparently they have no issue. I can't help but wonder if that is because a off topic conversation about buying at cons won't hurt anyone's profits on a certain book that is being "discussed" here.

This is just an observation and not towards anyone in the current conversation. Personally I enjoy it when threads are open to being slightly off track when it is relatable to the main topic. I just find it odd that the usual complainers are not speaking up about this being off topic. Perhaps they are taking notes.

Sorry, was busy all weekend, but I'm back now.

Monstress #1 (2nd Print) looks to be doing well on eBay.

Doing better than the 1st print...not even an amazing cover that's drawing people in just the fact that it's a 2nd print.

Probably due the demand of the completists vs the supply. The same thing happened with Manhattan Projects #1 (3rd Print) and for a brief moment the second printing of Sixth Gun: Sons of the Gun #1

Man you guys talking about dealers having wall books around ebay prices. Sheesh last 2 years WW con here in town the dealers are charging double ebay prices. lol

The bold part is the reason dealers are charging so much. WW, from what I've gathered, is an expensive con to set up at regardless of location.