• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,788 posts in this topic

yeah I didn't know there was a Dark Souls blank variant until I stumbled across one...most everyone got 1 copy of covers A-D and that was it.

See, even after looking at some online shops and eBay, I didn't know there was a blank until you just mentioned it. I was able to get two A covers from two different stores, and a C cover. Also just ordered a Diamond UK exclusive cover from eBay. I would say I'm spec'ing hard on this book, but I'm a huge Souls fan from Demon's Souls, so I would have hoarded these anyway.

Contemplating ordering the Praise The Sun variant as well.

Black Mask ‏@blackmaskstudio Apr 19

So we are asking stores and fans to not price gouge, try and steal each others customers, spoil the book, or anything like that.

Yikes.

I've been selling it since Friday. ( got direct from printer )

Giving it out free with purchase today too. ( Blackmask has been re-tweeting us as well, so I guess they are OK with it. )

Far too much promotion on my part to stop now.

Anyway...

You're right. I was noticing that they sold in NM- too. Here is the winning formula 1 in 9.8 and 17 in NM- lol

Here is #1-5 signed by the colorist that went for $60 in 9.4 NM or better. Thats still over $10 per book. I'd say they're starting to get warm. A #1 in CGC 9.8 also sold over $100 yesterday.

1-5 signed by the colorist

#1s in CGC 9.8

Edited by The Authority

I know alot of people dont have faith in the book but some heat is starting to build on the fix. its going for double cover and is getting a 2nd print. image expo cover went for around $30 last auction and not many copys on the bay right now

I know alot of people dont have faith in the book but some heat is starting to build on the fix. its going for double cover and is getting a 2nd print. image expo cover went for around $30 last auction and not many copys on the bay right now

i'm sure the comic is fine...it's the taint of Spencer that I can't reconcile.

Spencer wears on people with divisive rhetoric. Its almost impossible for a lot us to separate the man from his work. Very few people are this loud when they are trying to sell their product to earn a living. He certainly has fans but probably about half of what a guy with his talent should appeal to imo.

I thought Jon Kent's first was in Superman Convergence 2?

It is. But this is when he puts on the costume, I think.

Yes, cameo as a baby in SC 2

No costume yet, but LC1 is first full appearance of the character "grown" into the age he will be written in Supersons.

DEA7F4C0-EE44-44F2-B00D-12258FFADF65_zpsw3q42rrg.jpg

Most people, including myself, are not a fan of 1st app babies. I'll pass on Son of the Demon baby Damian, test tube X-23, and UXM 201 baby Cable.

And yes, the regular Lee Weeks cover is by far the better cover for this book, but you know, 1:25 variant hotness and all. (shrug)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that human does not look like a baby to me.

Yes, that human pictured above is not a baby. Maybe not even human.

That (maybe) human IS a baby in SC2, with a full head of super-hair...

Baby Kent :

611CF6C1-8619-4001-8D21-BCA4798A51C6_zpsfwdjfady.jpg

Cheers!

CGC says SC2 is birth of and thus first appearance ... but has first full appearance been put in on LC1?

What's LC1 even going to say? "First teenage"? ;)

i'm sure the comic is fine...it's the taint of Spencer that I can't reconcile.

Spencer wears on people with divisive rhetoric. Its almost impossible for a lot us to separate the man from his work. Very few people are this loud when they are trying to sell their product to earn a living. He certainly has fans but probably about half of what a guy with his talent should appeal to imo.

I can not argue or disagree with either of those statments.

Are we still complaining about how many covers a comic has?

How many can possibly be printed of 4 Kids to have the amount of variants that it has? C2E2, Wondercon, ECCC, Ghost, Jesse James, Fried Pie, French Connection?, Rick's Comic City (City of God homage), New Wave, Ssalefish, Get Carter homage.

How many can possibly be printed of 4 Kids to have the amount of variants that it has? C2E2, Wondercon, ECCC, Ghost, Jesse James, Fried Pie, French Connection?, Rick's Comic City (City of God homage), New Wave, Ssalefish, Get Carter homage.

I think it's fun. I doubt I'll get into the store variants, but cool idea tied to movies.

Black Mask is counting on it's built-in fan base to keep them afloat. With that many covers and the lack of new books released, they're gonna be burning bridges pretty fast.

Is NYX #3 about to take another big bump? Rumored X-23 may be coming to Wolverine 3 movie.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/rumor-x-23-to-make-her-live-action-debut-in-wolverine-3

Wolverine 80 should see a bump too :baiting:

Absolutely! :sumo::grin:

1st Appearance of Wolvie's spunk in a test tube is on the rise again? lol