• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,787 posts in this topic

Anyone else stunned to see what beater copies of Tales to Astonish 13 are pulling currently.

That's an astounding price for that book. I realize this is an SA book, but man Groot is pulling in the cash currently better then all others.

astonish_boy_2368872.jpg

we all thought it would be rocket but me thinks its gonna be Groot the kiddies gravitate too.

It's always been Groot. There are just no minis to hype up and sell with him though.

Batman 619 first Hush - 2nd print is the one to get now before Hush comes back. It has a wicked variant Riddler cover playing chess & is super low printed. See Comichron numbers below from November 2003.

232 Batman 619 $2.25 DC 3,778

I have been stacking up on these when ever I see them in the wild and figure it's going to be a 3 digit book eventually based on the scarcity.

we all thought it would be rocket but me thinks its gonna be Groot the kiddies gravitate too.

It's always been Groot. There are just no minis to hype up and sell with him though.

Based on what? On comics selling for $1000? There's no kids buying those.

Not yet lol

I'm starting to buy in to the Groot hype..

I bet you will hear a ton of elementary aged kids running around saying "I am groot" all the time.. much to the chagrin of their parents lol

:o

I still have 1 of those :fear:

lol

The modern forum is so biased. The only reason RR is being hyped more than Groot is because people were able to buy RR #1-4, Hulk #271-272, Marvel Age #25, Annihilators #3. There was nothing like that for Groot.

I guess we'll see in a week.

I'm not biased, I just wanted to use ironical in a sentence. Haha ! I don't have a horse in the race. No Groot or Rocket stuff older than a few years. I think they will both be extremely popular with the kids...and us older guys. :D

I can't wait to see this movie. I'm nearly (not quite) Star Wars excited. lol

I'm not biased, I just wanted to use ironical in a sentence. Haha ! I don't have a horse in the race. No Groot or Rocket stuff older than a few years. I think they will both be extremely popular with the kids...and us older guys. :D

I was skeptical until I saw that this movie is at 100% at the moment. This many positive early reviews is a very good sign,

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/guardians_of_the_galaxy/

I was skeptical until I saw that this movie is at 100% at the moment. This many positive early reviews is a very good sign,

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/guardians_of_the_galaxy/

I liked this little blurb

"The cheeky comic tone keeps things buoyant - as does Chris Pratt's winning performance as the most blissfully spaced-out space crusader this side of Buckaroo Banzai."

Buckaroo Banzai ? Are you kidding ? Absolutely can't wait for it lol

2227388-richierich.jpg

The modern forum is so biased. The only reason RR is being hyped more than Groot is because people were able to buy RR #1-4, Hulk #271-272, Marvel Age #25, Annihilators #3. There was nothing like that for Groot.

I guess we'll see in a week.

I have no skin in this game at all as I don't own a single Groot or RR issue of any era... having said that, I just don't understand how a tough raccoon with heavy artillery doesn't win over the boys in the audience. It seems like a sure thing... though I feel the character would have been better served with a different voice.

Everything we know about Groot... I don't know, I just don't see the draw for kids based on how the character has been portrayed in the trailers.

2227388-richierich.jpg

I collected Richie Rich as a kid. A friend of mine just shut down his LCS last month. I made it a point to buy about 40 Richie Rich books as my last in store purchase. Full circle.