• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,787 posts in this topic

I have noticed all the NM copies of Star Wars: Jedi - Mace Windu have dried up on eBay. There is only a single listing for a VF/NM copy. This is a comic that usually has 5-10 copies on eBay at any given time.

I'm guessing it is due to this older rumor that Lupita Nyong'o will be playing Asajj Ventress in the new movie. SWJMW is the first appearance of Asajj in comics:

http://io9.com/is-lupita-nyongo-playing-asajj-ventress-in-star-wars-e-1571699619

Hmmmm, interesting.

Thanks.

SW Tales 19 is the one I think do well.

Why SW Tales 19? (shrug)

First and last appearance of Ben Skywalker

If the seller is smart....EVERYONE gets a second chance offer, lol

:roflmao:

Even the shilled account!!!

Am I reading it right that the winner of the auction has 100% bid activity with the seller and has 569 feedback?

If that is true, they are not even trying to hide that this is a shill account.

Am I reading it right that the winner of the auction has 100% bid activity with the seller and has 569 feedback?

LMAO, wow.....

Okay, I'm probably wrong here. It looks like the 100% bid activity only covers the last 30 days. It's probable this buyer has activity with other sellers older than 30 days. :blush:

Okay, I'm probably wrong here. It looks like the 100% bid activity only covers the last 30 days. It's probable this buyer has activity with other sellers older than 30 days. :blush:

Also, it's not very good shilling if the "shill" account wins. The trick is to make the other guy win. Let's face it - not every stupid sale is a conspiracy; some bidders are just stupid. And when 2 stupid bidders want the same item...

There's a lot of stupidity on eBay, buying and selling. I myself tried to snipe a VF Fantastic Four 99 a few years ago for $10.00, but accidentally entered $1000. Needless to say, I won the auction. I paid more than I wanted, but I got the book and learned a lesson.

There's a lot of stupidity on eBay, buying and selling. I myself tried to snipe a VF Fantastic Four 99 a few years ago for $10.00, but accidentally entered $1000. Needless to say, I won the auction. I paid more than I wanted, but I got the book and learned a lesson.

Been there, done that.

Been there, done that.

Definitely a hazard of using a cell phone for last minute bidding lol

I have noticed all the NM copies of Star Wars: Jedi - Mace Windu have dried up on eBay. There is only a single listing for a VF/NM copy. This is a comic that usually has 5-10 copies on eBay at any given time.

I'm guessing it is due to this older rumor that Lupita Nyong'o will be playing Asajj Ventress in the new movie. SWJMW is the first appearance of Asajj in comics:

http://io9.com/is-lupita-nyongo-playing-asajj-ventress-in-star-wars-e-1571699619

Hmmmm, interesting.

Thanks.

Why SW Tales 19? (shrug)

Fixed that for you. If that was the case the book wouldn't be rising in price.

Edited by Fastballspecial

Hmmmm, interesting.

Thanks.

Why SW Tales 19? (shrug)

Its his only comic book appearance, and it amounts to an Elseworlds story. His character is mostly relegated to the books.

Yeah, well aware. Sold a $100 lot of comics yesterday...got an email from the buyer. "cancel that transaction, I found a variant set I want more"

Sigh.....and ebay makes it so easy to cancel a buyer transaction (and no the buyer hasn't responded to ebays request for cancellation so I can get my fee back).

Yeah, well aware. Sold a $100 lot of comics yesterday...got an email from the buyer. "cancel that transaction, I found a variant set I want more"

Sigh.....and ebay makes it so easy to cancel a buyer transaction (and no the buyer hasn't responded to ebays request for cancellation so I can get my fee back).

I cant imagine anyone would re-neg on a Five Ghosts lot.. Oops did I say it out loud :)

That would me off.

Been there, done that.

+1 but I did wind up with a miracleman 1 gold for a great price and am very happy with the purchase now

I cant imagine anyone would re-neg on a Five Ghosts lot.. Oops did I say it out loud :)

I've had renig's on a bunch of different stuff. Just a pain.

Hmmmm, interesting.

Thanks.

Why SW Tales 19? (shrug)

Its his only comic book appearance, and it amounts to an Elseworlds story. His character is mostly relegated to the books.

Elseworld stories - fictional tales of fictional characters that don't take place in continuity with other fictional tales. Pretty much all the Star Wars stories up until now outside the movies and the Clone Wars cartoons have been relegated to Elseworld stories (aka Legends.)

Good call on the SW Tales 19. I did notice the high priced one listed on eBay, but I took it as yet another high priced BIN comic on eBay which are very prevalent these days. It's funny because the rumor mill around Ben Skywalker have been going since last summer with different people playing the part (all too old IMHO.) I figured any rumors around Mara Jade Skywalker, Ben Skywalker, and the Solo twins (Jacen and Jaina) need to be taken with a huge grain of salt.

Are people still speculating on Dark Empire II #5 and 6 due to the first comic appearances of the Solo twins? It didn't look like Mara Jade's first comic appearance (Heir to the Empire #1 I believe) saw any movement on the rumors.

So, with the first appearance of Han Solo (who will be getting a spinoff movie according to Disney) being Marvel Star Wars 2, will we see some of these other speculated books bring more money than that issue? Star Wars 2 is a $15-25 book in NM condition raw. I still find it funny that Han's first appearance only fetches half of Boba Fett's first appearance.

Edited by rjrjr