• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,757 posts in this topic

More recently it's been going for $10-15. Most recently there are some $7 sales, but I would say for a month or two it's been $10+.

Some other new Marvel series above cover are Magneto, Gambit, Deadpool vs. Carnage, Loki and Moon Knight.

$10 to $15 ? Even better lol

Didn't want to start a new thread, but did anyone see this? Honestly, never heard of the book or of Andrew Hussie; sweet cover though!!! Checked the bay, none for sale (so kinda going against the title of this thread)...

Midas Flesh #8

Great series.

Didn't want to start a new thread, but did anyone see this? Honestly, never heard of the book or of Andrew Hussie; sweet cover though!!! Checked the bay, none for sale (so kinda going against the title of this thread)...

Midas Flesh #8

Great series.

I am waiting for my #1's to come back from CGC but as a rule of thumb, do not listen to any speculation suggestions bleeding cool gives. 2c

It's not like Rai called someone a k*** or anything.

Those recalled Wolverine books are more common than advertised. I used to pick them up when I came across them, but after 10 or so, I realized they were practically every other issue.

It wasn't the rarity I was commenting on, but that they had a good reason to recall it. It's a major title with a crazy racial slur that somehow made it to print without an editor saying "This probably won't fly."

The Rai book is being recalled because the perforation lines for the mask cut off the ears. Who cares.

I was just using your comment as a springboard to point out that recalled books aren't always as rare as rumored. As you state, the Wolverine book was recalled over a legit reason, yet they're still everywhere. I can't imagine the recalled Rai's being quite as rare either. 2c

Comichron has the total #2 numbers at 13,500.

Cover B is probably the subscription variant, which is, what, usually like 1/3 of the total? just under half? something along those lines.

Cover C is Recalled Mask edition

Cover D is 1:10

Cover E is a 1:25

Cover F is the corrected mask (not sure if this factors in to the numbers)

Cover G is a second printing (don't think this is part of the numbers)

What would the return rate be on the recalleds then? 30%? higher? lower? What is a common rate for this sort of thing?

These comics were not returned. The publisher asked for the copies to be destroyed by the comic retailers. (yeah, right.) Comicchron's numbers are based on the total comics ordered, not the extras sent out to retailers to replace the error masks. So, there are going to be way more than 13,500 copies of this comic around.

Ah, I see the destroyed. Ya, so probably not a high number, although, don't retailers need to send proof of destruction to get the replacements???

For the total numbers of the "Error Mask Variant", your math is off (or your wording is).

More recently it's been going for $10-15. Most recently there are some $7 sales, but I would say for a month or two it's been $10+.

Some other new Marvel series above cover are Magneto, Gambit, Deadpool vs. Carnage, Loki and Moon Knight.

The new Magneto series is pretty solid so far. (thumbs u

They were available for pick up on the 25th if you live near their store. I live literally down the street from the shop so I picked up my stash that day.

They were available for pick up on the 25th if you live near their store. I live literally down the street from the shop so I picked up my stash that day.

What I am inferring is that there are those of us who paid way up front and should have been the ones to get their purchases first(by pick up or by shipping).

What I am inferring is that there are those of us who paid way up front and should have been the ones to get their purchases first(by pick up or by shipping).

I was one of those who paid up front probably one of the earliest to do. The books were a pre-sale they had to be paid up front first.

Edited by fufat70

Why? I don't recall that there was any mention of that happening. You paid early so you were sure to get a copy (or copies). Not sure why you expect anything above and beyond that.

Why? I don't recall that there was any mention of that happening. You paid early so you were sure to get a copy (or copies). Not sure why you expect anything above and beyond that.

That has always been my experience. You pre-order to make sure you get some....not to get them first

I am just throwing my 2 cents in for just that what it is my 2 cents. I think where a lot of the ones who have ordered are upset is because they were informed they would be arrive at the store at a certain date and then they would start being sent out. And yes SDCC was last week everyone on the planet is aware of that but it takes people contacting the store either by there website or through the message boards on here at the beginning of this week asking what was up to be told that the books were "delayed" by Marvel and that they were to start shipping out on the 30th. But what really probably and if you did not live near the store to pick them up made people upset is people were told the books were "delayed" and instead we are seeing "live auctions for these books", notes on the sellers page telling people to pick up their copies of this very limited variant at a certain booth at SDCC and now the customers had preordered are being informed they were delayed and then they are saw as being sold at SDCC and even "live auctions" on Ebay completed for these books. I feel that is where the issue is that has upset some people because correct me if i am wrong anyone who ordered and this happened to you, you probably feel as though you have been jipped because you have the seller telling you the books were delayed and seeing them selling them at SDCC at the same time makes you a little weary. That is the same principle as if you had bought a new car special ordered and was informed by the dealer that they would receive it within a month and a few months later you have not heard anything and saw someone else driving your special order car. Maybe a bad comparison but correct me if I am wrong guys.

I am just throwing my 2 cents in for just that what it is my 2 cents. I think where a lot of the ones who have ordered are upset is because they were informed they would be arrive at the store at a certain date and then they would start being sent out. And yes SDCC was last week everyone on the planet is aware of that but it takes people contacting the store either by there website or through the message boards on here at the beginning of this week asking what was up to be told that the books were "delayed" by Marvel and that they were to start shipping out on the 30th. But what really probably and if you did not live near the store to pick them up made people upset is people were told the books were "delayed" and instead we are seeing "live auctions for these books", notes on the sellers page telling people to pick up their copies of this very limited variant at a certain booth at SDCC and now the customers had preordered are being informed they were delayed and then they are saw as being sold at SDCC and even "live auctions" on Ebay completed for these books. I feel that is where the issue is that has upset some people because correct me if i am wrong anyone who ordered and this happened to you, you probably feel as though you have been jipped because you have the seller telling you the books were delayed and seeing them selling them at SDCC at the same time makes you a little weary. That is the same principle as if you had bought a new car special ordered and was informed by the dealer that they would receive it within a month and a few months later you have not heard anything and saw someone else driving your special order car. Maybe a bad comparison but correct me if I am wrong guys.

I believe you are incorrect when taking about the "delay". If I remember correctly the variants were originally set to arrive on July 16th. Marvel delayed it by a week. The books did arrive on the 23th. So the books were available at the prescribed day. This was posted on this board a while ago so you probably missed it. You can clearly look it up yourself on this board which you should of done before making comments about things that are incorrect. Just saying....

That book might pop, but there is another book that is going to explode based on that scene. Granted, it's not a modern, so.....