• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

Batman and Red Robin #19

I thought this was a winner last year. This book has the first New 52 Carrie Kelley appearance. If she is the Robin in Batman vs Superman, BIG winner.

Thanks I picked up some last years from your post. Just have to rem which box it is in now.

Haha ! Too many boxes is a good thing. :)

the shops in my local area didn't get but 1 copy each and they were gone pretty fast... They had a poop ton of the Halloween cover though...

So I did a few BIN on ebay for $15 shipped.

Anyone else notice the Marvel 75th Anniversary Deadpool covers this week being pretty hard to grab? The 3 shops I hit at 11:30am were all sold out...

Have a feeling the Harely #11 Variant is going to take off.

oh hey all my orders for this book got cancelled.

What was the reason ?

Same as it always as if for pre-orders. We're out of stock.

Out of stock? You should have pre-ordered so they knew you wanted one....wait...

DCBS and other pre-order sellers cannot guarantee they will fill variant pre-orders. I've had a handful of pre-order variants canceled over the years because of this.

There's a back issue Pokemon card market?!?

Not here buddy,

I was simply taunting.( I do that sometimes )

On a recent Marvel conference call it was cited that a tight synergy between the comics & movie universe was in the works.

Falcon is Cap in the comics.

I'm speculating he'll be Cap in the movies too...

Or something...

And I would counter-speculate that for better or worse, it would not make financial sense for Marvel to make Captain America black in a movie, unless its Denzel or Will Smith.

Holy mess.

DCBS and other pre-order sellers cannot guarantee they will fill variant pre-orders. I've had a handful of pre-order variants canceled over the years because of this.

Doesn't it seem odd, maybe even dishonest to sell something you can't deliver on?

Doesn't it seem odd, maybe even dishonest to sell something you can't deliver on?

Yes.

Yes.

Midtown still has this book ( $21.25 ) so I don't understand why DCBS wouldn't. They're both pretty big internet sellers. (shrug)

Yes.

Midtown still has this book ( $21.25 ) so I don't understand why DCBS wouldn't. They're both pretty big internet sellers. (shrug)

Midtown doesn't sell on an ebay account. :)

Yes.

Midtown doesn't sell on an ebay account. :)

(thumbs u

Not here buddy,

On a recent Marvel conference call it was cited that a tight synergy between the comics & movie universe was in the works has been going on for some time now.

Or something...

Not here buddy,

On a recent Marvel conference call it was cited that a tight synergy between the comics & movie universe was in the works.

Or something...

And I would counter-speculate that for better or worse, it would not make financial sense for Marvel to make Captain America black in a movie, unless its Denzel or Will Smith.

Yeah...Marvel would NEVER do that!

Does Samuel L Jackson count...?!?

If you think that changing the race of Nick Fury or even Human Torch is even remotely the same as changing race of Captain America from a movie marketing persepective...well you're wrong. Too iconic, too many people would be against it (although not me!), too many people value 'whiteness' as integral to the representation of 'America' (and that character), both domestically and internationally. I just don't have as much faith in America, or the world market at large. There would be a large financial dip, to the point where it just wouldn't be worth it to risk it, UNLESS the star power of the actor were great enough to overcome those perceptions.

Very different from Fantastic Four, which is far less well known INTERNATIONALLY to begin with, and the core of the book is about science and family, not "America", and the Human Torch spends most of his time ON FIRE.

1 - I don't think it would affect movie goers. They're going to see the movies no matter what. ( I mean, they've made bigger, more pointless, bafling changes to characters, and people still see them, and really don't care).

2-What's the point of changeing a character's skin colour in the movies??? If you want diversity, then use characters with the desired skin colour. Simple as that.