• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

What would guys say are the hottest moderns out right now. My Top 10 would consist of

Edge of Spider-verse 2

Wytches NYCC #1

Enormous, almost all of the covers and issues

Wolverine 1,2,3 Months to Die or 8,9,10,11,12

Big Hero 6 1 / Alpha Flight 17

Rat Queens complete sets

Manifest Destiny complete sets

what else ?

From a pure profit standpoint

Walking dead

Walking Dead

Anything signed by Stan Lee

Walking Dead

Walking Dead

XFactor 24

Walking dead

Walking Dead

Infinity Guantlet 1

Wytches

What would guys say are the hottest moderns out right now. My Top 10 would consist of

Edge of Spider-verse 2

Wytches NYCC #1

Rat Queens complete sets

what else ?

From a pure profit standpoint

Walking dead

Walking Dead

Anything signed by Stan Lee

Walking Dead

Walking Dead

XFactor 24

Walking dead

Walking Dead

Infinity Guantlet 1

Wytches

I'd take Jeff's list out of the two, and I hate Walking Dead :grin:

The stuff in my list would have made you a lot more profit if you invested an equal amount of money over the last year except for maybe the Stan Lee stuff. Rat Queens and Manifest Destiny were a $1.75 to $2.28 each and have averaged more than $10 per book in sets. Edge of Spider-verse #2 ( which I bought at cover) has turned into a $25 book. Enormous is bringing around $20 for #1 and $40 to $50 a set. Those were only $2.59 when I ordered them. Wytches is on both list. Anyway, I was just wondering what everybody else was looking at in the newer stuff. I wasn't looking for blue chip, long term holds because then you're talking silver and bronze stuff too.

Anyone think the first appearance of Wytches will heat up if I list this HTF Previews issue at a first appearance? Apparently anything will sell on Ebay these days so it shouldn't be a problem right?

IMG_41051_zpsc576a6e4.jpg

1st appearances of costumes are now a selling point so I'm sure you can move that previews book.

The stuff in my list would have made you a lot more profit if you invested an equal amount of money over the last year except for maybe the Stan Lee stuff. Rat Queens and Manifest Destiny were a $1.75 to $2.28 each and have averaged more than $10 per book in sets. Edge of Spider-verse #2 ( which I bought at cover) has turned into a $25 book. Enormous is bringing around $20 for #1 and $40 to $50 a set. Those were only $2.59 when I ordered them. Wytches is on both list. Anyway, I was just wondering what everybody else was looking at in the newer stuff. I wasn't looking for blue chip, long term holds because then you're talking silver and bronze stuff too.

I think the Spread #1 2nd print is still pretty sweet, but it seems as though interest has stalled currently. Very stoked about the #7 figurine variant :)

Also:

Afterlife With Archie

Sabrina (I think will continue to become even more popular now)

ASM #4 (raw and variants)

Batman & Red Robin #19

HARLEY Q!!! :cloud9:

You and I should discuss profitability sometime. ;)

Edge of Spider-verse 2

Wytches NYCC #1

Rat Queens complete sets

what else ?

Personally i had horrible experience with Enormous (had #1 all prints, mondo 3 & treasury size 1st), I made about $10 profit on each BUT it took me FOREVER to flip them. I also had lots of complaints on the treasury edition even tho it was new and I listed as VF, its a really tough book because I havent seen one with no bends and I had 7 copies. You already know Im a die hard RQ fan, so havent moved any of my 15 sets yet, not planning to anytime soon.

Wolverine #8 was the best one for me from your list, I bought 8 and moved them within days of listing for $10-12 each.

Also Adventures of Superman #14 moved very quickly for me, sold 6 of them in days and made $15 on each. It was a bit*h locating them originally though. So even though it was a quick flip it wasnt worth the work traveling and getting them.

My best flip was Outcast #1. I had 10 signed by Azaceta (not graded, just signed with COA) and flipped ALL OF THEM in less than a month for $30-40 each.

Overall, I stopped buying and flipping moderns, I have alot of comics (not moderns) and for the little profit I get from moderns (with the exception of the latter) its usually not worth the time for me.

As always... Just my opinion :)

Walking Dead always sells the best for me in moderns, raw or graded. And please no offense,but if you are not paying cover for your moderns, guess what, your to late and you should move on from it. Also can't forget good old ASM, always been a top seller, no matter what era.

Walking Dead always sells the best for me in moderns, raw or graded. And please no offense,but if you are not paying cover for your moderns, guess what, your to late and you should move on from it. Also can't forget good old ASM, always been a top seller, no matter what era.

Too late? We also need to do lunch some time. ;)

Too late? We also need to do lunch some time. ;)

Sure, I haven't been to your area in a bit......nobody should remember me :baiting:

I know you're good at what you do. One of these days I'm going to figure out how to say things in print in the way I mean them. :grin:

Edge of Spider-verse 2

Wytches NYCC #1

Rat Queens complete sets

what else ?

Personally i had horrible experience with Enormous (had #1 all prints, mondo 3 & treasury size 1st), I made about $10 profit on each BUT it took me FOREVER to flip them. I also had lots of complaints on the treasury edition even tho it was new and I listed as VF, its a really tough book because I havent seen one with no bends and I had 7 copies. You already know Im a die hard RQ fan, so havent moved any of my 15 sets yet, not planning to anytime soon.

Wolverine #8 was the best one for me from your list, I bought 8 and moved them within days of listing for $10-12 each.

Also Adventures of Superman #14 moved very quickly for me, sold 6 of them in days and made $15 on each. It was a bit*h locating them originally though. So even though it was a quick flip it wasnt worth the work traveling and getting them.

My best flip was Outcast #1. I had 10 signed by Azaceta (not graded, just signed with COA) and flipped ALL OF THEM in less than a month for $30-40 each.

Overall, I stopped buying and flipping moderns, I have alot of comics (not moderns) and for the little profit I get from moderns (with the exception of the latter) its usually not worth the time for me.

As always... Just my opinion :)

I missed out on that Adventures of Superman. Never saw it coming but I'm glad you did well with it. Great cover. Those signed Outcast were one of those out of the blue gifts from Midtown. You gotta love 'em.

I'm assuming Bishop and Blink were just introduced to be used later. I really liked Quicksilver. I don't get the same vibe as you. I get the "I've done it all and life is boring" vibe.

It could be that. I loved the slo-mo scene. That was awesome. (thumbs u

Yeah they nailed Quicksilver. Avengers version just wont live up to that I don't think. This is one time where they made me like a comic character I always hated.

Edited by Fastballspecial

I know you're good at what you do. One of these days I'm going to figure out how to say things in print in the way I mean them. :grin:

Always quite a difference between part and full time at it.

Edge of Spider-verse 2

Wytches NYCC #1

Rat Queens complete sets

what else ?

I'm certainly surprised that EOSV #2 has been so high for so long. Interesting twist on known characters and a super-cool costume must go a long way.

btw - I haven't read EOSV1, but in #2 there's a 'previously' panel with Spider-Gwen - is that not the first appearance? Cameo? Daydream? (shrug)