• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,791 posts in this topic

If I owned them, I would sell in a heartbeat.

If I owned them, but was a Star Wars completest, there is no doubt I would keep myself the best copy, but sell the heck out of the rest.

This thing won't be worth diddly in a month, haha.

My opinion. For what it is worth.

Usually around 2c .

That's going to be like mission impossible to determine IMO.

It can't be all that high due to the recall and I'm sure some are never going to be let go by serious SW collectors. I'd think If a majority of them were picked up before being pulled we'd be seeing way more on ebay than right now.

Almost 50 new listings in the last 24 hours seems like a lot for a weekday for this type of book. Come tomorrow and this weekend, there will be more of these listings. I Suspect we'll see more and more of these "recalled" listings until Hot Topic begins selling them in earnest, whenever that is. There are more listings for this comic already than there were for the Gamestop Star Wars variant a few years ago that cost a bunch of points to acquire.

A book like Captain America #25 had way more listings, but the people who picked up the Hot Topic comic had to go out of their way to acquire the book. The Captain America #25 was right there in the comic shop accessible to comic collectors/speculators/etc.

The thing is, even if this Hot Topic comic is not recalled, it won't matter anymore. The speculation cycle has begun and it always takes a while for something like this to run it's course. Now you have people who otherwise would have no interest in this book getting in on the action. Honestly, if I didn't want to keep them for my Star Wars collection, I would put my copies up for sale because I know I'll be able to get them again for cheaper than they are going for now.

Just to quibble a little bit, if you know you'll be able to get them again cheaper later then why not cash in now and rebuy once the price goes down? Keep one to hedge your bet and cash in.

Because it is not worth my time for a few bucks. (shrug)

If I owned them, I would sell in a heartbeat.

If I owned them, but was a Star Wars completest, there is no doubt I would keep myself the best copy, but sell the heck out of the rest.

This thing won't be worth diddly in a month, haha.

My opinion. For what it is worth.

Usually around 2c .

What if you are a Star Wars completist and a hoarder like me? lol

Seriously, if you've seen my collection, I have much, much higher priced items I could sell that I have duplicates of. This comic isn't worth that much.

I've used MattsComicShop many times. In fact he sent me a Star Wars today and it was checked into the post office, he probably just got screwed out of a few and wanted to keep what he had left, he has never screwed me. But to each his own.

Hi how are you, would you be ok with me sending you only one of the Star Wars Hot Topics? I'm having issues filling orders. I think one at $20 is a pretty great deal anyway since they are approaching $200. Please let me know asap. Sorry for the inconvenience. -Matt

Hi Matt, I'm sorry but I'm not ok with that. I won them both, I paid for them both, and you already marked them as shipped with a tracking number. If they were going for $5 today would you be sending me this message?

Thanks,

Tim

That's true. I was just checking. I know you've bought from me before and I'd like you to buy from me again so they will both be going out to you today. Congrats on the great deal. -Matt

I'm sorry I'm not able to fulfill the order I sold too many. I have none left you will see none listed on this account anymore. You can leave a negative feedback if you must.

Thank you. I hope your integrity was worth the extra $150 bucks.

The day after I won and paid for two copies via auction from him he sold three more for $100 a pop.

This chump will be getting two negs with 1 star across the board; I'm sure that will help his powerseller status.

and it's up for sale under another a different account

and another one; Matt I though you ran out of these

But this time they took away the pictures of the book on the exact same table as the one you bought Timmay. It CAN'T be the same book. Now they're different pictures. Disregard that they're both from Fort Meyers. I'm sure this person (btrflygrl24) isn't the same as mattscomicshop on Ebay. Nope. No connection at all.

"THIS IS THE NON ERROR VARIANT THIS IS A CORRECT PRINTING THAT WILL SHIP AS SOON AS THE ITEM IS RELEASED ANY DAY NOW "

Scam to trap quick readers.

Sorry, I disagree. The seller made it very clear in the listing - he actually separated that text out, centered it, and made it larger. Sure, he's trying to capitalize by asking a high price. It's not his fault buyers can't be bothered to READ.

I disagree. If the seller really was concerned he would have put in the title/heading which he didn't. I agree with Transplant on this one. I cant believe others on here think its okay the other way. Its misleading.

Edited by Fastballspecial

I'm obviouly more forgiving than you guys but I'll leave a neg. im not going to ruin the whole guys business though over this.

Think of it more as outlining the guy's business practice for future buyers. That is the purpose of feedback.

I'd hate to be the buyer of the next hot item, have the guy pull the same trick, and then find out that he'd done it before but no one had spoken up about it.

Again, comic book dealers do it all the time, its common practice to them, no way of changing that, no matter how many bad feedbacks you leave. They get HUNDREDS of negative feedbacks and most for that reason alone..

Im not taking sides here, but unfortunately, thats just how it is

Do you leave positive feedback? If so, why?

Are you insinuating that leaving a positive feedback has the same weigh as leaving a negative?

How many negatives have YOU left?

I've left hundreds, if not thousands, of negative feedbacks. And, in each and every case, going back 17 years, I have given every single seller the chance to make it right beforehand. Not one of them can rightfully say "you never gave me the chance to make it right!"

And, because I leave negatives for sellers who think it's ok to call a book "MINT!" when it has 47 thumb dents and spine tics, or that it's ok to ship what was a 9.8 book in a bubble envelope and no cardboard, or that it's ok to sell a book that has had the entire front cover professionally repainted, and call it "slight color color" (Harry Thomas, best friend of Bob Overstreet), or covers that are completely detached, torn in half, then both pieces taped back together and back to the book, and called "still attached at staples" (a Richie Muchin venture), or sending out heavy loads in flimsy, used boxes that then break open and spill out the contents all over the place, or any of the myriad problems that come up because of sellers who don't care, with client bases that act like crack addicts, *I* end up looking like the bad guy who is clearly a "problem buyer", and am even blocked by sellers on this very board.

:cloud9:

And, of course, those same sellers complain when someone with "perfect feedback" takes them for the inevitable ride, and no one before them bothered to leave appropriate feedback.

This situation is exactly what negative feedback is for: this guy compromised his integrity for more money. Is it a terrible crime? No. But negative feedback isn't the end of the world, either, and it is exactly designed for this situation.

Again, comic book dealers do it all the time, its common practice to them, no way of changing that, no matter how many bad feedbacks you leave. They get HUNDREDS of negative feedbacks and most for that reason alone..

Someone isn't absolved of wrongdoing just because they commit said wrongdoing all the time.

Your reasoning for not bothering to leave a neg in this case is beyond stupid.

This situation is exactly what negative feedback is for: this guy compromised his integrity for more money. Is it a terrible crime? No. But negative feedback isn't the end of the world, either, and it is exactly designed for this situation.

The kind of statement that is worth repeating. :cloud9:

Glad I was able to snag all the copies that were out, at my local Hot Topic. Not the greatest of conditions for some. Kind of tough to tell, as I can't see the back, unless I take them out of the polybag. Now, time to unload.

sw1hottopic.jpg

Thanks for the photo. Not making me want it more than that Wolverine #3 variant

Glad I was able to snag all the copies that were out, at my local Hot Topic. Not the greatest of conditions for some. Kind of tough to tell, as I can't see the back, unless I take them out of the polybag. Now, time to unload.

sw1hottopic.jpg

Thanks for the photo. Not making me want it more than that Wolverine #3 variant

The Wolverines #3 variant is pretty sweet.

I'm obviouly more forgiving than you guys but I'll leave a neg. im not going to ruin the whole guys business though over this.

Think of it more as outlining the guy's business practice for future buyers. That is the purpose of feedback.

I'd hate to be the buyer of the next hot item, have the guy pull the same trick, and then find out that he'd done it before but no one had spoken up about it.

Do you leave positive feedback? If so, why?

Are you insinuating that leaving a positive feedback has the same weigh as leaving a negative?

How many negatives have YOU left?

I've left hundreds, if not thousands, of negative feedbacks.

I love your shocking entrances lol